test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some constructive suggestions

therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
1. I understand Cryptic wants to sell inventory and bank slots to make money, but right now refinement materials are totally swamping the amount of space even for those of us with premium sized bags. Refinement materials (stones, runes, etc..) should have their own section like crafting materials. When your jammed full of stuff you need to refine with it makes picking up loot to sell for much needed gold (for injury kits, potions, etc...) very difficult.

2. Modify Arc Defender so it doesn't come up constantly and actually accepts the codes it sends out. I'm sick of periodically having to deal with it. For example it's okay once, but right now I just tried to access these forums from my browser as opposed to the Arc client (which I am using now) and despite having already approved me through the client it wanted a seperate approval... this is a problem when I can't check my mail and have Defender open at the same time, at least not yet because I can't figure out how to make Microsoft Edge (crappy browser that I am forced to use under Windows 10) open multiple browsing sessions to have mail and arc open at once.

3. GAMEPLAY RELATED: Seriously fix "epic" dungeons, and get the game concepts straight. I'm playing as a Paladin tank right down the defense tree and half the time I'm getting swatted like a fly even in epic gear well above the suggested gear score when rushing in initially. Other people I'm running with are going "well after the latest patch this happens, your actually doing fairly well", I'm sorry but that's bloody ridiculous. I understand wanting to increase the difficulty and mobs like that are fine, but only when parties of adventurers have the right tools. For example in other games you have REAL crowd control that can be spammed and say have the CCers keep certain mobs in a pack locked down so the group can kill them one at a time, etc... but right now none of the CC works like the Crowd Control in say Everquest or old school World Of Warcraft.

Another point to consider is that telegraphed monster moves need to do a lot less damage, especially to tanks. A tank is supposed to run around and pick up mobs, the telegraphs, with rare exceptions, are largely supposed to be for DPS and healers to prevent things from being entirely "tank and spank". I'd like to think Cryptic at least understands this in theory since the Paladin doesn't have much in the way of a reliable dodge manuver, nor does he have the straight out "invulnerability" factor of a GF's shield. Basically when the floor is lighting up like I'm in an old school disco one can't expect the Tank to be both running into the attacks to pick everything up and avoiding them at the same time. Of course this would be easy to fix with either viable CC options, or some serious damage nerfing, perhaps to NPC armor piercing. Basically if a tank is totally defense so his attacks strike like a warm summer breeze on a steel plate, nothing should be able to do much more than that to him either, especially when dealing with "trash". Epic bosses are something a little different, but even then the armor and such should matter a lot more than it currently does.

I'm sure there are much better players sitting here going "well you just suck" and maybe that's true, I'm a fairly normal player in all honesty, and let's be honest, Neverwinter was setting out to not be a game from elitists or at least such was part of the mission statement since Beta (which I was a part of). It's mostly this last patch that has fried things.

4. GAMEPLAY RELATED: I still think PVP needs more work to make defense viable, to be honest the Paladin in particular was overpowered until the endgame, but once endgame hit it became something of a joke, simply put for those who
PVP seriously it's still a game of stacking offense, the defensive abillities of a paladin in particular are like tissue paper, I've literally been backstabbed for like 90% of my health (in Grim Gladiator Gear) with a Templar's Wrath padding out my hit points. Granted that is a rare occurance but it shouldn't be happening. Simply put if I'm all defense and someone else is all offense it should properly be a mexican stand off, right now stats like armor penetration simply allow offensive players to rip through damage reduction far too quickly. As I commented before (quite a while ago, when playing an old school GF in PVP) Armor Piercing likely needs to be limited to a PVE stat. Likewise I think some abillities like smoke bomb need to be re-examined, as does the current floatiness of Rogues, one of the things that got Neverwinter initial praise from the likes of Totalbiscuit and others ( I remember his pre-release guest video ) was that the combat in Neverwinter wasn't floaty, basically it had weight while being real time, and people couldn't jump around like maniacs with things feeling
very realistically grounded. Rogues should remain a lot more "rooted" when fighting like other classes despite their relative fragility, especially in PVP. The way I see it is that a rogue shouldn't be able to jump into PVP against a melee class, wind up losing, and then be able to easily run away due to relative speed and mobility. I sort of get what was intended here, but even after changes it still strikes me as being a character designed to be fairly broken in PVP, with the current version of the GWF close behind it (GWF at least has an excuse for being able to close or open distance rapidly given that it's the classes' primary defense mechanic rogues get evade plus a lot of other movement stuff).

Despite how it sounds I do okay in PVP as I can be fairly persistant, but I'll be blunt in saying few things annoy me more than being a tank and getting swatted like a gnat, or being cheated out of my victories by classes that are allowed to withdraw when I do manage outlast them. Given that kills figure so heavily into point totals that's an issue, there isn't anything that positively affects your rating for how much damage you absorbed, or how long you held someone (or multiple someone's) off.