test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GG fun and the OP...

drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
I came to the forum half-expecting a post about how over-powered TRs are in PvP... authored by one upset and over-confident OP.

This is a post to share with people that not all Pallies are created equal. Just because a player has a bubble defense, some glowing thingamajig or self healing capabilities... does not mean they are all invulnerable. Yes, there are some rather impervious and impenetrable OP... but that is not always the case.

It was a good fight and it was one on one from the start to the end... someone had to lose, and it wasn't the TR this time. TR vs OP; 'good' vs 'evil'.

This was not a CoS spamming, SE dropping fight... it actually lasted a good 30 to 45 seconds. One mistake by me and I would have been dead.

Class and gear are all well and good, but unless you can play your class well... and learn the 'ins and outs' of the class... what good is any of it?

One small step for TR-kind...​​
ez0sf4K.png
Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
SYNERGY Alliance

Comments

• Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Btw what i dont understand is why i hit 0s with full Darks 12
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    cesuke said:

Btw what i dont understand is why i hit 0s with full Darks 12

Damage absorption by certain shield-type powers and personal shields. Absorbs a flat amount of damage from all hits within the duration it is active. Damage below the shield value returns as 0. It's fkn annoying.
  • Options
    Tht may be a bigger issue. There were points during the fight when I was getting 0's... but I had committed to killing him r dying. My LB, Smoke and Stealth all popped at the same time just before he died and after he hit something that gave him a HP boost to 1/3. The result was him dying... because I saved my Raven skull for the moment that we re-engaged.

What is it that Dom Toretto said in the first Fast and Furious?.

You hit your nitrous too early.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I did beat an OP or two in my play (and got promptly cursed out and insulted with such base words that they should have become ex-paladins until atonement), but generally if I persist for long against them I will fall to avalanche. I find the balance all hard to judge because avalanche is generally the top damage generator in PvP often allowing defenders to outdamage and kill strikers without even lifting a finger.

I suspect the problem with OP is real enough if you find yourself pleased and feeling the need to post that you actually managed to defeat one of them.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I have been crushed by Avalanche... when I seem to be doing more harm to myself than them... while they are blocking and running around. This dude clearly did not have Avalanche.

And... Yes... to me this was a big deal. We always remember the first time doing something that seemed out of the realms of possible. I am sure that he was screaming about it in Zone chat... but I would not know. I comment in chat, but keep it turned off in PvP.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance