test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR trapper skills

dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvP Discussion
Ok nice HRs are working as both archer(I know archer tree broken as hell) and melee close combat fighter type but they have the only best sides of both fighting types.Close combaters need some sort of stun/trap mechanism as a squishy class to survive against brutes like GWFs or GFs but they also have the skills for distance fighters like 100% aim,some sort of weird invisibility, also pull back or jump to enemy and this is where things get broken.One player shouldnt stun enemy from distance and come close and have the ability to burst down most tanks.Mod5 TRs had one disadvantage they had to get close to stun you and you might have a chance to hit them back but this is not the case for HRs so my suggestion that they should make the skill which apply roots are like their Seismic Shot with smaller aim window so people can at least have the advantage to dodge their root skills or have a chance to miss it while jumping around with their weird form.Now I know HRs will start to whine but this is my honest opinion

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Eh? Archer tree broken as hell? What on earth are you on about? Trapper has 2 major problems atm: (1) Crushing Roots and (2) Undodgeable roots. Their damage could be a distant (3) but that is more down to the fact that Archer and Combat damage sux balls for the most part.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    lirithiel said:

Eh? Archer tree broken as hell? What on earth are you on about? Trapper has 2 major problems atm: (1) Crushing Roots and (2) Undodgeable roots. Their damage could be a distant (3) but that is more down to the fact that Archer and Combat damage sux balls for the most part.

I dont know if it is broken or they are just whining but that is what I learned from reading on the forums or talking with HR guildmates.Most of them thinks Trapper with one or 2 feat from other paths is the only way to go.Maybe they choose wrong words to describe the situation.But this wasnt about HR builds.I just wanted to mention that they should rework those skills.Maybe they can put a chance to aplly roots.Even that would be nice.Like 50% chance of apply roots to enemies or percentage can be pulled up or down

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I'm just glad someone used skill in the same sentence as trapper.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    jonkoca said:

I'm just glad someone used skill in the same sentence as trapper.

Was it wrong?I am not native to english language.These skills are more dangerous with trapper build because I never noticed a stun more than 2-3 secs with my halfcooked HR but it seems some of HRs(trappers) can build it as a permastun. I can change the name if it was wrong or misleading anyway
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Don't call GFs Brutes!!!

YOU ARE HURTING MY FEELINGS!!! :(

Well my main is also GF but have you seen HussBro.What can you call a dude who hits other people on the head with that sword.

lirithiel said:

In this case its broken as USELESS, he is right, Archery tree sucks, Combat tree is OK, and Trapper skill is roflm imba piece of overpowered bad thing.

plz nerf!

Also change of the skill might solve this problem more than nerf the class since not all of them plays Trapper

• Options
    I was joking. I get pms every domination match I play calling me "no skillz exploiter hr" which deeply saddens and distresses me obviously.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    jonkoca said:

I was joking. I get pms every domination match I play calling me "no skillz exploiter hr" which deeply saddens and distresses me obviously.

Yeah it saddens you.Think about other classes.I dont mind being TRS toy since they cant hit as much as they used but you cant even run from HRs.They keep locking you.I felt like a cow goes in for butchering when one 2.5K HR keepS me stunned and bursting me with the help of 2K GWF in a minute
  • Options
    On the other hand, the other classes don't need a handy gwf in one of their belt slots in order to be effective.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    like GF can target lock you and smash you as well as CW or TR with freezing stun only reason notice HR when does same thing is takes forever to kill you. Lots of classes need fixed as well as HR but thanks to last nerf to AD Don't think class fixes are in near future for any one.
  • Options
    sanji1402sanji1402 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

lirithiel said:

In this case its broken as USELESS, he is right, Archery tree sucks, Combat tree is OK, and Trapper skill is roflm imba piece of overpowered bad thing.

plz nerf!
    what planet combat is ok? maybe for you crush them with 3 powers with your gf or gwf or rogues they are ok, any nerf the class that come from not following bufs going to kill her.

some people need just trying to level up one hunter and go pvp with him to understand the gravity of the situation the class sucks very hard at low level pvp, u need to be level 45 to start having some real benefit of the combat tree to maybe 3 or 4 talent useful her and all of them are advanced, the rest is just waste of points