test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rewards for playing

cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
How am I supposed to be rewarded for playing when YOUR ARE GETTING DDOS'ed EVERYNIGHT? Possibly for your poor decision making!

Comments

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I don't think it's a good precedent to blame the devs for cyber attacks.
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    I'm not blaming them for getting attacked - however, they are responsible for dealing with and preventing attacks. If their load balancing strategy can't handle some random jackass in Romania, how is it going to ever handle something more serious?

If this was credit card numbers, are you going to give cryptic a free pass because it wasn't their fault?
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    There's a higher standard of protection for securing information than there is for ensuring that the server is accessible 24/7

I mean, if the DDoS went along for weeks at a time, yeah, obviously I'd start to grumble a bit more. But I'm willing to cut them some slack in the short run.
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Oh you thought you would be rewarded for playing? Newsflash- In addition to removing ad from leadership they actually REDUCED the amount of ad you are rewarded for playing.
  • Options
    ssinafeyssinafey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    jugger71 said:

Oh you thought you would be rewarded for playing? Newsflash- In addition to removing ad from leadership they actually REDUCED the amount of ad you are rewarded for playing.

Exactly...every person trolling that they are capping their 24k rad on 5 chars quicker than b4 are some lunatics...

Just an example, going with good team on SoT during skirmish hour , u could do say 1 run in 5 mins, if teams wasnt maxed out.

So simple math 60/5 = 12 = 12k rad from skirmishes alone, adding to that 12 items worth 3k each on salve = 48k rad in an hour...thats 2 days worth of refining...now try getting a team up now, when no1 really wants to play, yet alone form a skirmish farm groups.