test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gearing and playing a PVE focused toon for PVP

niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Library
Question for you PVP experts:

I have a 4K SS Renegade/Thaum, Tvorp, 73% Crit chance, 20% LS Mage. I want to be as effective as I can be doing limited PVP in SH and the occasional Domination / IWD. I have the SH PVP 125 ilv Executioner set. What stats should I buff (ARP?) and what defensive enchant should I use (Negation? / Elven?). Also, since I am not optimized for PVP from a build standpoint, what powers should I use to be as effective as I can be...Shield on tab? EF, DIS, Repel?

Thanks for all your constructive help.
Post edited by niadan on

Comments

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The most common, standard setup for a PvP DPS CW would be TAB/Shield, Disintegrate, EF, Repel.

It's considered 'standard' because its a very basic "balanced" setup that has good counter measures against most of the situations happening in PvP. Tab/Shield offers a considerable amount of resilience to damage, Disintegrate takes up its role as a strong damaging power, EF as a standard CC, and Repel for anti-melee defense.

From there, you switch out powers as you see necessary and befitting the situation.

There could also be different setups according to different builds. For example, I no longer use Arcane Shield because I don't see the point.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    niadan said:

Question for you PVP experts:

I have a 4K SS Renegade/Thaum, Tvorp, 73% Crit chance, 20% LS Mage. I want to be as effective as I can be doing limited PVP in SH and the occasional Domination / IWD. I have the SH PVP 125 ilv Executioner set. What stats should I buff (ARP?) and what defensive enchant should I use (Negation? / Elven?). Also, since I am not optimized for PVP from a build standpoint, what powers should I use to be as effective as I can be...Shield on tab? EF, DIS, Repel?

Thanks for all your constructive help.

whats your power? (mine 19k

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Thank you Kweassa. I picked up a T Negation and it seems pretty damn useful, even in PVE.

Any additional advise is most welcome, and by the way, I enjoy reading your PVP posts.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    You need a feytouched, vorpal is pretty..eh in PVP
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yep standard load-out is what Kweassa mentioned. For at-wills I use Ray of Frost (with the off-hand bonus) to lock them down. Storm Pillar is useful to quickly proc spell twisting on the move and sometimes hit stealthed TRs when fully charged.

Most CWs will try to take you out quickly. Sometimes it's the CW which gets off their repel/entangle/ray of frost/disintegrate rotation quicker that wins. Some CWs stack Recovery, which makes their rotations very fast, and usually come out the victor in a 1v1 CW battle I've found.

In SH PvP, since the map is larger sometimes you don't want your enemy flying about, so I use instead: Shield (Tab) and then Disintegrate, Icy Rays, Ray of Enfeeblement. Works best if you have backup, as you only really become a ranged DPS at this point.

Focused Wizardry feat is a must if you don't already have it.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR