test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is my RP Character appropriate? (Dark Souls references)

Hello, hello and thank you for taking the time to read this! The purpose of this thread is to obtain both reccomendations and constructive criticism upon my character (Chaos Witch Quelara) if need be. So, I will be writing this with the assumption in mind some people here do not know much (if anything) about the Dark Souls universe. With that said, let us get this under way!

Chaos Witch Quelara is by the broadest of standards a Dark Souls reference to the Sisters of Izalith A.K.A. The Witches of Chaos. She is a Drow and played as the Scourge Warlock class. So, I made her many moons ago back when I found a DM to play table-top D&D; but with many core differences in comparison to her Neverwinter counterpart. In Dark Souls, the Witches of Izalith were a group of 'humans' that lived underground in a massive city thusly named; Izalith. They utilized the power of flames to assure the victory of Lord Gwyn (who is basically the God of Light).

As a result, it seemed appropriate to pick the Drow race for this character as they already lived underground and were commonly suseptible to turning into Driders (which I will get to momentarily). You see, in Dark Souls; the Witches of Chaos tried to reconstruct the First Flame: A bed of souls that dawned the numerous inefible souls that now rule the world. Unfortunately they done goofed, and instead of creating a similar flame (which was fading at the time) they spawned "The Bed of Chaos" which created a portal that spewed forth numerous demons.

More importantly the witches succamb to the corruption that they had released and were transfigured into women with large spiders that dawned beneath their waist. One witch in Dark Souls named; Quelana somehow was spared from this curse and remained human. Seeing the acts and transformation of her sisters as some sort of "sin" to be attoned for; she can assist the player indirectly.

So the basic plot of Quelara (my character) is purposefully vague; the only solid information being known is that she had three sisters that tried to overthrow an unknown branch of Lolth followers. Utilizing an unstable power to do this, something went wrong and Lolth's followers discovered their plans. Turning them into Driders, Quelara was the only one to have escaped. She now does brave and noble deeds to make up for their mistakes; and harnesses the power of eldritch flames and warlock magic to do so.

Dark Souls (naturally) has a strong presence when it comes to souls, something Scourge Warlocks also seems to use. It i believed the Chaos Witches would burn the 'souls' of humanity in an attempt to create a duplicate first flame. Anyway, this is pretty much all that I have implimented within my character that is fact.

So I am hoping some of you may have suggestions as to how I could create a more solid backstory while having a somewhat obvious reference to the Chaos Witches of the Dark Souls game. Also keep note that Dark Souls is HEAVILY inspired by D&D, so many of it's lore points are reflective to D&D and Neverwinter itself. So please toss in your reccomendation (or praise if your a Dark Souls fan!) and I will be sure to show gratitude for the effort! :D
I've come to play and have fun! :]
So I beseech thee. Drag me not into your pit of drama. :[