test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A way to improve and re-animate PvP (step 1)

aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
Currently Domination is almost dead, and open Black Ice is emty and abandoned.
It's a sad situation both for player's and Dev's - and i'm sure we both want it to improve.
How to do this with minimum efforts and work on program code?
I think we could start gathering ideas, choose most elegants and make a community pressure on Cryptic - i play Neverwinter since 2013 and still it's one of the best MMO and dev's do make steps to improve it - sometimes with epic fails though -))
First I try to analyze Domination - the oldest PvP and try to understand why people stop playing it.
1. No stimulus in rewards. After GG 10v10 was implemented, there is almost to sense to play Domi from this point of view
(I consider average player, not BiS'es or premades)
2. Premade Domination, and PUG's extermination -nuff said, everybody suffers from it.
3. No rating, no famous champions and championships, nothing to feed the ambitions of a good player.
4. Exept 4000 AD per day PvP doesn't generate any income - grinding stupid mobs is far profitable then take part in battles, where u need every bit of skill and gear - where is logic?
So i hope u will agree that solving these problems even at some extent will reanimate overall PvP and especially Domination.
Let's take #2 problem. Overall opion is that problem is caused by poor matchmaking. But it's obvious that main problem is very few people in queue - so any matchmaking won't work. This summer, when was combat league introduced it worked fairly well.
So my main offer is to kill 2 hares with one shot - let's forbid joining parties at all during the Domination hour. If u want to run a premade - do it anytime exept this, if u want a fair solo-fight (with lots of people in queue making matchmaking better) - u can join Domination at it specific hours. Wolves are fed, sheeps are safe, aren't they?
Second offer is to make a Daily quest, which requires winning of all 4 types of PvP (Domi, GG, SH and BI)- and a Greater Mark of Potancy as Reward. Also this need to change a bit Black Ice Domination - making it predictable at special hour. So people can earn this things to upgrade they gear - and with no extra AD generation.
Rest ideas are more complex - but they tested and proved very good in popular MMO's with good PvP part.