test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

armor upgrades that arent upgrades

theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
Why do we keep getting armor upgrades that arent really upgrades?
for instance I wear a an elemental alliance assault sallet. If I upgrade to elven I lose 1242 crit and gain 1323 recovery
and crit is worth way more to a GWF than recovery and there is no way to get that back even going as high as the dragonflight armors. yea you get more HP and other stats but those stats arent worth as much as the stats you lose even with the 2&4 piece bonuses its still not worth it

its like you have a bag fo 200 dimes and somone offers you an "upgrade" of a bag of 500 pennies because 500 is more than 200 but in actual value its not.

I cant see any thought process behind the stats put on gear It looks completely random and I dont know of ANY GWF that has more than a 2,000 item level that iant struggling to dump armor pen yet its on just about every peice of dragonflight gear that has crit on it so its lose 1.3k crit or lose about 900 power for 1k armor pen I dont need there is only 1 pair of boots I would even consider an upgrade and its about as much an upgrade as a rank or 2 on an artifact piece

but to get that measley upgrade we have to get our guild to grind up to a rank 4 stronghold AND kill 108+(depending on how many you can kill in on go) dragons for fangs

I have only commented on GWF gear because that is what I play but I am sure the other classes are in a similar boat right?

Comments

• Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    The problem is....... Previous Mods had multiple sets of armor that allowed you to custom make your toon, now you only get 2 choices.. this or that.. it is a cookie cutter approch to toons. Artifacts and Artifact gear is the only real way to make up for lost stats.. well, and Enchants of course, not to mention Armor Enchant Kits.
  • Options
    adammreillyadammreilly Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I was just looking at this last night for my HR. Going from the Alliance Raid gear (for crits) to the Elven gear causes me to lose crits and add to Recovery and ArmPen...I already have insane ArmPen, I don't need more. I want to upgrade my crits for dps, not downgrade for a higher item level.
    How about a more diverse set of items, that focus on each set of stats, then we can mix and match to our own playstyle, not one of two that the devs think we should use.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    If you want better balance just stick with the pvp gear.
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The problem is....... Previous Mods had multiple sets of armor that allowed you to custom make your toon, now you only get 2 choices.. this or that.. it is a cookie cutter approch to toons. Artifacts and Artifact gear is the only real way to make up for lost stats.. well, and Enchants of course, not to mention Armor Enchant Kits.
    I understand the making 2 sets but its the inconsistancy in them is my issue if the elemental alliance assault sallet has Crit Arpen recovery then the elven assault should have the same only more stat points not a ramdom miss mash of other points
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I pointed this problem out months ago... just after the release of M6. I never did get an explanation.

I think we are feeling the pinch because they have a low population of artists working for them. You would think that Assault would give you a lot of Crit, ArPen and Power. Raid gear would be more balanced by giving you all of the stats you need... some Crit, Power, ArPen and Recovery.

The Assault jewelry would give you the other stats you need while the Raid jewelry gives you more balance.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yeah, it is terrible "trade-offs" upgrades that isnt really an upgrade, i play GF, and some of newer ones just had "regenerate" and only to have it "nerfed" for in-combat mode, so that is Phffft!!!
    so what good are these "Regeneration" when our group healers trying hard to keep me alive as other members in group need heals?
    bring back In-combat regen!!!
    reason why, GF often get surrounded by adds of mobs, i hate those blinking legion devils, shields are useless, only for frontal defense and rest are exposed to flankings.
    devs really made this very bad call to nerfings.
    GF also need a real big AoE effect to prevent flankings.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    You know I was happy in previous mods, I don't need to upgrade my high vizier set ☺. Anyway the boots are good. See if you could switch gears to get less Armor Penetration.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    I honestly dont see this as a problem. Enchantments give us plenty of flexibility. We just need to plan better with upgrading enchants. While crit on a GWF is certainly better than recovery it doesnt equate to recovery being useless to a GWF.
  • Options
    myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    The stat has been nerfed so that it only effects out of combat healing + incoming healing. So when you're soloing things that stat is beyond useless now, same deal with lifesteal. Unless you sacrifice other stats to get 35-50% lifesteal it's worthless.

I'll give you an example If I upgraded to the new Elemental, or Stronghold armor sets I would lose 400-500 armor penetration, 400-500 deflection, and 100-200 defense per piece, in order to gain 500-600 recovery.

How is losing 500 off 2 important stats and 200 off my most important stat as a Tank, a good trade off to only gain a stat I don't even need.

This is the issue that is being brought up. The thing I find the most foolish of the Stronghold armors is the fact that if you look at the collections, they have 4 sets listed (AP focus, Tank Focus, Recovery focus, DPS Focus) yet they don't even have armor suits for most of them, only a belt, ring and neck. (which most of us use artifact, so only the ring matters). Then there is the fact that it shows the Ward set (Tank Focus) in the marketplace to buy and yet the stats on it are the ones I listed. That does not make me tougher and stronger, sure extra hp's are nice but to lose all my important stats in those numbers is bad.

If I put the set together I mentioned before, putting on the Tank Focus Stronghold armor set of 4 pieces (Chest, legs, arms, head) I would gain a lot of hp's and 2400 recovery total.

However I would lose 2000 armor penetration, 2000 deflection, and 800 defense. How is that a fair tradeoff between stats??
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Oh, I believe you may be talking about regeneration not recovery. If so, yes. I agree. I dont regen on any of my characters.
  • Options
    myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Err yes sorry I did mean regen, thanks for pointing that out jugger...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy