test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIP bug - No cooldown on skills

tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
Me and a couple of friends tested the VIP cooldowns yesterday, seems like there is this really weird bug going on. Unless it's intended (?).
If someone has a VIP rank 5 and above, they get "perma altar" which means they can Invoke anywhere they want. Noone of us knows if this 0 CD was there before or only in this Module, but if we put Altar down, our cooldown is 0. We can swap our skills (encounters,dailies, everything) without waiting for it to load up, just no CD at all.
Which means that VIP r5 and above can swap their skills as they please ,which gives them a really, really big advantage especially on PvP, where people with VIP 4 and below, we always have cooldown on skills :|

Is it intended really? It would be so weird if you guys made it this way......
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    If the skill is already on cooldown you cannot change it. However, perma altar gives you the 0 cooldown effect when switching just like you would get at an altar. What's the problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Problem is that its a huge advantage on PvP. You cant use altar in combat right? So people without VIP (or VIP below 5) still have cooldowns like 6-10 seconds on each skill, where people with VIP 5 and above can switch their skills all the time as they wish without cooldowns (skills that are NOT on cd,like u said).

So in PvP its not fair, especially if people use binds/macros, and many of them do!
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the report. It is was not intended, though we may fix it to only prevent power swapping while in combat/pvp as it is otherwise sort of an upside.