test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ever be "fix" for the NOT L60 harper campaign lairs?

mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Is there ever a fix planned for the harper task/dragon campaign lairs. The ones that are Ghost stories, Mithril mine, Forged in Fire..mm the one in ebon downs..can't remember right now, but THOSE ones? Ever since the lvl cap came in those have been broken. They are listed as L60 content, but they are for sure L70-71. They are not solo-able by most players/characters, even though they aren't titled as a "group" quest.

They for sure say when you go into them that you are fighting @ 70, but I'm HIGHLY doubtfull that your buff up to L70 is translated correctly. My L65 fairly geared OP goes into FF and can't even tank the first 3 trash mobs with a full blowout of daily and every buff skill to try and do so.

Can it:
1. either be labeled as a L70 quest from the get go and a group "advised" warning.
2. dropped down to the L60 it says it is with a group suggested.
3. actually buff UP player stats skills to L70 and buff DOWN the mobs so it is indeed solo-able.

It truly handycaps solo players that they can't do the content and get the boons/gear sooner. And absolutely T's them off when they go to all the trouble to travel there to do the quest and they get their rectums handed to them repeatedly by a L60 quest. And the not being able to do it don't let them complete the daily task reward.

I realize you guys are real busy with future content, but this large irritant could be addressed fairly easy if it was rolled back to the pre-lvl cap difficulties.

Thanks, Matt
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I have to agree with the general idea. My ilvl 3440 GF shrugs off the content, but my new GWF alt, at Lvl 64, gets slaughtered everytime--and that is the first mob or two.
    edited September 2015
    dbl post
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    That zone is level 70 group zone with starter level 70 toons.It lacks proper warning and info as much as the entire catastrophe called Mod6.They announced it in some patch when mod 6 comes but no other warning whatsoever.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yeah this was really annoying. Until you can run it you're essentially stuck on 10 pages a week which really slows down your progress on boons. It's also annoying that at level 60 you're running all of the dragons but you can't run any of the lairs in their respective zones.
    dsn1118 said:

That zone is level 70 group zone with starter level 70 toons.It lacks proper warning and info as much as the entire catastrophe called Mod6.They announced it in some patch when mod 6 comes but no other warning whatsoever.

Didn't they used to be level 60 though? I can understand changing the levels in sharandar or DR but common cause lairs should really be level 60.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg

Need to be reworked, yes. It would have been better if Mod 6 nevere existed. To the new breed it should appear as a serious lack of polish.

+1
  • shozikushoziku Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    the level 60+ game is totally horked. At 60 Knox sends you to well of dragons. The quests there are listed as 60 or 61 and this can't be done by a normal player. You have to group up to even see this content. Also at 62 you lose ALL skirmishes. there is nothing you can do except get a group and get through the unlock content in Sharandar, which is also very high level. (need a group). But at 60 Rhix gives you the level 60+ skirmishes but there aren't any unlocked yet, and likely won't be available until you level up a lot first. (like 70)

I understand that many players were capped at 60 previously and this content is doable by those guys if they maxed out their equipment on end-game content. But for regular new players level 60+ is a repeated death sentence requiring only group play and makes the game look very bad in the eyes of new players once you get to this point.
    Have the devs forgotten about or ignored new players completely?
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    shoziku said:

the level 60+ game is totally horked. At 60 Knox sends you to well of dragons. The quests there are listed as 60 or 61 and this can't be done by a normal player. You have to group up to even see this content. Also at 62 you lose ALL skirmishes. there is nothing you can do except get a group and get through the unlock content in Sharandar, which is also very high level. (need a group). But at 60 Rhix gives you the level 60+ skirmishes but there aren't any unlocked yet, and likely won't be available until you level up a lot first. (like 70)

I understand that many players were capped at 60 previously and this content is doable by those guys if they maxed out their equipment on end-game content. But for regular new players level 60+ is a repeated death sentence requiring only group play and makes the game look very bad in the eyes of new players once you get to this point.

Sorry those areas are old level 60 and new level 70 zones(They didnt change the level req for those missions at first) so it will be next to impossible without a help from level 70s. And believe even old players cant solo those place when they hit level 70.Finally they closed those maps to new players under level 70 but you are allowed for now since you opened that maps.

dsn1118 said:

shoziku said:

Sorry those areas are old level 60 and new level 70 zones(They didnt change the level req for those missions at first) so it will be next to impossible without a help from level 70s. And believe even old players cant solo those place when they hit level 70.Finally they closed those maps to new players under level 70 but you are allowed for now since you opened that maps.

Changes took effect last Thursday. I still believe they need to announce major rules changes in advance, and maybe even write down the rules somewhere so people can count on them. Perhaps even update the information when changes ARE made. This feels too much like devs make it up as they go along. Character integrity is important if we are to trust the game.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Leveling the stuff down to the corresponding Dragon maps, and including it in the ToD daily rota would be another option.

Sure, it'd be a breeze-through for well geared 70ies... ...but would that really hurt?
  • fireopal3fireopal3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    mattsacre said:

Is there ever a fix planned for the harper task/dragon campaign lairs. The ones that are Ghost stories, Mithril mine, Forged in Fire..mm the one in ebon downs..can't remember right now, but THOSE ones? Ever since the lvl cap came in those have been broken. They are listed as L60 content, but they are for sure L70-71. They are not solo-able by most players/characters, even though they aren't titled as a "group" quest.

They for sure say when you go into them that you are fighting @ 70, but I'm HIGHLY doubtfull that your buff up to L70 is translated correctly. My L65 fairly geared OP goes into FF and can't even tank the first 3 trash mobs with a full blowout of daily and every buff skill to try and do so.

Can it:
    1. either be labeled as a L70 quest from the get go and a group "advised" warning.
    2. dropped down to the L60 it says it is with a group suggested.
    3. actually buff UP player stats skills to L70 and buff DOWN the mobs so it is indeed solo-able.

It truly handycaps solo players that they can't do the content and get the boons/gear sooner. And absolutely T's them off when they go to all the trouble to travel there to do the quest and they get their rectums handed to them repeatedly by a L60 quest. And the not being able to do it don't let them complete the daily task reward.

I realize you guys are real busy with future content, but this large irritant could be addressed fairly easy if it was rolled back to the pre-lvl cap difficulties.

Thanks, Matt

I totally agree here. It's really frustrating, regardless of whether it's "intended" or not. You don't give out quests with level 60+ requirements only to really have them be 70+. IDK whether it was mentioned somewhere in a patch note or not. Either mark that requirement as a group only quest (which would still suck) or remove it from the listed quest requirements until the level is met.

There are just too many games out there to hamstring players with content they aren't able to complete with at least a degree of success solo.

I don't think I've liked most of the previous patch at all, and miss the old dungeons as well. :'(

• dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    im really confused here, i've never had to wait more than 2 minutes to get a 2-3 person group to plow through those instances. is it really so bad to group for those 5 minutes it takes to run GS until you can get your IL up high enough to solo it?

whats next, you want tiamat soloable so you can get those campaign slots done too?
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dufisto said:

im really confused here, i've never had to wait more than 2 minutes to get a 2-3 person group to plow through those instances. is it really so bad to group for those 5 minutes it takes to run GS until you can get your IL up high enough to solo it?

whats next, you want tiamat soloable so you can get those campaign slots done too?

Maybe you are lucky or have a long list of friends or just play at peak server pop time, it's been my experience that you can LFG for hr. to get a group together for those. What per chance is your toon lvl? Bet it's not 60......

Even before they messed it up with the new lvl cap (back when the harper ones were REALLY L60) Several toon types had real problems with those quests, I had a real geared DC (all purps) and if I tried to solo it with a DC I would get owned. Same with the old GF (the retooled GF would do better since it's dps was boosted a bit), the GF of course would last far longer, but I would eventually get wittled down.

Thanks for your sarcasm though.

My point being from my OP....they are LABELED and OFFERED as L60 content, and the complete quest can't be COMPLETED without doing them, when in actuality they are L70, it says so as you enter the instances...YOU ARE NOW FIGHTING AT 70, when in fact you aren't. You are fighting L70-71 mobs, but you aren't actually combating with @L70 stats on you.

If they aren't going to fix that, then they need to NOT have them offered @L60 OR labeled as L70 and group required. They also need them separated from the harper daily, perhaps have it as a "bonus" quest, solo-ers shouldn't get all the way in the daily quest line and then discover they can't complete the quest capper leaving it un-finishable.

Same with the bonus class artifact being L70 not 60 (although they said they are relabeleing that in the current patch. Why they didn't roll that back to L60 as well (since it was appropriate content at L60 stage....but seems off for L70, since other artifacts are coming in @ L70, it would seem the L60 class ones would be better as a "bridge" artifact at L60, but then that's IMO.

My OP wasn't me begging them to make it solo-able btw, so you could have checked your sarcasm. I was asking them to make a decision, and then labeling as such, and then gave my opinion on what I would rather have. I find other things real annoying as well, like IKEA products listed as taking 15 min to assemble and then 2 hr later finally give up in annoyance :) Or having tax forms say it takes approx. 30 min. to file a form and have it take 3 hr. You know little annoying things like that....shall be even mention the DMV? :)

mattsacre said:

dufisto said:

Same with the bonus class artifact being L70 not 60 (although they said they are relabeleing that in the current patch. Why they didn't roll that back to L60 as well (since it was appropriate content at L60 stage....but seems off for L70, since other artifacts are coming in @ L70, it would seem the L60 class ones would be better as a "bridge" artifact at L60, but then that's IMO.

Where did they say they are re-labeling the artifact. I've followed most of the threads on that and have not seen anything. Wouldn't it be nice if they wrote these rules down somewhere.... And perhaps had to update changes??
    I'd have to look it up, was it this patch or last?, In the dev notes..maybe it didn't make patch day and was just the notes, something about some changes to the class artifact, that's what prompted someones poll about were players would like to see the class artifact quest giver npc relocated to.

You had to when it was first set up, have at least 2 boon tiers already either from shar or dread to get in IWD to even talk to the npc, this was all set up that way when IWD was "end" content. Tehn you went to IWD to even talk to the npc that then sent you to lord never, THEN you went to the vault of the 9. When IWD was end content, and the lvl cap was 60, that all made a sort of convoluted sense, it was to get you to get introduced to IWD. Now that the cap is 70, and IWD isn't end content, and they have another quest line to get you there, the vault of 9 being through IWD don't make sense.

But peeps wanting the class artifact to tide them over until they capped 70 they were still trying @L60 to do the vault of 9 and getting a rude awaking when they found out the solo content was L70. They were going to lot's of trouble for nothing to happen but instadeath. I saw the dev notes saying they were going to relabel it to 70 so folks didn't go that way. Perhaps it didn't make patch.
    edited September 2015
    mattsacre said:

But peeps wanting the class artifact to tide them over until they capped 70 they were still trying @L60 to do the vault of 9 and getting a rude awaking when they found out the solo content was L70. They were going to lot's of trouble for nothing to happen but instadeath. I saw the dev notes saying they were going to relabel it to 70 so folks didn't go that way. Perhaps it didn't make patch.

Eh. I solol'd vault of nine with my CW, DC and GWF at 61. Just got blue gear off the AH and put some rank 7s in them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

mattsacre said:

Eh. I solol'd vault of nine with my CW, DC and GWF at 61. Just got blue gear off the AH and put some rank 7s in them.
    I'm not negating how you did it, that's what the AH is for, but some wanted the class specific artifacts (not available via AH) so they MUST to the Vo9 to get those. Previously when 60 was the lvl cap those artifacts were really great, that is until even better ones came in with the dragon and the later elements Mods.

The Vo9 was what you wore until you got to end of IWD artifacts, now with dragon/element and level cap @ 70, the Vo9 stuff is sort of "earned" interim artifacts until it get's replaced @70 or sometime before, from doing the shore grindfest. The problem currently is the content is appropriate as is the reward for a L60, but it's capped up to L70, making it sort of defunct for it's intention, why bother getting it @ 70 unless you are a completionist?

edited September 2015
    mattsacre said:

urabask said:

mattsacre said:

I'm not negating how you did it, that's what the AH is for, but some wanted the class specific artifacts (not available via AH) so they MUST to the Vo9 to get those. Previously when 60 was the lvl cap those artifacts were really great, that is until even better ones came in with the dragon and the later elements Mods.

The Vo9 was what you wore until you got to end of IWD artifacts, now with dragon/element and level cap @ 70, the Vo9 stuff is sort of "earned" interim artifacts until it get's replaced @70 or sometime before, from doing the shore grindfest. The problem currently is the content is appropriate as is the reward for a L60, but it's capped up to L70, making it sort of defunct for it's intention, why bother getting it @ 70 unless you are a completionist?

They're not really interim artifacts though. Sigil of the devoted is going to sit in my active slot for about forever, and the GWF sigil and Lantern of revelation would only really be replaced by Kessell's Sphere's of annihilation/Thayan Book of the Dead. So it's more to the point that they're about as good as you can get until you're able to throw 4-11 million AD at an artifact.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User

Leveling the stuff down to the corresponding Dragon maps, and including it in the ToD daily rota would be another option.

Sure, it'd be a breeze-through for well geared 70ies... ...but would that really hurt?

No, but that would be to easy... can't have that in NWO now, can we? ;)
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!