test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this build any good (Ranged Trapper Critbased)?

oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Wilds
Hi, could I have feed back on this build I plan to make.
Feats:

Powers:

Basically I plan to use cordon of arrows, Binding Arrows, most of the time to try to bind enemies in PVE. When I activate master trapper, can I switch to melee and quickly back to range? Does master trapper activate that way?

Will Crushing roots also stack with all of the trapper rooting feats? Hope to get some feedback. Thanks.

Here's a link to the calculator: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/hr?b=2xgm:zbutwn:8m3m:a022g,13m0cki:15u0u00:1000000:15u5551&h=0&p=swd
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]

Comments

• Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    You don't need any points in AP gain feats, you gain AP fairly easily by proc'in master trapper, which procs whenever you switch stance after applying a root every 10 secs. Once it has proc'd, then you can switch to whichever stance you want and it makes no difference.

You should replace Binding Arrows with Constricting, Oak skin is a useless encounter with a long unnecessary cast time, Steel breeze has a much faster cast time and does a little bit of aoe damage and refills your stamina.

Crushing roots relies on you applying roots on targets, not sure if I understand your question properly, but yes, it works along with all your feats.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    I dont know, if it's a pve or pvp build. It might have some uses in pvp. It wont do too much damage in pve I guess.
    Changing back quickly will activate master trapper. However, if you skip all melee rotation, you miss the trappers main advantage, the cooldown reduction. The 3 feats from archery wont help much. You already have enough AP. +5% crit chance wont help your dps in this case too much. Longshot is not that good 4-5% of damage in my archery build.

My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Constrct and hindering are your rooting powers and have good melee and and ranged attacks I would have more life steal and those rather than binding, Go to trader of blades and shoot constriction and watch how roots does DOT run thru a rotaion and watch how it all applies damage so you understand when to use encounters. NOTE cordon has no affect on rooting and does not daze with the crushing roots but does good damage I use cordon and split the sky in Epic dungeons with fox shift all other times I run cordon hindering and fox when fighting boss and in campaigns use constrict then shift to melee fox shift in hindering strike to root again steel breeze jump out and turn shift back to range hindering constrict save ranged fox shift free dodge for avoiding attack this works for whole party so keep that in mind. In feats change from 3 deflect to 2 and from 2 to encounter damage to 3 you will do more damage and deflect is your easiest skill to increase with equipment. The best route if you have a good Crit which you will have eventually is full trapper due to crit becomes roots witch does more damage and the other trapper powers keep your encounters always up. I prefer rapid and electric shot with a blue dragon enchant for PVP . Electric shot I just hold down fire while I run thru encounters and encounters stay up due to trapper cool downs which you have removed from your build

hope this helps
    jhp

cold steel hurricane is worthless get twin blade storm though instead you never know when devs may change crushing roots AOS and TBS maybe your go tos in future
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    Cold Steel Hurricane is great against dragons. You have to shot it in its face. Try it.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    I get more out of seismic shock for dragons but forest ghost and disruptive are on hand all other times Good idea shows you adapt to the situation instead of cookie cutter Player. There are certain encounters where you should adapt. epic cc is a great example one room has pit and enemies jump across and attack if no CW with repel then HR use Seismic knocks them into pit, boom encounter over. These things are difference between players and good players
    jhp
  • Options
    Thanks so much on the feedback, hope to see more advice so I can try to remake the build.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    HELPFUL HINT DOWN LOAD TO PREVIEW RESPECTS ARE FREE THEN TRY THEN WHEN TWEAKED THEN RESPECT SAVES A TON

JHP
    SORRY ABOUT ALLCAPS BUT KEY BOARD IS BROKEN AT MOMENT
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I got longshot for a combat build and it synergizes well.

Don't really think it's possible for a trapper. Two mandatory feats are in the same row and you sacrifice too much without 1 of them. Lose the root duration, or lose encounter cooldown cycling.
  • Options
    adammreillyadammreilly Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    jhpnw said:

epic cc is a great example one room has pit and enemies jump across and attack if no CW with repel then HR use Seismic knocks them into pit, boom encounter over. These things are difference between players and good players
    jhp

I've not been able to knock them into the pit with seismic. Is there a trick to it, like how far from the pit they can be or something like that?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The land after jumping over then when they start to stand hit em need rank 4 I also lay down cordon with half over pit if have a CW they can push off also. I noticed yesterday this did not work and some other things were changed in Ecc as well
    jhp
    Post edited by jhpnw on
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info. I've retrained my HR and went all out trapper. The improvements are unbelievable. I'm doing twice the dps and don't need to use as much potions. I can solo the weak SH heroics, and I'm useful now in epics. Only problem now is my weapon enchantment. I don't have as much crit-rate as my old build, so I'm not so sure about my vorpal anymore. Should I just sell it and switch to feytouched?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    oliboyph said:

Thanks for all the info. I've retrained my HR and went all out trapper. The improvements are unbelievable. I'm doing twice the dps and don't need to use as much potions. I can solo the weak SH heroics, and I'm useful now in epics. Only problem now is my weapon enchantment. I don't have as much crit-rate as my old build, so I'm not so sure about my vorpal anymore. Should I just sell it and switch to feytouched?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Keep it. You're char will continue to grow. I've reached 45% crit on mine at 2.4k. Crit roots do an absurd amount of damage, AN ABSURD AMOUNT.

• Options
    ghoulz66 said:

oliboyph said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Keep it. You're char will continue to grow. I've reached 45% crit on mine at 2.4k. Crit roots do an absurd amount of damage, AN ABSURD AMOUNT.

nice, will do that.
  • Options
    adammreillyadammreilly Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm up to 38% crit rate right now at 2.3k il. Trapper is insane, but I miss my Archer :)
  • Options
    silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    oliboyph said:

Hi, about Stronghold HEs, they are incredible balanced and all, I can even solo the medium size ones with a bit of luck and a lot of patience with my Archery build. CoA+RoA FTW!