test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150722a.19

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Stability and Performance
  • Resolved an issue with client crashes and black screens not loading when starting the game.

User Interface
  • Strongholds can be donated to when your guild marks are full and there is a proper confirmation message notifying you that you will not be given any more guild marks.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This is going to Preview shortly and is currently scheduled to go live tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    An emergency patch, but the HE rewards is left broken. The single most important thing when progressing through the new content. We had a workaround at least before today's patch. Now we just cross our fingers and hope we don't lose our precious precious influence every time we hit that button. I sure hope that rates an out of cycle patch when you get it working. And while I'm here, how are we supposed to know when our 20 hours is up and we can be rewarded by the HEs again? When running multiple toons this can get confusing.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Until they change the Influence to reset at 3am with everything else, it's simple to keep track.. take a piece of scrap paper and write down the time that you start getting Influence on each character. 20 hours from that time, you'll be able to get influence again.

Either that, or simply skip a day of HEs, then you can start on each of your characters whenever you'd like.. I'd recommend during the morning for with your morning coffee.. That way, you know that you can always run a handful of HEs in the morning and be set to run them whenever you'd like during the day.

As for the CTRL+F or "Claim Reward" click being broken, honestly, I haven't touched my CTRL+F since yesterday... I'm hoping beyond hope that the Influence will be in there. If not, whatever... it's just a game. Besides, if you get only one or two of your CTRL+Fs, chances are, that it'll be more than the previous cap of 120.

And, for the record, @panderus (and subsequently, @strumslinger) posted these notes near midnight PDT. Even if they hadn't made the EE changes or increased the amount of Influence per character per day, that alone tells me that these guys really do care that there are broken aspects in the game and that they are putting in some long damn days to try to fix it. There have been 3 patches since SH went live... we didn't get that for Mod 6.

YMMV.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    An emergency patch, but the HE rewards is left broken. The single most important thing when progressing through the new content. We had a workaround at least before today's patch. Now we just cross our fingers and hope we don't lose our precious precious influence every time we hit that button. I sure hope that rates an out of cycle patch when you get it working. And while I'm here, how are we supposed to know when our 20 hours is up and we can be rewarded by the HEs again? When running multiple toons this can get confusing.

We have identified what is causing this issue and intend to have a resolution for next week. We can't push out a fix for something that we don't have a fix for quite yet, especially in the time frame given to get a build out.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I still have the issue where i have to start the game in safe mode :/
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Can we get a confirmation that the influence timer is getting it's fix in this week's patch? Trying to coordinate HE runs with guildies is a royal pain in the butt with everyone having to do test runs to see if the cooldown is over and no one on the same cooldown cycle.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    What happens when all coffers are full?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
This discussion has been closed.