test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

unable to get into Neverwinter

altarinaaltarina Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Patch today, so I went in after I knew it would be ready...can't even get into the character selection. What gives? What are you doing about it?
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I've moved this to the tech support.

More information is needed in order to help you with this problem. Can you please tell us what seems to be happening when you attempt to log on? Thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    destiny2fapdestiny2fap Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    sorta the same thing for me Neverwinter just makes my Display drivers go non-responding which makes Neverwinter crash as its loading the character screen and I have tried to Force Verify, Start in safe mode, uninstall/reinstall and updating graphic and display drivers nothing works. Got any ideas?
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    load the game in safe mode... i had this problem on my wide screen display...
    It seems like the game does not remember your proper display settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Also, my husband's computer did this when he first updated today. I put -d3d9 back in the command line, restarted the launcher, and it loaded again with no problems.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ifellsafeifellsafe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I enetered "-d3d9" into the command line at teh bottom of the options menu in the launcher and the game came up after about 5 minutes.
  • Options
    destiny2fapdestiny2fap Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks it still made my display drivers go non-responding but it didn't make the game crash this time
  • Options
    chickiepiepuchickiepiepu Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Thanks it still made my display drivers go non-responding but it didn't make the game crash this time

this is exactly what happened to me. Any other options?

• Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Check your gameprefs.pref file.
    If you selected directX 9, you should have the following line

PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    bullseyeben#1376 bullseyeben Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    how do i get into the options? my game just withs there with a blank screen saying not responding. What do I do? How do i get to thegameprefs.prefs file? Where and What command line?
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    the gamepref is a file in your game folder.
    If launch the game through ARC, search the whole main drive for "Neverwinter.exe"
    That is your game folder.
    If you have a link to the executable in your desktop, just search for the link location.

I wrote additional instructions here
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1204223/neverwinter-wont-play-since-maintnance#latest

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits