test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Suggestion to Revitalize the Foundry

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
edited September 2015 in The Foundry
Lairs require a daily key to retrieve content, e.g. the Sharandar key or the Arcane Gauntlet.

What about introducing a Foundry Key that players can get (from Rhix? Can we bring him back?) once per day, additional keys to be purchased at a rate similar to dungeon keys or lair keys.

Remove the useless green item from the Foundry chest and replace with an item from a loot table along the lines of
  • R5 enchantment (bad roll)
  • Lesser RP (bad roll)
  • Decent RP (break even roll)
  • Salvageable blue or purple item* (good if you need it, break even otherwise)
  • Nice RP (winning roll)
  • Campaign Currency (e.g. Strongholds vouchers)
  • GMOP/SMOP (small chance, such that running hundreds of times doesn't make it worth the key cost)
  • Random 110% mount from current lockbox (small chance, as above)
  • Artifact (small chance, as above)
* If you are of appropriate level for salvageable items, else blue appropriate to your class and level.

The weighted value of items in the loot table would be around 3K-5K AD, but the chance at significantly more valuable items creates an incentive for players to run Foundry content, just as they currently grind eLOL all day for a chance at the horn.

Require qualifying Foundries to meet certain criteria, similar to how they used to have to meet a criteria for the daily foundry bonus. Or perhaps, streamline an "approved exploit free" process to qualify foundries, for which I have thoughts but would be the subject of a separate discussion.

Provide 30% of the AD value of keys (whether the free daily one or purchased extra, it counts) to the author. Cap the daily income from this source to a reasonable value. Creativity is a wonderful reason to create content, but it is also nice to get paid (at least, in game).

These simple changes create an incentive for players to run Foundry content, which would help greatly with the current dearth of content. They also create incentive for authors. Simply having more people enjoy our work is a great incentive, but a meaningful (in game terms) income from high-quality content is even better.
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
Post edited by tripsofthrymr on

Comments

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Werd.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    What about bonus keys for VIP pack holders? Always good to give added incentives towards paid content without punishing players who choose not to participate in said paid content.
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    Perhaps if the dungeon keys from the VIP pack also worked in Foundry quests?
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    essenti said:

Perhaps if the dungeon keys from the VIP pack also worked in Foundry quests?

I like that idea. In fact, I think you could use the "dungeon key" as the foundry key, with epic vs. normal affecting your loot table (and epic probably requiring an appropriately level toon to use).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • velladius#6885 velladius Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    What I'm hearing is you want foundry to work better in a way that econ would get a jolt in the process.
    I've played foundries for dailies back when they were like that. Haven't played one yet since I have returned. So, I don't really know what you're talking about in the original post.
    However, I also enjoyed being a maker, but I was aggravated by the tools. It's my 2 cents that a module may be necessary to really impact the state of Foundry at this stage. Are you just asking for simple fixes or is this a topic which you hope will generate approval because I want to also say some players are mostly confused and just willing to spend their dollar. Economy and Foundry are both so dead right now. I posted a horrible topic including Bard as a class which would take care of the economy and foundry. Bigger idea I think than this one perhaps. Still, sounds good.
    11.jpg
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Just like they did a module for SH they could do a module for the foundry, which doesn't require a story development like the other modules.
    2e2qwj6.jpg