test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 71+ difficulty question not answered - was it lowered or not ?

2»

Comments

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I still get wrecked if I try and solo basic HEs in IWD. Maybe I'll do better once my artifacts are upgraded or something.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    That's nice, tanks can still be killed in 1 hit.
    /\ This
    I got 1-shotted a record 6 times during a Kessel run on Saturday. I was like "I can't wait for the difficult patch to fix this." To find out it already happened. I didn't notice anything. Atleast I found a bug and reported it to the bug section.

The piercing damage is still ridiculous. Pulling agro is still a suicide mission with a GF because:
    -Defense is still bugged. Higher actual over initial. Even if piercing is 100% initial should equal actual...I might as well go in naked. I actually survive better with my GWF alt with a 1.4k IL.
    -Block is still bugged. Many attacks go straight through for 100% damage. I often die 60% of the time within 2 seconds of hitting enforced threat for the first time.
    -Blocking only covers about 120 degrees as opposed to OP's 360 degrees.
    -New AI Mobs try to flank you, unlike before where they'd all stand infront of you. Any flanks hits=half your HP on non-crits. 1 hit if you're unlucky.

EDIT: Removed extra 'with'

• sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Simple answer: yes
    Longer answer: HP was definatley lowered, I can see that already which is nice. Damage though, that i'm not so sure. Whatever change they've made, if any, hasn't had any affect for Epic lair runs at least. So yep, people still getting 1 shot, 2 shot if they're lucky. And the bosses are still near impossible - has anyone actually legitimately finished epic wolfs den?
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    I know they said they lowered the hit points in Icewind Dale, but for my OP, it didn't make much of a difference. It took so long to kill a bear over there it was just ridiculous. I get the OP is a support class but the amount of time it takes to kill things there is way to long. Granted, I am not uber geared. I have my artifact weapon but it isn't very leveled up do to the cost of leveling it up. I do have a greater plague fire enchant which helps a bit but that took so much AD just to get it and get it leveled to that, there isn't much left over for anything else. This time, 2 years from now, I might have the gear I have now finally leveled up but by that time, it won't even matter. Sadly, I just liked the game far better with mod 5 than with mod 6. If it was up to me, I would just reset the servers back to mod 5 ( right now if I could ) then put out SH at level 60 and then up the level to 70 with mod 8.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    my answer for Icewind, Dread, Sharandar, and Well mobs changed, is Heck NO! they still hit hard, and i still think they werent fixed yet, devs only said they fixed elemental zone mobs.

it is very odd, when i was in protecting portal of tuern, those green knights were easier to kill than those same level green knights that took me 3 mins longer to kill and over-excessive mouse clickings that i am sick of it i want to kill faster with my tank.
    i still dont like specific mobs that has "super" potion drinking at bad timings when some of my interrupts were used with black knights before they get hulkified, even beefed up black knights use potions while they have massive health buffed. it is a real low blow cheats.
  • thorfin0095thorfin0095 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    soltasword wrote: »
    I went to Icewind Dale today to see what it was like after this update and it wasn't any different. I know they said they changed the mobs 71+ but I did not see any difference. At least in Icewind Dale. I honestly don't think they did change the damage of mobs over 70 as that was never confirmed. And as far as the hit points are concerned, I think they are still to high in the campaign zones. Sharandar and Dread Ring need a 10% more drop in damage and hit points. Icewind Dale and maybe WoD ( haven't tried it yet ) needs at least another 25 to 40% drop in hit points and another 15 to 25% damage reduction on all mobs. My OP took so long just to kill 1 bear in Icewind Dale it was ridiculous. It would take so long to do my 3 quests over there that it just isn't worth even going there anymore nor is it any fun.

You most have a very strong character because I went through it beginning of last year 2014 and got all me black ice gear. Now 3 months ago to now the heroics and other monsters are tougher at least to me.. My enchantments stones are lvl 8's and 9's also...

• givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I gotta say I am in aww of the damage the level 70's do I took my 60 pally to well of dragons and did fine finally got my gwf to 70 his gear is only 1669 figured that be good enough first encounter I tried to kill I lasted about two seconds. I did manage to kill a few groups if I start spaming tab to get determination off asap for the extra hp and pray I crit hard enough to kill them every fight I won ended with me under 10% hp gotta say the end game is not a lot of fun so far think I be better off going back to aion or tera at least there my toons can do the solo content solo lol
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    I definitely notice lower HP on normal mobs in the elemental zones or maybe I just got more powerful as I upgraded a few enchantments. However there's no way mobs in any of the campaign zones had their damage or HP lowered at least by any noticeable amount. It sill takes me forever to kill a level 73 Yeti. Probably like 4 minutes and that's no exaggeration. That doesn't equal "challenge" it's just tedious more than anything.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    What really amazes me is, that they get the difficulty right in the Stronghold map... so, why can't they just copy the very same difficulty from there to at least Dread Ring and Sharandar?

Not to mention that you get showered with loot on the Stronghold map... while there is little to find in the other areas.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Icewind dale difficulty is insane, i'm not even talking about heroic encounters mobs that are all over the map. Then damages dealt by mobs are still too high, as someone else said earlier, i've tried to play elemental campaign with my 17 il HR, it's just painfull and not pleasurable.
  • tadorotadoro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This is my recent experience....
    I play a 70 cleric, current equipment level 1880 ish. My regular group of five includes a paladin, ranger, wizard, warlock, and me, all equipment about the same level. We are all experienced MMO players and do like challenging content. However, T1 dungeons and skirmishes are not currently winnable for us. The paladin, who is untouchable in Sharandar, WoD, and IWD, is being one-shotted within seconds in the epic boss and mini-boss encounters, which results in a total wipe.
    Has any group with 1600 to 1900 equipment level successfully finished any T1 recently? If so, please explain how....
    Repeated wipes for an experience, balanced group who exceed the stated armor requirements should not be happening... it is not fun.