test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changing primary email address

oglindoglind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
My computer was hacked, (luckily only had to change the hard drives) and part of what happened was my primary email account has been deleted, (i can no longer send it email, so I assume it's no longer active). I have tried uselessly to contact yahoo regarding reinstatement of the address, but they are rediculously absent when it comes to customer care.
Ok, so my hope of reinstating that address is slim. So now I go to sites and places where my email is known, and ask that they change the one on file, to a new one I have created. This brings me to Arc/Neverwinter. I log onto Arc, and attempt to change the email address associated with this account, I get a message that I need to go to customer care page, and provides a link. Except said link is to an error page that customer care doesn't exist.
So I go to Arc homepage, then to support, account support, I choose account support, and select the option that to help me change email addresses. When I do, I get to a page that tells me to log onto the account in question, and then fill out a form with a detailed description of the problem I'm having.
This is where my problem at large exists. I cannot logon to my Arc account to fill out the form. Every time I do, (due to new hard drives, and reformatted os) I am asked to verify my account using the email that has been deleted. How the HAMSTER am I going to verify the existence of a deleted email account when it's deleted, and I no longer have access? That's at the heart of my problem here, and I'd very much like to solve it sooner than later if possible.
I've found that I also can no longer log into Neverwinter, (also due to the new hard drives) as I am again asked to verify, (via email of record) that I am who I say I am. I have two years worth of characters and upgrades on that/this account, and I seriously don't want to lost all that work due to some inability to change the email address of record for this account.
I realize this is not a game issue HAMSTER, but Arc, (if I'm honest, I don't believe anyone actually works at Arc, they just have a timer press a button to clean the cookies once a month) is not helpful. I cannot use Arcs system as it's broken.
So I find myself left with one last plea to get my email changed, and it is here on the forums. Perhaps someone in authority position will see this and be able to help me get things corrected soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this all the way through.

Oglind
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." — George Carlin

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." — George Carlin
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Please fill out this form to recover your account. Please be prepared to supply a lot of evidence that you are the owner of the account.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    seekertoastseekertoast Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    that link does not work for me is there secret I should know?