test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

XboxOne question about Artifacts

stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvE Discussion
If you have not already dismissed the post as not worthy (XBox), I have some questions about artifact weapons and how to best possibly deal with mine (or the lack there of on my second toon).

My second character, a TempLock, is all geared up to just under 15k with the exception of crafted rings, cloak (were I to decide to get one; unsure) and my main and off-hand. I have more than enough Linu Favors (34) to get them but I wonder if it would be best to wait.

To get the toon up quickly, I equipped the CN main and off . They have served me well to get my Draconic Templar gear and, as evidence by the Favors, many runs through Tiamat. My questions are:

-Will I find weapons that are good enough on the journey from 60-70 when you get better artifact weapons (or so I have heard)

...or...

no, it would best to get the ones available now and level them up on your way to 70. I realize that they can be digested but at a reduced amount (like anything and I would likely do this during double RP).

-If I did wait to get the new ones, how long after you reach 70 are you able to get \ make the weapons? I am thinking that, like TofD, the campaign(s) will be paced \ gated and make getting them immediately impossible.

-I have read some about the 'Greater' Cloaks and would also ask if the crafted neck would just be better here with the same logic applied from any 'keep what you got' answers you would offer from the questions above.

Bonus question and off topic. I did not know about how LS was getting hosed prior to leveling a SW. Can any SW detail how it has impacted them and if the class is just considered usesless until the SW is looked at again from the devs?

Thanks guys (master PC race),

St.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    This post assumes XBox and PC get the same content, just at different times.

MH/OH: You get the Main Hand one of 2 ways: You can do the campaign task for the chest and it will produce a level 60 and level 70 option to pick from. They can only be equipped at level 70 (on PC there was a bug allowing earlier access that I assume will be resolved on Xbox). The other way is to play through all of Spineward Rise Vigilant questline. Once completed, you get an MH for free (there is only one to pick from, and you can change the powers on it).

For the Offhand, get to level 70 and go see Lord Neverember. He gives you one for free. This basically erases all item diversity, and basically everyone has an artifact MH/OF at 70.

The artifact belt and cloaks are probably going to be better than anything that drops, at least once they are raised to purple.

The crafted gear will help get you to 70, but you'll probably find drops that will suffice till you get there and in most cases, will be better. HP is jacked through the roof, and the gear that you get via quests and drops is going to be better than anything pretty much pre-Mod6.

Suggestion - don't waste money crafting anything. You'll be fine going from 60-70 in current gear, and then you'll start T1's and start getting 1 of the 2 setlines available (yes, they reduced the armor variety also).

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I'm curious (hopefully delusional?) about wether Blue lvl 60 gear will be usable to refine the lvl 70 artifact belts/neck/weapons?
    I guess not, but since I've piled up my bankslots with blue lvl 60 stuff, and if they won't work in the new aritfacts, I'll chuck them into the old during 2x refine, and then feed the old into the new...
    The free bankslots during Protectors Jubilee was a godsend, only thing is that now I'll never delete any of those characters...
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    no you cant use lvl 60 gear to refine lvl 70 artifacts.
  • Options
    @oldbaldyone

Thanks a ton man. I'm all ears if you have any other tips \ points.
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    stpensive said:

Bonus question and off topic. I did not know about how LS was getting hosed prior to leveling a SW. Can any SW detail how it has impacted them and if the class is just considered usesless until the SW is looked at again from the devs?

I still play a Templock as my Main character. Going into Mod 6, I was a level 60, 21K GS Templock with almost al the boons (missing one PvP and the 7th ToD boons). I blazed through the run up to 70 and had saved enough glory and seals and coins to outright buy a Burning set. I refined my legendary level 60 weapon into the level 70 weapon .. and the same with my legendary belt. My enchants were rank 9's mostly at the time. My first run through Valindra's Tower in Mod 6 was ... humbling. A total failure despite an experienced party and what we thought was reasonable gear. Even areas of the game I thought trivial at 60 were now rough at 70 (Icewind Dale in particular) ... they have changed the difficulty a bit here, so hopefully this will be easier for you.. At 70, the SW ranks pretty much dead last in PvP as well.

In Mod 6, a Templock is not really capable of being the healer for a dungeon group. Even now, in Mod 7, with my lifesteal approaching 30% including my perfect lifedrinker Enchant, I am not really a replacement for a cleric. I have reasonable DPS at my current 3K Item Level and I make a good buffer for the party. I can and sometimes do take the place of a healer for VT and eLoL ... but I can't really put out enough healing to deal with the kind of damage the tier 2's dish out.

Mod 7 being as much about Heroic encounters as Dungeons, I find I am quite useful as a group buffer, as DPS (though nowhere near the DPS of a GWF) and of secondary usefulness as a healer. Templock healing is nice here as you are often spread over a wide area and targeting can be tricky.

Over all ... expect a rough ride. In mod 4 and 5 the PC game was full of warlocks and many were templocks. Mod 6 and 7? I cannot recall the last time I was in a party with another templock.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @kiraskytowe Thank you, that was very helpful.

My main is indeed a 17.5k Cleric. The problem was, as the rest of the gang properly fit themselves (Def, LS and Regen), I was basically a cheerleader; 'You can do it guys, keep it up!' with the occasional blast from my Greater Plaguefire to warrant my end dice roll. If you went Faithful, you just were not as useful. Its why I rolled the TempLock, I could help kill and maintenance heal was loving it to be honest.

If they wanted to make the classes (the Cleric and now Paladin) more relevant, then the LS \ Regen changes make a bit of sense. Withe the TempLock, however, it's just an all too familiar feeling to have a character you spent considerable time and AD on relegated to the bench with rank 9 Pom Poms yelling 'GO TEAM!'