test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporary Level Adjust - What does it actually adjust?

Kind of curious about the zones that temporarily tweak your lvl up or down to match the quest level...

Somehow it still feels like I am either way over or way under the surroundings, so my low 60s character breezes through a 50 zone and gets stomped in a higher lvl zone. I do like the concept, but whatever is getting nerfed or buffed for the quest area does not seem to really get you at the desired level.

Disclaimer that I am basing this on a statistically ludicrous sample size of one player of "meh" skill level, so I won't take offense at someone suggesting it is just my imagination...

Comments

• Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    In most mmo games are some kind of lvl advantage. If a mob is like 10 lvl higher than you, then it would dodge, parry or simply ignore most of your attacks, while their higher stats allow them to bust you.
    I don't know if this game has this kind of mechanic, but if you run as a lvl 70 through a lvl 50 zone and 1 hit all the mobs it's because your stats are way higher than those lvl 50 mobs can take. They were designed for lvl 50 players with appropriate "lvl 50 stats"
    Your lvl might be decreased but your "lvl 70 stats" remain the same. But I guess your hp will be decreased to match for that area
  • Options
    bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I think it is more that it affects only your level and stats and not the affect your gear has.
    So, if you get bumped down from 60 to 30, you still have a huge stat bonus from your gear that a true 30 in level 30 gear would not have. The opposite holds if bumped from 60 to 70, stats may be good but you are now way under geared.
    That's what I think it is.
  • Options
    fastandfrivolousfastandfrivolous Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    bagoat said:

I think it is more that it affects only your level and stats and not the affect your gear has.

So, if you get bumped down from 60 to 30, you still have a huge stat bonus from your gear that a true 30 in level 30 gear would not have. The opposite holds if bumped from 60 to 70, stats may be good but you are now way under geared.

That's what I think it is.

That sounds pretty likely and definitely fits my experiences. Thanks!
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    I think it's just you. I've never really encountered any difficulty while scaling levels. Make sure you're slotting armor pen!!
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    fastandfrivolousfastandfrivolous Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Eh, not difficulty as such, just that the area "feels" different than when you hit it at native level. Right now my TR has about equal power and AP, with crit slightly beneath those two. Still not used to the new gear stats, so I don't know what is considered well geared (other than just inspecting random players as they go by...)
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    60% Arp. Then Power and Crit. My TR, without my sought after gear, is sitting at about: 15k power, 7k crit, 6kArp