test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So apperently HR's can just keep a stun going indefinitly now.

majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
but I am sure this is just on the top of the list to be fixed so quickly.

Comments

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Well to be honest, from what I read, the TR had some power like that and it took until MOD 6 for that to get worked out. So, look forward to MOD 7 I guess lol, maybe it will get fixed then.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Yes, you do get stunned but from what I can tell, per application, so chances are you're getting multiple perfectly timed applications till you're melted. If we goof our rotation, take your shot.

Watch out for us! ;)
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I literally watched my Impossible To Catch on cooldown, I could not move for a full 14 seconds before I could activate again. And god forbid clerics are now more impossible to kill then ever before.
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    um tr can still daze
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
    rouge and ranger need a nerf they run pvp two decent geared rangers can kill anyone
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    dreadkiss said:

rouge and ranger need a nerf they run pvp two decent geared rangers can kill anyone

Nah, equal geared Pally/GWF can take a HR/HR because both just ignore roots and dazes. Good Pallies and GWF are just much rarer than the average HR that just has to spam 3 encounters and a weapon change. Also, all pallies are new so none of them have the pvp gear, not enough days for the 27 seals yet, and most GWF are new since no one played them seriously in xbox mod 5, except for about 3 players.
    Node Troll
  • ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    yea well for the most part the balancing has been good except for the hr apparently you just gave them the ability to stun lock and took that away from the tr.... just do away with the stunlock mentality already its annoying. To have 1800+ tenacity and 80k hp and just watch an idiot sit there and hit you for 100-500 till ur widdled away is annoying especially when u have 60% cc resist.... I mean if they mess up once and I get a hit in and they lose 75% of their hp then it should be obvious there is a problem. oh wait ur going to tell me to be more specific like last time ok roots, melee stun, etc.... u cant even dodge them which mAkes it worse a 2800 gets wrecked by a 1500 item lvl makes perfect sense to me...
    other than that its cool with me I enjoy getting wrecked by someone granted I have a chance to actually hit them. permastealth at least cant one cap or do immense amts of dmg anymore which thAt I thank you for however address this issue solely and you got yourself a very fair game.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Completely - if there is ONE THING Cryptic should've learned by now is that perma-anything is bad.

From what I read elsewhere it's because they have a class feature that provides micro-stuns with every hit under certain conditions. Obviously this is now the go-to feature for pvp for HRs.

Simple fix - make it do something different in pvp.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Completely - if there is ONE THING Cryptic should've learned by now is that perma-anything is bad.

From what I read elsewhere it's because they have a class feature that provides micro-stuns with every hit under certain conditions. Obviously this is now the go-to feature for pvp for HRs.

Simple fix - make it do something different in pvp.

yeah, could just add an internal cooldown for that dazing some HAMSTER like "cannot proc more than once every 2 seconds) something like that.
    I am ok with HRs so far, but maybe it is my class mechanics let me be OK with that.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    majik518 said:

I literally watched my Impossible To Catch on cooldown, I could not move for a full 14 seconds before I could activate again. And god forbid clerics are now more impossible to kill then ever before.

lol Build up the recovery!! And yes, I watched 6 people attacking a cleric in Icewind for 5 minutes and they couldn't bring her down. O_o

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
    yea but what about the HAMSTER cw they get HAMSTER on
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • kronosopkronosop Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Tran Elven Enchantment is the answer to your problems.
  • nonameduunonameduu Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    WTB Diminishing Returns!
    December
    Scourge Warlock
    indeed after I got lvl 70 every fight against a ranger is a sweaty one haha! I am still farming my pvp gear and I am using ranks 7 at moment, but I will catch up. I was able to beat some lvl 70 geared rangers, but every 1 x 1 was a war. I literarlly felt like a statue until I could pop unstoppable.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    kronosop said:

Tran Elven Enchantment is the answer to your problems.

Nope - its bugged. The roots are going to hit you 32 times if you wear TEB. Watch out.
    Also, the root mechanism on HR is on PC since April, iirc.
  • snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Yeah, I tried a perfect elven battle enchantment. It most definitely did not help out against hunters like I had hoped. Hopefully they know this and are working on a fix. I'm ok with cc, it's important in pvp and pve, but being able to be dazelocked until death by 1 HR is a little absurd. Let's not even get into the meditation/deflect in pvp...
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    @dreadkiss Wasn't it a known fact that the CW would be a lot worse with MOD 6? Not trying to talk smack, I honestly thought everyone was aware of the CW nerfs.
    im saying its not fair to buff the strongest class in the game and nerf the weakest ....... perfect world needs to show the cw's some love
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I'm on standby on any cw comments until I get some more seat time, and others catch up gear wise. I'm not that high, 2.7k item level, but I don't want to comment until I see a more level playing field. I'm at the armor pen cap whereas I see many who are between 20-40%.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    The rooting duration does need a nerf.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    There was a decrease in duration but when I saw the stun ability... Wow. Not sure why we needed it. We can go stealth, shock a group, hit hard from range, and dart to the enemy with a strong hit then dart away. The class is awesome.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    dreadkiss said:

im saying its not fair to buff the strongest class in the game and nerf the weakest ....... perfect world needs to show the cw's some love

They are not the strongest, really I'd say everything is balanced now to give each class a fair shake once everyone is geared up, and running Avalanche.

What's your item level and set up?
    Artifacts in slot for PVP?

Stack your crit, life steal.
    Run Negation, trans if you can.
    Shield on tab, entangling force, repel and disintegrate.

Your secret weapon should be Ogmahs Token, if you don't have one, get one and run it as your main.

When you see you are going up against an HR, pop token as soon as you see they are going to throw roots on point.
    Then this rotation:
    Entangling force.
    Push.
    Ray of Frost, usually death by this point but if not then....
    Entangling force.
    Push.
    Disintegrate.
    Dead HR 100% of the time.

Now, some of the really geared and skilled HR's are going to smash you still even with that rotation, but you still have better odds if you follow that as a CW then trying to run in and get stunned.

The token will really help, and come as epic out of the box.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

ok so yea its a well known fact that ss doesnt crit cause if it did you would destroy all classes regardless but its not terrible having 80-100k hp and being able to shell out a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> amt of dmg and heals I understand cw getting nerfed I am one and its cool its at least possible to survive against one without permastun. which even then im ok being permastunned granted the guy has better gear than me or close to the same. But when gear plays zero part in being able to stunlock a player thats a problem having 3 legendaries and goin against someone with str8 blues and greens getting stunlocked im like uh? you would think they had the better gear
    yea I have used oghmas elven you are stating it like idk what it is but you can only do that once 90 secs now you kill that hr and then they come out of the spawn in 3 secs then ur dead to someone with 2-3x less item level
  • anagramofevilanagramofevil Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    opalsuns said:

Your secret weapon should be Ogmahs Token, if you don't have one, get one and run it as your main.

Your entire reply hinges on a single artifact from a retired lockbox, with a 1/2000 drop rate. Without that, a class without a stunbreak + CC immunity has zero ways to counter an HR. You will be infinitely stunlocked from the roots reapplying daze every second.

Seems legit.

Yeah, I tried a perfect elven battle enchantment. It most definitely did not help out against hunters like I had hoped. Hopefully they know this and are working on a fix. I'm ok with cc, it's important in pvp and pve, but being able to be dazelocked until death by 1 HR is a little absurd. Let's not even get into the meditation/deflect in pvp...

only help at trans
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2015

opalsuns said:

Your entire reply hinges on a single artifact from a retired lockbox, with a 1/2000 drop rate. Without that, a class without a stunbreak + CC immunity has zero ways to counter an HR. You will be infinitely stunlocked from the roots reapplying daze every second.

Seems legit.

My entire reply does not hinge on a single artifact, that's not what I said.
    It's one piece of a solid rotation, and only one option based off my own personal experience of using it.

As far getting it on a drop from a retired lockbox, well for one those lockboxes are still available in the AH and most likely will be for the foreseeable future as many people hoarded them, so there's no shortage of the boxes right now.

Another option is a direct purchase in the AH, and what the player is willing to spend to improve their arsenal. With the new sigils and PVP Artifacts though that are now available for free with some grinding there are other potential options, which I personally would love to hear about.

At the end of the day though, nothing is fool proof, but everything is beatable depending on the circumstances of build, chance, and randomness of each person and encounter in this mod vs last mod which was flawed due to the plaguefire TR glitch.

If you don't mind since you seem to have some knowledge on the matter of HR encounters, please share with us what's worked best for you.

Thanks, and we can't wait to hear your own personal strategy against HR's in Mod 6.

CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• caharan25caharan25 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    HR's need a nerf? We just got nerfed to the ground. Take your cry cry elsewhere or better yet stick to pve. Our roots do jack for damage now. We have the worst dodge. We are forced to give up an offensive encounter for a defensive one if we even hope to survive. (Those dazes don't perma daze like the TR i know that for a fact because i 1v1 other rangers regularly.) Then the half of the time the person isnt dazed i have 6 encounter timers to manage and if i screw up im dead against anyone decent 1v1. Try asking for nerfs to classes that are overpowed like gf. 150k+ anvils (not that im crying or trying to get them nerfed)... that 1 shots everyone it hits nearly.

You have the ability to solve your own problem by either spending a little cash or a bit of time grinding ad out but you obviously arent doing either because you came here crying instead. Buy a freaking token of free movement like every other person that pvp's regularly. If youre only there for the daily why go at all? The pve gears better for pve anyways. You also have the ability to do iwd daily with a group...

Im not saying it's not strong (it's the only thing keeping us alive because our damage was nerfed to the ground (also because of crybabies griping about roots who didnt have a token of free movement), but it's not overpowered unless there is 2 or more focusing you together. Those of us that pvp seriously try to avoid running a bunch of hr's because it's lame. Just like tr's last mod. You see that comp more with really bad premades that have to be cheap to win...
    Elle ~ HR ~ Q-SNIPE
  • dephicatedephicate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ur an idiot...