test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod6/7/8 Indy's Team Slayer PvP GF Build

indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
edited February 2016 in The Guard Barracks
http://mmominds.com/2015/09/18/xb1-mod6-indys-team-slayer-pvp-gf-build/

This is my latest build for mod6. Feel free to question, comment, or criticize. Im open to anything that helps make the build better.
B) LGPG Leader B)
Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
Nde - XB1 - HR
GT: its indy time
PSN: itsindytime
Twitch: indygoinlive
The Kanye West of Neverwinter
Post edited by indylol on

Comments

• xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Very close to how I've been playing a long time, but I can see small differences due to what each of us puts more value on.
    Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Thnx roll, I'm still doing some testing on the most effective way to spend the remaining 10 points, currently trying out plate agility and 5 points in the WMS encounter damage. Also im working towards a higher AP regen to synergize with dc sigil, snail (someday) and steel defense. Its hard to finalize anything until 2x rp unfortunately.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    indylol said:

Thnx roll, I'm still doing some testing on the most effective way to spend the remaining 10 points, currently trying out plate agility and 5 points in the WMS encounter damage. Also im working towards a higher AP regen to synergize with dc sigil, snail (someday) and steel defense. Its hard to finalize anything until 2x rp unfortunately.

Now you are starting to get closer to my line of thinking (being a daily HAMSTER+steel defense), but it all really comes down to how you want to play. I've built my guy to be a "pulling guard" node clearer. I'm built to be in the middle of a mass 5v5 and not 1v1 dueling.

Weapons master strike is a very good feat. I was using it at first along with Plate agility on my original mod 6 build. WMS is a good feat if you plan on being a 1v1 dueler. I was using it for the 10% damage mitigation reduction on encounters. I've since moved on b/c I wasn't using it much as a debuff prior to my rotation in practice.

Plate Agility.. for me.. is a complete waste. I am a glass cannon and have less than 750 points in deflect. What's the difference between 5% deflect chance and 10%? Plus for me, its kill or be killed. I do not want my fights to last very long.

ASYLUM
    Ita good to see someones already a few steps ahead of me. Im not sure what my niche would be in 5v5 except slayer for hard targets (op/ aids DC), and to be quite honest i rarely enjoy 5v5 games because its often lopsided one way or the other. I do love the competitive games with goods teams on good rotations but one or two games like that a night makes chain Qing domination hard for me.

So WMS vs Crushing Surge is where im mainly stumped. To throw it all out there, the single target strength of CS is hard to ignore but when dealing with soulforges iv noticed i sometimes whiff the killing blow due to facing the wrong direction or autolocking another enemy. On the other hand WMS allows me to swipe huge arcs over a dead target with almost 0 chance of escape. I dont think the debuff component of WMS is really what makes it shine, since i use it as a super cleave of sorts. But you're right about the 10 points then because why invest in somthing that you aren't utilizing in your primary rotation. The cons of WMS as im sure you've noticed would be the clunky feel after the swing. CS's 3 attacks are quick and fluid with a high dps result. I will probably end up switching back and forth for a while before i decide on what feels better.

Either way i think you make a good point that my focus is 1vX and you're looking at team play in most situations. As for the deflect, im not sure what my actual % is right (been on vacation) but i was hoping to land around 20% without putting too much investment towards it, but we'll see how that effects life steal.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    indylol said:

So WMS vs Crushing Surge is where im mainly stumped. To throw it all out there, the single target strength of CS is hard to ignore but when dealing with soulforges iv noticed i sometimes whiff the killing blow due to facing the wrong direction or autolocking another enemy. On the other hand WMS allows me to swipe huge arcs over a dead target with almost 0 chance of escape. I dont think the debuff component of WMS is really what makes it shine, since i use it as a super cleave of sorts. But you're right about the 10 points then because why invest in somthing that you aren't utilizing in your primary rotation. The cons of WMS as im sure you've noticed would be the clunky feel after the swing. CS's 3 attacks are quick and fluid with a high dps result. I will probably end up switching back and forth for a while before i decide on what feels better.

I use both. I also use animation cancelling. I animation cancel on everything. The shield mechanic is very good for animation cancelling. Crushing Surge has always been my go to at-will. I do miss threatening rush from the IV side. It is OP. I like to WMS>Crushing Surge. I do not go through the entire attack animation of WMS. As soon as WMS hits, I crushing surge.

I do not use Shield Talent, tide of iron, or stamina/guard gain kits. That's probably as much info I am going to tell so I don't have a buddy of mine getting mad at me for helping out our competition. (not specifically you, just anyone who might read this.)
    ASYLUM
    i see what you mean by glass cannon, i as well have dropped shield talent in favor of combat superiority but to drop iron tide... that il have to do some thinking on. i guess it is a crutch of sorts for stamina preservation, but that seems like real shift in my playstyle to give it up. thanks for sharing though. and the animation canceling is a must with everything as always.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • walkercat42walkercat42 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hey Indy I really enjoy this build, I've been gf since day one, I've met you a few times in pvp but I'm with pug getting wrecked lol, I think this build works great in every aspect of the game, I solo tank every epic dungeon or skirmish with no cleric or pally, they help but I've done it alot without them easily, but I do really well in pvp also with only one piece of pvp gear positive 80% of time, was 14-2 this morning.
    Post edited by walkercat42 on
    @walkercat42

Im glad to hear you enjoy the build, and that you're having success in pve with it. Finish off that pvp set and you'll feel unkillable in alot of situations :)

Good Luck!
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    Yeah I have 2 regular negations waiting to make greater , not using them till I get burning chest though, its a blast Frey, tide, bull, anvil dead most of time
    @indylol I'd like to get with you one day and run some stuff and have some gf chat, I'm xWaLKeRcATx kravous nexus is my gf
    Updated for mod7/8.

I finally got around to adding info on rings, pve, mounts, artifact weapons, a few companions, and the boons. Enjoy.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • sara#4631 sara Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    What's good Indy. Thanks homie for the update.
    np sara. After mod 8 i was trying to find A niche in PvE without compromising the feats and now doing competitive dps plus teambuffing has gotten me 3 +5s so far.

http://m.imgur.com/5neURlk
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Hey Indy, is all of that extra damage coming from the steel blitz/commander's strike combo?
    @boromir#3940

I think the damage bonus you provide to others credits the damage delt from your teams encounter to you. But yes otherwise it is a combination of steel blitz and commanders strike.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR