test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

queue groups with less than required members

dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
something is broken, as the group finder keeps dropping people into skirmishes and epic dungeons with less than 5 people.

this should probly be fixed.

Comments

• adammreillyadammreilly Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Not as much a problem. Means you get in and start killing stuff while there's room for someone to join ;)
    I see it as less time waiting on the queue.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    It would be nice if the banner at the top was accurate. Often it says "looking for more party members" when your party is in fact closed (I assume it must be when no one joins after nearly an hour).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • odtintgeodtintge Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The issue appears to be that people queue up but then for a variety of reasons they reject the auto invite. The game then (in a complete "screw you" to all logic) tosses all those who did accept into a party and loads them into the dungeon anyway.

What it should do is say "Hey, sorry, somebody didn't accept so you're back at the front of the line waiting". You get to keep doing whatever you were doing while you wait. Instead of sitting around in the dungeon unable to o anything because you have no tank or healer.

Other times this will happen when a group has failed. After wiping a couple people leave. The game looks for new people to fill the spots. If both spots were DPS it's probably fine. It'll find 2 quickly and they'll load in. If one was a tank/healer an the other was a DPS things go badly for that new DPS. It grabs that person up and loads them in before it has found a tank/healer for that 2nd spot. Again, it should be waiting until it can actually *fill* the group before loading anybody in there.

The current Queue system does not even count as half-assed. It's about 1/5th-assed at this point.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Is this still happening?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    havent seen it happen since the the last patch, but i havent been queueing much either. but it was definately happening on wednesday.
  • luisandluisand Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Yes this is still happening. I would almost say its more the rule rather than the exception.
    Finally a proud member of The Lower Depths of Neverwinter.
  • odtintgeodtintge Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    luisand said:

Yes this is still happening. I would almost say its more the rule rather than the exception.

Oh absolutely. This has been a non-stop thing the last 3 days. It's an exciting exception when I end up in a dungeon with 4 other people of the correct roles. The norm is 3 people or 5 people but there's no tank. That's my "favorite"; end up in a dungeon with only 4 people, sit around waiting for the 5th slot to fill with the needed tank...and the game fills with a ranger. Thanks. Thanks a lot.