Pure: 80% vs slow/immob(root), daze/ +30% stam regen
Transcendent: 80% vs slow/immob(root), daze, stun(hold)/ +30% stam regen

2. How EB should be:

Lesser: +5% vs all CC(except prone)/ +10% stam regen
Normal: +10% vs all CC(except prone)/ +20% stam regen
Greater: +15% vs all CC(except prone)/ +25% stam regen
Perfect: +20% vs all CC(except prone)/ +2 CCR buff stacks / +30% stam regen
Pure: +20% vs all CC(except prone)/ +3 CCR buff stacks / +30% stam regen
Transcendent: +20% vs all CC(except prone)/ +4 CCR buff stacks / +30% stam regen

▶ 1 stack of CCR buff equals +15% CC resistance
▶ 1 stack of CCR buff is used up when you are hit by a CC power of any kind
▶ 1 stack of CCR buff is regenerated every 6 seconds if you're not effected by a CC power

1. From the beginning EB provides resistances vs all CCs
2. From Lesser to Greater, EB provides increasing CC resistances and Stamina regen
3. From Perfect, it gains a special "CC Resistance buff stack", similar to Barkshield stacks
4. +2 CCR buff stacks at Perfect, +3 at Pure, +4 at 15% each.
5. Each CC landed on you reduces the buff stacks by 1, regenerates 1 if not effected by any CC for 8 secs.

So at Transcendent, total +80% CCr, which drops with each CC landing on you to +65%, +50%, +35%... and finally down to 20% at 0 stacks. It will always provide you with a base +20% resistance once at Perfect. This means once EB reaches perfect, even you lose all stacks, if you have contemporary PvP gear with around +40% CCr from Tenacity then EB will always reduce CCs to around 60% duration. Against CCs from CWs who ignore 66% of Tenacity, it will always reduce CCs to 75% duration at its worst.

Against one opponent, unless that opponent is packing multiple CC powers in usual cases this new version of TEB will probably be similar to the current one in performance. There's not many classes that use more than a single CC power and most of them usually are not able to repeat it in less than 8 sec intervals (time required to regenerate lost stack).

Against multiple enemies all trying to land a CC on you, the stacks will just be blown away quickly, so it's not the bullchit pseudo-ITC level it is now, but it will still offer you some protection with the constant +20% resistance. (Powers like Oppressive Force or Smokebomb, of course, should be counted as 1 attack)

This also does not take into account the current Trapper HRs, and supposes the bullkrap root/daze spamming is fixed.
--------------------------------------------------------

Tl;DR

Make the protection as powerful as it is now, but the protection will be diminished under focused and repeated attempts.
Stop making excuses. Be a man.
If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'

Comments

• Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    I really don't buy that recharge mechanic, so let's hope not make Elven into another sh***y Barkshield, the CC-edition. I would actually suggest the opposite. Stack it like Negation, make it so that 4% per stack, every 1 second under CC, stacks up to 20 times. The stacks are reset for 5 seconds not taking damage. So you start at 4/8/12/16/20/24... and each rank with a stack limit that's much similar to the current total CC resistance. In return, also give resistance to all forms of CC for all ranks. Make the repel distance resistable and most importantly, fix multiproc HR cr*p that practically one shots Elven users with DoT bleeds.

So two things will happen: 1) You will still get controlled. 2) If somebody tries to permaCC, its effects are diminished the longer you are controlled,.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Leaving the petty details out, basically my suggestion is "start out strong, then get weaker", whereas yours is "start out weak, then get stronger" The reason I think it should start out strong, is that the amount of damage some classes can put up while you are CCd -- for example certain SW players, or GWFs, or CWs.

When these types of classes are in question, I have doubts whether one would be able to survive long enough for those CCr to stack any higher. The first 2~3 CCs landing on you, under the current reality of PvP, IMO, will probably kill you straight up. That'd make Elven Battle useless.

A drastic showcae example: "CW lands EF on you, the TR, seeing that you are held, activates SE" ... I mean, I'd accept my fate if it was a result of being hit with a CC multiple times, that ultimately diminished my TEB down to weak protection, and hence made it impossible to dodge the incoming SE... but with your method, the first time you are CCd the SE is coming down, and you're dead.

• Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Personally I would take it in a different direction. I would rather it be like 10-15-20-25% Control resist to ALL CONTROL. and in pure and transcendant every 40-30 seconds give you a "buff" that completely negates the next CC to be used on you. This way the benefit of up to perfect is just increased resistance, which is what its made for, however at pure and trans it gives you a way to "negate" a CC ability's control used, thus giving you valuable time to dodge out of the way, or put up block/sanc. blocking one ability to me isnt OP. and 25% base Resist on perfect and above I think is a good level for high end enchantments. (considering negation gives up to 30% DR)

the problem with this however is that it may not give enough Resistance against "Perma CC" builds, but Perma CC shouldnt be a thing anyway

People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    @kweassa well when you put it like that, I see your point. I guess my problem is just with the barkshield thing. I've never been the biggest fan of the charges. Now, if it was to be like a micro ITC, instead of a CC-resist modifier, in such a way that activating one charge grants you 1 full second of CC immunity, and then wears off to be replenished only once every 6 seconds, that could be something interesting.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    I get the point but this would be kind of weird.
    An enchant that gets less effective the more it procs? That is the opposite of Negation which gets better as it procs.
    The point of Elven battle is to counter CC. It provides no additional armor or help aside from this.

The only fix Elven Battle needs is to work as intended (no thorned root bleeds, does not ignore TR smoke bomb, etc).
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    edited September 2015
    zeusom said:

I get the point but this would be kind of weird.
    An enchant that gets less effective the more it procs? That is the opposite of Negation which gets better as it procs.
    The point of Elven battle is to counter CC. It provides no additional armor or help aside from this.

The only fix Elven Battle needs is to work as intended (no thorned root bleeds, does not ignore TR smoke bomb, etc).

The thing is, some stats, effects and utilites are always in a very awkward position where a "grey area" or a "middle point" does not exist, in which case increments of adjustments/tweaks can't be really felt in a practical sense.

For example, damage and its modifiers are stats that can be relatively easil tweaked where you feel its effects very easily. On the other hand, a classic example of a stat without a 'grey area' is deflection. With stuff like deflection it's either it works or not. It's always either "can't seem to really deflect anything much", or "my God, I'm Spider-man!!". No middle point whatsoever.

Same with stuff like CCr. The effects/results of being CCd is quite graphic and leaves a strong impression, so when somebody has a certain amount of CCr, one usually feels either "man.. this little CCr doesn't seem to do anything" or "hah! I'm perma-ITC now!". You don't have a point with stats like these that makes you feel, "Well, I guess it helps somewhat...". I believe this is why the devs initially put in a stat so frickin' high as +80% resistance in the first place. Unless it's that vividly powerful, you can't really appreciate its effects at all.

The problem is that, of course, as we now all feel it, EB maintaining a constant bonus of that caliber essentially, totally destroys/removes a whole section of the game mechanic to be used against the guy wearing EB.

This is why I think a variable bonus is needed, something that changes according to amount of effort put into fighting it... so that when its a pretty standard, 1v1 situation the enchantment remains powerful enough to feel like pseudo-ITC, but against many people out to get you at the same time, gradually weakens and exposes a gaping hole.
  • Options
    nykethnyketh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Oh my.
    CWs crying rivers cause the only enchant that bothers them in melting people is EB.
    Needless to say EB was bugged (greater and perfect) for three modules.Yet the KWeassa " seeker of balance" had his mouth shut.
    He and others "Seekers of Balance" did not open a single thread for the most broken enchant ever hit NW server,since loamweave Beta and Thunderhead mod1,the Negation.
    But ofcourse.Negation suits them so it is perfectly fine.While Eb must be nerfed!!

Oh my oh my.

Well...hypocrisy and double standars at its best.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    nyketh said:

Oh my.
    CWs crying rivers cause the only enchant that bothers them in melting people is EB.
    Needless to say EB was bugged (greater and perfect) for three modules.Yet the KWeassa " seeker of balance" had his mouth shut.

How embarrassed would you be when you find out I've actually used EB for a time way back in mod2, which is 5 mods ago, not 3, and people have already acknowledged and duly reported to the devs the few bugs associated with EB since that time?

Do go on and make more ignorant posts. Feel free to present yourself as more of an idiot. I insist.

He and others "Seekers of Balance" did not open a single thread for the most broken enchant ever hit NW server,since loamweave Beta and Thunderhead mod1,the Negation.
    But ofcourse.Negation suits them so it is perfectly fine.While Eb must be nerfed!!

Oh my oh my.

Well...hypocrisy and double standars at its best.

Here's an interesting question. What are you planning to do when I dig up relatively recent posts/threads about Negation which I've clearly expressed my concerns about it?

Me, I'd like to request a photo of yourself with your foot inserted in your mouth, please.

Shall I dig up that thread for you, so I can make you look even dumber than the level of dumbery you've shown so far? Just ask. Relatively recent threads. I'm sure a quick search would turn it up in a few hours at max. *snicker* I'm waiting for the go-ahead. :smile:

Here's a tip. When you want to try a personal attack, at least try to do some research, because idiotic attempts on personal attacks usually tend to backfire on your HAMSTER and the heaps of insults thrown just bounces right back, and smothers yourself.