test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DPS please read, consider, and pass along

rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
I have noticed a severe lack throughout all my dungeons on ppl choosing azure enchants or radiant (crit-power respectively) over Darks for Armor pen.

You need to strive for 60% RI, this will ensure your damage and debuffs to bosses are working at 100%

So here is a few math facts to encourage ppl to reallocate stats.

Lets say you are dealing an attack that deals 1000 dmg

@ 0%RI you deal 400 dmg

@ 20%RI you deal 600dmg

@ 40%RI you deal 800dmg

@ 60%RI or higher you deal 1000dmg

Now average dmg % imcrease per 100-125 ArmP is 2.5! . Other stats go 400pts for 1% effect.

So lets take
400ArmPen (10% dmg bonus)
400Crit (1% crit)
So 1% crit (lets say 100% severity too) avg dmg bonus seen is an increase is 1% (100pt dmgbonus @ 1% chance)

So when gemming you characters compare 10% dmg boost from 400 ArP vs 1%Dmg boost from 400crit.

Since i brought up debuffs as well, basicaly if you pop a debuff on an enemy and your Resistance Ignored is not equal to or greater than thier DR, they Ignore the % of your debuff.

So on bosses say you have 40% RI, thier DR is 60 so that means they stil resist 20% dmg and debuffs.

Ok now you pop 30% dmg debuff to them. So its 80% effective. (80% of 30 is 26%)

Thats well worth knowing too, but the raw dmg gain from RI is much more important as everyone is running T1s, T2s the RI well be drastically more needed

With that being said, lets get back to melting everything in sight!

DISCLAIMER: this is for ppl seeking to deal more dmg and gain understanding of dmg mechanics. Not a debate on if crits proc roots, and you wanna gain more Crowd Control, ArP is pointless. Nope not here.

TL;DR Armor pen is 10 times more potent than crit or power, until you cap it off at 60% Resistance Ignored

Any questions or debates feel free to bring them up.

EDITED: Character sheets now accurately display Resistance Ignored!

-Source- basically i took time to understand, translate, and point out key mechanics

http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/382-kaelac’s-guide-to-damage-tenacity-reisistance-and-debuffs-in-neverwinter/
Post edited by rockstargfu on

Comments

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    i'm still stacked for power from mod 5 because i have not felt like spending the AD yet on darks, and waiting for double RP to make my own. but i get what you are saying :)
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    gonna pretend i understood this lol
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    @Tellisrortelle

Basicaly, Armor pen is 10x better than crit and power until you hit 60%RI

@Tellisrortelle

Basicaly, Armor pen is 10x better than crit and power until you hit 60%RI

that's the gist that i got
  • jadeddarkeangeljadeddarkeangel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Can you post caps for these stats please?
    edited September 2015
    @jadeddarkeangel

"Caps" so to speak for armor pen itself vary, from player to player. Here is where to look for your Resistance Ignored. And you want 60%

-Ability Scores (str,con,wis,etc)
    -Armor Penetration stat
    -1 boon if unlocked gives 3%

Example for ability scores
    --Hunters get 1% per Strength stat over 10
  • mollonatmollonat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Does that mean a cleric, who wants to debuff enemies need ArP to work properly?
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    mollonat said:

Does that mean a cleric, who wants to debuff enemies need ArP to work properly?

No...heals and debuffs do not require ArP; only damage (sanity check plz so I don't distribute bad info!!).

That being said, the build I'm working on will have minimum 40% ArP (then build up from there) so that soloing and dealing with trash doesn't make me quit the game. lol

As an example Mimori's mod 6 build has three digit ArP, which is not necessary if you are playing with a good (not necessarily great) group of players. I've been running with 25% ArP (2,500k) and have had no issues healing so far (Kessels/malabog/epic shores/etc), with lots of room for growth via gear.

Just remember, you can't heal stupidity....they'll generally die if they don't know how to stay out of red or manage aggro properly

Edit: grammar check
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    My head hurts from reading that.

But yeah. I am just leveling characters so i am not gonna invest til i am ready to do endgame and build my CW.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Screw T1 and T2 dungeons.

How much ArPen does one need to completely penetrate another player's defense if that player has a base damage resistance of 50%, a perfect negation (+30% DR), and ~2000 tenacity?

I've got my ballpark figure in my head, but would like to compare to someone's else.
    Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM
  • ath3naautath3naaut Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    please delete, wrong thread
  • ketthooverketthoover Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    @xrollxtidex I thought the max DR was capped at 80% total for players, so you would need arpen equal to that and not knowing the curve exactly I would guess you'd need to stack about 9k+ if you have no other sources of arpen %.
    ath3naaut said:

please delete, wrong thread

???
    To those talking about ArP for pvp i have no clue, and cant offer you guys much info on that half of the game
    @mollonat

Gonna leave out math to keep it simple lol

Basicaly mod 5 Kalaec mitigation guide (math brick wall) explains how damage and debuffs get calculated. He calls it debuff magnitude (how potent your buff is) and enemies DR negates some of the effects, based on how much DR you couldnt "ignore"

I doubt they have altered the simple act of how damage and such are calculated without announcement, or anyone noting things have changed on his guide
  • armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I would add that getting your RI up to 60% is secondary to getting your HP 60k+... got to be alive to do damage.

I had my RI up to 55% with my DT Armor I used all the way up to level 70 got to Shad and ran to the WoD for some EE Armor...lol

RI is 48% now working on getting it up but I am able to do the most Quests( solo ) now without dying.
    Also dunno why a previous poster said it, but heals and any ally buffs work fully, your teams DR has no impact on this topic
    @armwald

Yes the health pool is another important topic, i just did not want to dilute my main point
  • jody095jody095 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    What bosses need 60% RI to do 100% damage? All T1/T2 bosses?
    @jody095

Yes all epic dungeon bosses, trash takes around 40%. But trash is easy part, need max DPS on bosses, like burning valindra down before last coffins hatch.
  • cloggedterror24cloggedterror24 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This will help many players, good post.
    Will pass on btw.
    @cloggedterror24

Ty bud, hoping to see things melt again lol. Think ppl listening, Darks were cheapest in ranks, now they have gone up quite a bit since post started
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    People play for fun... not for maths tests. You play your way, let other people play their way.
    @equinox976

This is for ppl who want understand and be good at end game, if ppl seek to do otherwise, yes thats thier choice
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I've tried that change yesterday (I'm playing a very mediocre CW so far), got the cheapest x5 dark +7 into offense slots and radiant (for HP) into defense. Surprise, now I can solo kill a lot more mobs in Icespire Pass and Dread Ring.

I've even killed the Death Forge boss with only 3 health stones used from the gift pack.

This is awesome, just a few days away from getting my epic Black Ice gear. :smile:
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    Glad to hear it random!
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    I'll make it simple, aim for around 6K and you'll be just fine.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • bigbearxbabigbearxba Member Posts: 2 Arc User

People play for fun... not for maths tests. You play your way, let other people play their way.

If that is your attitude you should probably not be playing a game where other players depend on you pulling your weight.
  • cloggedterror24cloggedterror24 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    @rockstargfu yeah I've seen them going up that's why I sold them lol thanks for the AD :D
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 29 Arc User

If that is your attitude you should probably not be playing a game where other players depend on you pulling your weight.
    You know what... you are right.

When I come home from work tonight I am going to put others first for a change. Relaxation and fun?, no sir not for me!

I am going to pop out my calculator and spreadsheet to make sure I am up to scratch and not a hindrance to others.

Thank you sir, for pointing out my selfishness. Please excuse me now, my self flagellation calls.