test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

30k Hit points 1.5k IL at level 20

zehcnasbojmirzehcnasbojmir Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Now I know why the queue was taking awhile for the 20-29 bracket. This is beyond broke. Unless you are trying to scare away new players from ever PvPing, you should just close all the brackets until characters hit 60. I don't know who the bigger idiots are: the people putting rank 12s, transcendent weapon enchants and guild gear on sub lvl 60 alts, or the people who let this happen to begin with. Don't get me wrong, a little twinking is a reward of being a long time player. That's what weapons and equipment that level along as you do are all about and why they are a norm in many MMOs (see Dragon bone, Xvim, Mulhorand in this game) it makes leveling alts a little easier and faster. I have an Ancient Mulhorand Main hand and offhand, rank 4, 5 and 6 enchants, no weapon enchant in use up until now. My total item level is 500 something. Total hit points around 10k.

This guy, 1400 Item level and 30,000 hit points at level 20. The good news he was probably the worst Guardian Fighter I have met in game. I should have died in about 15 seconds and it took him over a minute to kill me. All while I was wondering why I only got him from around full health to a bit over half health. It wasn't until I inspected him after the fight was over and realized that with him having 30k hit points that means I did 12-13k damage even with his insane defense score.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Everyone who knows anything about PvP has been screaming about this since like 2 years ago.

...the devs don't listen. Maybe their bosses, or marketing, figures its a good way to coax people to just buy expensive stuff to do the same to compete... except in the long run, "twinking" just kills the entire low-level PvP content by driving everyone away. In the end, the only people who ever queue in lower level PvP will be the "twinks".

Then what happens?

Contrary to what people may think, or what the "twinks" claim, they don't enjoy PvP very much, because unlike slaughtering casual players, when it becomes a twink vs. twink matter, it all comes down to skill. And just like in any high-end lv70 PvP game, the "high-end PvP of the lower levels" becomes very hectic. The difference between the "highly geared but skill-less" and the "highly geared AND skills to match" become very evident.

So in the end, most of the "twinks" just don't queue at all. Apparently, they don't like being reminded how much they suck when all of their opponents are in the same gear/spec range as themselves.

Nobody queues any more. Around 2 years ago, it was very easy to queue to all levels of PvP. Yes, there were twinks even then, but not this numerous. A lot of the low-level matches were crazy fun since nobody had "full development" of their classes/characters.

Now, 10... 15... sometimes 20 minutes of wait... you get into a match... and then of course, twink-premade team on the other side. What else?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    I just started playing again after about an 8 month break. This guild/stronghold gear really threw me for a loop. Level 70 stat gear on a level 20 with no stat reduction? Mind blown that developers think this is ok. But after reading some other threads in PvP Discussion, I'm guessing this is par for the course, which is a shame. I love the action based game play system and do tons of PvP. But the Stamina and Action Point drain overload slot gems thread also boggles my mind, I have no interest in getting my 3 level 60 something characters to 70 now. Guess I'll just stick with the 60-69 PvP bracket and see what happens with level 70 PvP before bothering to get there.
  • Options
    No I wouldn't which is why low level PvP is important IMO. When I play my 60s rogue and GWF now I am seeing a lot more players in matches that are really bad at their class as opposed to 8 months ago and Im guessing its because no one is competing in low level PvP as they level up. And I see why no one is when there are level 20 players running around with the stats of a level 50 something player(hell Ive seen people in the 60s bracket with lower Item Level scores than that level 20 guy I posted a screenshot of).

I play and level alts because that's the best way to understand the dynamics of other classes and get better at PvP. I'm pretty good on a WK rogue and I'm decent as a GWF (Swordmaster atm but I was Iron Vanguard forever) and HR (Pathfinder trapper stance dance zoom in zoom out is hella fun!).

I definitely agree anyone doing end game PvP should have all or most of their Boons done, and at least get above average enchants if they cant afford BiS as it makes a night and day difference compared to no boons and running around with rank 6 enchants.

I guess I'm just frustrated that even after a year of playing the devs still don't have the sense to realize the power differential kills most people's desire to PvP, especially at lower levels. Queue grouping by item level or even better an auto equipment boost (that is strictly based upon what equipment is slotted, so if you zone in with greens and equip all epic/legendary/mythic after zoning in, the boost is removed) for those without BiS gear would make a world of difference. I know either can be done because I've seen it implemented well in other games.
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Well Man if u hav a 70 character and wanna LVL ur Alt u wont use the advantages at hand? I lvled a Wizard cause i wanted the Artifact ...and sure i equipped her the most i could... Now i want the GWF Sigil i will use guild stuff for sure and if PVP stills give xp sure i will do pvp and ... LVL 20 long less than a hour... So why complain about that ?
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    cesuke said:

Well Man if u hav a 70 character and wanna LVL ur Alt u wont use the advantages at hand? I lvled a Wizard cause i wanted the Artifact ...and sure i equipped her the most i could... Now i want the GWF Sigil i will use guild stuff for sure and if PVP stills give xp sure i will do pvp and ... LVL 20 long less than a hour... So why complain about that ?

In every modern fighting sport, there is weight division. The logic behind weight division is that ultimately, as an animal species the physical capabilities are limited through the fundamentals of biological construction. You don't have people whose bones are light as feathers while others are heavy as gold. In the end the variance in weight usually comes down to the ratio of muscle mass and fat. Therefore when you have two people within the same weight range and similar muscle and fat ratios, their base physical construction is also roughly similar. The heights are similar, the build is similar.

If someone wants to fight a noticeably shorter guy, then the big guy needs to go on an intensive management and roadwork to lose his weight to come down to the weight range of the little guy. This means despite his higher base physical potential, such as potentially stronger hitting power, reach of attacks, and resilience to damage, through his weight loss he will be suffering an underweight condition that doesn't fit his current height and build. Lower muscle mass, lower fat mass, lower stamina, higher fatigue, etc etc..

This is why there is weight division to ensure an "at least somewhat equal STARTING point" for both parties that seek to fight each other. Limit the weight range, and despite variances, ultimately the two fighters are considered roughly equal in physical performance.

When you bring in r12 enchants, Pe/Pu/Tr level of weap/armor enchants, SH gear and stuff into the low level PvP, that goes way over the boundaries of individual difference/minor variances that can be considered "advantageous for one side, but not impossible to overcome for the other". When you are at the lv10 bracket, one or two radiant enchants give you bonus HP that's bigger than default HP of players at that level.

The amount of "advantage" you get through that stuff, is roughly something comparable to bringing in the New York Yankees to play a serious ball game againt 8 year old Little League boys.

I don't call that "securing an advantage". I call that "pathetic."

People who do such things, aren't PvPers. I'd be offended to see someone claim that he does "PvP" when he does this despicable chit in game.

People who this stuff are NOT PvPers. They're griefers. There's a difference.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    @kweassa someone's maturity level matches his skill level. :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    neoxyphusneoxyphus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    They really need a lvl cap for enchants.

I started this game long ago but only messed around...Only until past 3-4 months did I really play and leveled my TR.

I basically skipped 20-29 and 30-39 pvp, twinking was horribad, I mean I'd die 15-20 times and 1-2 kills and nothing I was doing had any impact to winning if someone with transcendent enchants and rank 12s was around in opposing team, I can't even imagine the pain new players went through when the SH gear first hit without level restrictions.
    Post edited by neoxyphus on
    Casamir
    3K IL WK Sabo TR
    Trying to suck less @ pvp near you
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Never understood how some of the top pvp guild members have such disdain for PuG's yet they don't want a separate queue. Sounds like a slave race/fodder/bullying situation, they need to feel they are relevant by beating on and grieving/insulting casual gamers and loners. I call it out every time I see this HAMSTER, I probably shouldn't stoop but I HAMSTER hate ppl that ruin another's gaming experience in this manner...so I go off on them (feels good to fight evil :P)...and I usually get reported or ignored by the HAMSTER putas lol.

To the 9th layer of Hell with them!!!!! >:)

Bullies are always spineless, and very rarely are they skilled, though there are exceptions...

The same d-bags that twink low levels tend to be the same as the ones you describe, Kweassa, and are yet the same that abuse game-breaking overloads/exploits/yadda yadda WAI or not. Cryptic loves this HAMSTER, they make more from the equalization attempts and laugh all the way to the bank.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa