test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why why why, I'm so sick of it!!!!

igotit4freeigotit4free Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Why on earth do you have quests where only one person can get the objective when there is hundreds of thousands of players all trying to get the same objectives. I'm a cleric that is spec'd for heals so it takes me a week to kill anything and when I finally do or I'm in the middle of trying to kill something so I can complete the objective, some ******* walks up and takes the objective right from under me. This is a major PITA and I'm just sick of it to the point where I want to just quit the game.

Dwaven Vally for example you have quests like tip over caldron's (as I said it takes me a long time to kill the enemies) only to have someone simply walk up and tip it over while I'm trying to fight the enemies or Well of dragons with the Thayan gear you have to collect or Icewind Dale with the free the captives (and the list goes on). Please do something about this as it is just a joke to work so hard to complete daily quests when rouges can just go invisible and steal the objective right from under you or anyone for that matter can just walk up and take it in most cases while I'm fighting the enemies.

This has been happening to me for months and I've had enough...

[i]end of rant[/i]
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    If you do what I do...partner up with someone doing the quests, you both get the rewards.
  • Options
    Group with, sorry...partner up just sounded odd to me.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    blindmonkeyz: laugh all you want, I'm betting you are one of the ones that steal objectives from others.

Thejawlives: your missing the point man, it just shouldn't be like this. The community on xbox is just pathetic and everyone is only out for themselves. It can still (and does) happen even if you are in a group as they can just walk up and take it in most cases so that wont help at all.
  • Options
    blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Nope i dont, I do help people out with them. I party up when possible, or run with Guildies. Shout out and make new friends. Or just solo.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Options
    I get it...happens to me with the stupid wolf digging holes quest in WOD. Can't fix rude players although there may be studies that say you can.

Besides...I am a Lawful Neutral CW, bound to duty first!
  • Options
    tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User

blindmonkeyz: laugh all you want, I'm betting you are one of the ones that steal objectives from others.

Thejawlives: your missing the point man, it just shouldn't be like this. The community on xbox is just pathetic and everyone is only out for themselves. It can still (and does) happen even if you are in a group as they can just walk up and take it in most cases so that wont help at all.

I just want to point out that you're not generalizing us. I've played on PC and literally the same issue you're going through, many people have also gone through. Just wanted to point this out. There are jerks in any game on any system.
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

Survival of the fittest my friend.

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Speaking of jerks in game system, remember Tiamat...all I'm saying

:::drops the mic::::
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Dwarven Valley is notorious for this. But for Free the captives in Icewind Pass all you have to do is be standing near the captive when he's set free and you'll get the credit. Just a tip but I understand your frustration. Add me AMafia313. I'll run dailies with you if I'm on.
  • Options
    Me too... Dara Moonshadow, perhaps you heard of me

Of course not!
  • Options
    amafia313 said:

Dwarven Valley is notorious for this. .

I wouldn't know considering it's still locked for me from not being able to progress. >:(

• Options
    popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    shout out. Ill let people join me any time. makes it faster for all.
  • Options
    srw12345srw12345 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    yet another way they screwed up the game,am also a full heal dc with little dps and find it very hard to solo anywhere in the game now,well done for destroying what was once a great game,dc now become the worst class to play as you have yp always be teamed up to get through dailies
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Sorry, I may have caused some of that unhappiness to some player or two once.... In WoD my dog/wolf run away (it had a time limit) and I didn't know I can get another one and I thought it was a bug (and omg I wouldn't be able to complete that bone digging quest) so I had to chase others dogs to dig a few of they discovered spots... I promise they usually finished digging by that time and just abandoned those places.

Had that things with boiling pots in Dwarven Valley happening to me to (karma it is :smile: ). I'm not a DC but that map is pretty tough for me CW 1880 IL solo.

Oh, and in Icewind Pass I once managed to solo kill the mobs imprisoning the caravan traveler but somehow due to me dodging in and out of the cave during the fight that prisoner successfully escaped but since I was too far from him at that moment it didn't count towards my quest's objective...

I'm curious to know if that quest item behavior is by design, cause in many places the same object can be re-used.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @tellistorterra: Yes my bad I wasn't trying to say it only happens on xbox but as an xbox gamer for many years I find in most games I've played the community is pretty good towards others unlike this game in general so I do apologize for that.

@amafia313, thejawlives, popezen01: Thanks for the offer guys and the tips about the captives etc... I do have guild members to run with when they are on but as I said it still happens a lot even when you are in a group (rouges are the worst for this with their invis garbage).

I just don't understand the logic with this company in the way a lot of the game is setup and it would be so easy for them to code it so you can still get credit even after they take it (respawn them straight away instead of 10mins or so later) No one wants to run around endlessly waiting for objectives to respawn just to have it stolen yet again from under you or as stated above if you are standing next to it when they take it, it still gives you credit or have a dozen other ways I can think of which would make it a much better experience for everyone.
  • Options
    srw12345 said:

dc now become the worst class to play

I saw a DC fight 6 people in Icewind at once and wouldn't go down. I'm sure they feel different.
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    I stealth, roll in and steal peoples objectives all the time. Yes I'm a dink. At least I can admit it.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2015

srw12345 said:

dc now become the worst class to play

I saw a DC fight 6 people in Icewind at once and wouldn't go down. I'm sure they feel different.
    I respecced my DC to full DPS and it can handle most things as well as any DPS class now. The only reason to go full heal is dungeons and if I have to babysit a group I'd rather start a Pally...

* on the OP I do agree with that - it pissed me off in WoD too. Don't blame the players as much as the lack of thought from Cryptic. I honestly do not believe they play the game or they'd understand and fix this type of issue.

Some things are actionable with no wait whilst others have a long wait. If players have got to the area and it is cleared of enemies then they should all be able to individually action it - like chests in dungeons.

There is absolutely no point to making people wait so it must be pure thoughtlessness in the game design.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User

People People people.....its a group oriented game.....

Maybe, maybe not.
    If we don't talk about dungeons and skirmishes, it's clear that some objectives becomes easier when you're in a group. But it shouldn't become something you have to adapt to just because people are greedy *a bunch of foul words and something about their mothers.* That's not the answer. The answer is that the game should have a better solution for this - just like with boot and loot.

HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Easy answer to claim jumpers draw a ton of aggro and keep drawing it to the jerks they soon get tired of dying lots and get the message
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    ^^ LOL I do that. I am in IWD trying to do the Motherloade HE, al my fellow TR's come in go stealth and try to mine while I am fighting 30 ads. Needless to say, I bring them as close to that "motherloade" as possible. They don't want to help...I make them help.
  • Options
    I seen same thing last night during mother lode...a group of us tearing it up while 4 or 5 are picking away at the mine. I don't know how much they got, but I got a great success reward of 300 RBI.

It would seem MORE rewarding to be the best you can be during HE.
  • Options
    Well there were literally only 5 people in total trying to do the encounter. And I was the only one fighting. As strong as I am, I still can't handle all the ads in that HE. So I did draw the ads to the others, so that they would help. Granted they all just ran away, and the encounter failed, but whatever.
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Welcome to Neverwinter. It can be a cruel place
  • Options
    Neverwinter: Where the beaches are serene and warm between your toes...

Then a giant crab kills you!

The End
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    I *think* a lot of encounters and daily quests in IWD were designed to promote PvP interaction (read aggression).
    That, and also to boost Zen sales. :smile:
    Look at how Cloud Giants would just ignore people riding on Epic mounts, but would totally trash me on my Common horse.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    shivwoundshivwound Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, just got suspended for a day for telling said "claim jumper" to and I quote "get lost beotch"! I feel this is bs. Yes I said <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Oh well. Stop taking my resources or ask to join my party. I don't mind helping at all but don't just steal my stuff. And to top it off, I get suspended and nothing happens to the claim jumper. Shame shame ARC for letting this happen. Looking for a fix or looking for a new game!
  • Options
    Well, TECHNICALLY that is a rude thing to tell someone. I understand your side though completely and I have said the same thing. Guess you just got the one person who actually reported you.