test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why did they change the gender of healer companion?

stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
I started back playing after awhile. Have a new character, got the cleric companion gave it a girl's name cause they were females back long ago..... Heard it talk, and found out it's a dude. Face looks like a girl, just has a dude's haircut (generally speaking) so coulda fooled me. 7000 ad to change his name? :( There better green or blue healer companions I can save up for, for a reasonable AD price? If so, he's just gonna be a tranny and have a girls name.

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    It's an "Apprentice Healer" now - they removed the original cleric companion for some reason they didn't explain well (as usual)
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Instynctive's reply is best xD
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I always wondered this myself.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

I always wondered this myself.

Sturm nice to see you on the forums. Have not noticed you on since the patch went out :-)
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • lestylolestylo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    kvet said:

It's an "Apprentice Healer" now - they removed the original cleric companion for some reason they didn't explain well (as usual)

I never understood why they did that. I don't think the old one was too strong. Even then, where did she go? I'm confused as to where they sent her.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    stabbath said:

I started back playing after awhile. Have a new character, got the cleric companion gave it a girl's name cause they were females back long ago..... Heard it talk, and found out it's a dude. Face looks like a girl, just has a dude's haircut (generally speaking) so coulda fooled me. 7000 ad to change his name? :( There better green or blue healer companions I can save up for, for a reasonable AD price? If so, he's just gonna be a tranny and have a girls name.

You can always just delete him and get a new one for 5 gold, cheaper than the name change.

And to my understanding the companion were changed because the lady healer was very good, and used by almost everyone, the dude is more annoying and less healing so some moved to tanking companions.
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    stabbath said:

Ouch lol - always right click to preview companions :) however the Winterfest will soon be upon us where it is possible to earn a nice green healer the Fawn of Shiallia although I am told that if you persist with "Susans" training through green into blue etc then he/she becomes 1 of the best healers in the game.

..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

stabbath said:

You can always just delete him and get a new one for 5 gold, cheaper than the name change.

And to my understanding the companion were changed because the lady healer was very good, and used by almost everyone, the dude is more annoying and less healing so some moved to tanking companions.
    Yeh I did that. Thinking it was only 2 gold tho, not sure.

So far the new version seems better, but I have good runes in him handed down from a high level character.

stabbath said:

Ouch lol - always right click to preview companions :) however the Winterfest will soon be upon us where it is possible to earn a nice green healer the Fawn of Shiallia although I am told that if you persist with "Susans" training through green into blue etc then he/she becomes 1 of the best healers in the game.

I bought a con artist too. I was like, wtf gender is it so I can name it!? Then I noticed the preview button.
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    because caitlyn.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    "I have one word for you...."
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    The old cleric companion wasn't really that good - she had a 20% heal w/ a 30 second cooldown, and used a form of the level 20 DC at-will, which granted temporary HP on the 3rd hit. I can't say exactly why they replaced her w/ the apprentice, but they did introduce the con artist and shield maiden around the same time...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    I really like my original female healer, I've upgraded her to Purple too.

You don't see too many of them around, so it is a bit of a status symbol.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I'm glad it's a guy now. Really? healer girl? how cliché ;)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    The reason was simple - they introduced new companion with looks of original female healer. No one would spend real money if they can get it for few gold coins.
  • dwarf75dwarf75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I dont know the reason but i m sure it must be about forcing ppl buy zen
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    i love the old healer companion, i rate it as one of the best companions to be summoned! and yes i have one :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    Male version is a goober and dweeb. He gets on my nerves. Miss the old version. She was boring, which I prefer over annoying. She looked better tho.