test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the way to earn AD that is actually working at this moment?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I have not played the game yet.
However, based on posts I read, It seems the new AD earning methods are not working.

For example, someone said you need to have dungeon key to open the chest to get AD. Well, you have only 1 free dungeon key per day (unless you are VIP). Does PVP give AD? Yes, it said it should but does it? Do you need to win?

So, which method has been confirmed to be working?
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    Buy Zen, and convert to AD and invocation. Those are the only 2 working methods.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    That would certainly explain the rapid decline in zen prices.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

That would certainly explain the rapid decline in zen prices.

Zen prices always fall (or at least the backlog diminishes) during double RP, as people sell Zen to buy GMOP's with AD. With this change, though, the price will not recover.

That in itself is a good thing.

Stomping on the legitimate players that invested in leadership in the name of "stomping out bots", though, is a bad thing. A very bad thing.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
    Eh. The game shouldn't encourage players to have 20 characters if they want to have cash to boost one character. I agree with removing AD from leadership conceptually. The problem is in the fixed prices of AD shop items, and the lack of consideration that actually went into changing the leadership tasks. The lack of ways to get AD.

But, I can totally agree with the idea of "yeah, we probably shouldn't set things up so it's optimal to have 20 characters even if you only play the one."
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    So, if I get it right, you can't even earn AD for playing the game at the moment until the next patch. I wonder if those AD sellers in Zex are those who left the game and forgot about their AD listing months ago. Why would anyone want to buy Zen these days? It is a recession and everybody would keep the AD in pocket.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Hence why the AD price of zen has dropped 50 points.
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Take your Credit card out ! As it's pretty much the only way to get a decent amount of AD :no_mouth:
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

Take your Credit card out ! As it's pretty much the only way to get a decent amount of AD :no_mouth:

Not a chance. I'm sitting on my AD and my wallet is welded shut.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    hustin1 said:

Not a chance. I'm sitting on my AD and my wallet is welded shut.
    THIS.

This is why it's gonna take a long time for the economy to "balance" after this change.
    Call me "AD-Hoarder". Aint spending any of it unless I really, really, feel the need or want. And yeah: done with cash-for-Zen bit. Did it, done it, look what we get from it: constant deterioration of the game.

It just feels like a bad investment at this point. And that fastest way to go broke is to keep investing into a bad investment. Neverwinter is beginning to feel like Penny-Stocks now. And we all know what happened there.
    If the goal is for prices to go down, then people hoarding the AD they have will cause prices to go down faster. It thus takes LESS time for "balance" to occur. But it's basically a reverse bubble. Once the price has dropped a great deal, people who are holding onto AD will pounce, which will restore prices again, at least temporarily. Expect a lot of volatility in the markets for a while.
  • wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    Here's a few ideas off the top of my head, none of which run into the 24k RAD cap or require a credit card:

You can still farm Loyal Avenger gear & Lightfoots from the gateway's dice game.

Craft unified elements and elemental aggregate with Alchemy.

Craft the component rings for the 2 slot lvl 25 rare task jewelcrafting rings or the lvl 25 underwear pieces (these take some purple crafting items tho).

Flip items in AH as prices fluctuate throughout any given week as the weekend warriors log on and off, lots of people liquefying assets into AD right now.

Start an even larger bot army just to farm AD from invoking (ok that one's a joke).
    A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User

If the goal is for prices to go down, then people hoarding the AD they have will cause prices to go down faster. It thus takes LESS time for "balance" to occur. But it's basically a reverse bubble. Once the price has dropped a great deal, people who are holding onto AD will pounce, which will restore prices again, at least temporarily. Expect a lot of volatility in the markets for a while.

People hoard the AD. People also hoard the high value item unless they really need AD.
    The AH will have items but low transaction.
    This will continue until someone can start to produce some AD.
    It is like real world. Until you have a job, you don't want to buy much.
    We are all unemployed in NWO at the moment. We also don't want to sell our houses unless we really really have to. :)
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User

Eh. The game shouldn't encourage players to have 20 characters if they want to have cash to boost one character. I agree with removing AD from leadership conceptually. The problem is in the fixed prices of AD shop items, and the lack of consideration that actually went into changing the leadership tasks. The lack of ways to get AD.

But, I can totally agree with the idea of "yeah, we probably shouldn't set things up so it's optimal to have 20 characters even if you only play the one."

now it promotes having multiple chars just as much but instead of doing leadership there botting tos on hundreds of toons and dread legion
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
    it difficult to make money just "flipping" items on the AH, due to the 10% transaction cost.

Also, I think the "earn AD" question is about earning RADs. Because you're not "earning AD" by selling things on the AH so much as you are exchanging one form of asset for another.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Fixed prices like GMOPS won't necessarily come down. Cryptic is pretty good at dragging their feet when they want to, And this is just the sort of thing they would be exceptionally draggy about.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    gate was nerfed 30 of the highest dungeon today nothing better than seals an got 1750 ad 3 times no loyal pieces or anything of value lots of copper and very little xp a few rank 4s as well I think 3 rank 4s lots of lower level potions as rewards
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Here's a few ideas off the top of my head, none of which run into the 24k RAD cap or require a credit card:

You can still farm Loyal Avenger gear & Lightfoots from the gateway's dice game.

Craft unified elements and elemental aggregate with Alchemy.

Craft the component rings for the 2 slot lvl 25 rare task jewelcrafting rings or the lvl 25 underwear pieces (these take some purple crafting items tho).

Flip items in AH as prices fluctuate throughout any given week as the weekend warriors log on and off, lots of people liquefying assets into AD right now.

Start an even larger bot army just to farm AD from invoking (ok that one's a joke).

...who will buy anything at all right now? Especially for the prices sellers got accustomed to - and served up to now, as, hey, you just had to plod on and wait a few days and the AD were there again?

E.g. Valindra's Crown Shard's price has dropped from 850k (green rarity) to 450k (blue rarity) over the last weekend.

So, farm all the Avenger rings, craft all the rings and undies you want. In the case of the rings, expect half the profit, in case of the underwear you might incur a net loss if you bought components already. Prices will rebalance, and it'll take time. A week or three at least, if not months...
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    jhpnw said:

gate was nerfed 30 of the highest dungeon today nothing better than seals an got 1750 ad 3 times no loyal pieces or anything of value lots of copper and very little xp a few rank 4s as well I think 3 rank 4s lots of lower level potions as rewards

Sword Coast Adventures wasn't nerfed; there is just a range of rewards and you weren't lucky. I got 2 loyal items in one run, so maybe it was buffed! (/sarcasm)

Actually, 1750 AD is on the high end, since I get 1250 AD most often.

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

People hoard the AD. People also hoard the high value item unless they really need AD.
    We are all unemployed in NWO at the moment. We also don't want to sell our houses unless we really really have to. :)

GIVE THAT MAN A COOKIE

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I don't know about anyone else... but I made over my maximum rAD that I could refine.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

I don't know about anyone else... but I made over my maximum rAD that I could refine.​​

Estimated time?

• dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    Well the most economically correct option at the moment would be:

Get a job (even not paid well one, just handing fliers would do) Buy with earnings Zen, Exchange for AD.

If prices won't change you have good chance to master you characters equip 4-6 times faster that way than playing the game :D
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2015

This is best comparing I saw so far! Definitely cookie deserving.

We might say that all the production facilities/companies good or bad just stopped existing and... back to square one we're once more a beggars with no employment.

Of course some might have outside source of income (irl money spend) and keep doing well.
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk

Except for fixed costs like boons and GMOPS. Those are what I'm looking at. They also give us less AD per day. I used to be able to get 8000 from PVP alone. And now they've taken away Seals of Triumph--required for PVP armor.
    edited September 2015
    d21e4 said:

Of course some might have outside source of income (irl money spend) and keep doing well.

The value of AD for RL$ has plummeted. I am not opening my wallet on principle--and on value!