test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Heroic Encounters: Terrible Rewards

klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
Today I finished one of those 15+man Heroic encounters (Hideaway Crisis) with a great success and I obtained the following rewards:

1) 1 Rank 5 enchant
2) 1 Minor Resonance Stone

What would be the reason of doing these encounters if the rewards are nearly the same as the small Heroic Encounters that can be soloed/duoed?

Is this intended or was there an oversight in rewards?

Comments

• klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Ok, the drop rate for epic can be low.
    But why is the amount of "normal" stuff the same?
    IWD big encounters don't give the same stuff as the smallest ones, RNG or not, you always get more.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I got a new epic glove from one of the encounters in SH, guildie received some rings or so
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    those "random" RNG has to go, fully retired from the game, some players get repeated epic rewards and some players get screwed after so many times.
    i have experienced with Icewind, and never got my black ice guantlets, i tried those encounters for 6-7 weeks, and gave up and had "burn-out" many months ago, and fed up.
    now the devs still dont care about anyone not able to get one when needed, and now for collection achievement will never be completed.

that RNG had become an evil blackened stinky carrots, so, avoid it at all cost and it is too rotten.
  • tuncextuncex Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    It looks like they nerf rp drop because before I received a stone resonance in every encounter heroic medium and large, but after the last patch for many times get only enchtements graduation 5 and influences.they give you a hand just to get to another the following week.They are a bunch of trolls devs so trolls
  • deireindeirein Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'm like 80% sure medium and large HE rewards are not the same after the patch. After launch, solo HEs gave influence and r5 enchants and medium to large HEs all dropped resonance stones of varying quality (and dropped them consistently, I'd guess 70-90% of the time). Now all HEs drop mostly influence and r5s, though I got one minor resonance stone today... for 5 HEs. And no resonance stones yesterday for 5 HEs as well.
    I'm not happy about that change, I think arti equipment RP is too scarce in game and I considered adding those stones to HE rewards was a good move.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I agree that the whole random factor is just dumb to begin with.
  • rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Yesterday, I finished 5 large encounters, I got only rank 5 enchants.. Its not fun.. I think, they should drop at least minor resonances.
  • luisandluisand Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    There was a post on Reddit from the stronghols developer. He said he looked at the rewards list, and RP stones should be dropping. If not it's a bug, probably from them fixing the influence reward bug, and they would look into it.

So expect a fix somewhere around Mod 8 or 9 :wink:
    Finally a proud member of The Lower Depths of Neverwinter.
  • rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Any update on this?
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    It would be nice to add some blue gear.... we could add to the bank

So

I agree bump it up a tad
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    wylonus said:

those "random" RNG has to go, fully retired from the game, some players get repeated epic rewards and some players get screwed after so many times.

i have experienced with Icewind, and never got my black ice guantlets, i tried those encounters for 6-7 weeks, and gave up and had "burn-out" many months ago, and fed up.

now the devs still dont care about anyone not able to get one when needed, and now for collection achievement will never be completed.

that RNG had become an evil blackened stinky carrots, so, avoid it at all cost and it is too rotten.

Black ice gloves are and always have been a myth.