test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Proposal for exchange house

yquedoarruinadoyquedoarruinado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Good day, first of all apologize for my English, in view of the short supply of zen by AD in the house exchange generated i think among other things because the owner of Zen does not see an attractive offer my proposals are:

1) If you want to keep the band system of supply and demand, taking the band to a range eg 450 Asatral D by Zen as a minimum, and 1000 Astral D by zen at most this would generate a more attractive offer for owners zen.

2) The other option could be a competitive market where supply is free and the buyer can pay your Astral D in the offer that seems more attractive.

Not all Zen players can purchase with real money, in my case, for example i live in a country where the supply of dollars is controlled by the government and We do not have free access to dollars.

Well that's all. Thank you for your attention and apologize for my use of English.

Comments

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm waffly on whether raising the AD cap is a good or a bad idea. In practice, I think part of the reason why zen sells for 500 AD is because zen sells for 500 AD. People know zen will always be 500 ad so they place their orders at 500 ad. I suspect raising the cap to 1000 AD wouldn't have too much effect. Some people who otherwise wouldn't bother buying zen for cash might be willing to, but here's the problem:

When zen can't effectively be bought for AD due to the time delay due to insufficient zen on the exchange, people who DO have zen can sell zen-shop items on the AH at a markup. As long as this is an option, people are always better off selling items on the AH with zen they buy for cash than directly selling the zen for AD.

In short, the entire methodology behind the zen exchange is flawed from the start. Coupons do have the interesting effect of lowering prices on some goods, so that those goods can't produce a profit in this fashion without the coupon, but preservation wards still sell for 6400+ per, meaning that you can get more AD by buying Preservation Wards and reselling them than you can by just selling your zen directly. And Preservation Wards move pretty quickly too, since everyone needs them.

Un...fortunately, the only way I can think of to solve this problem is almost certainly even more hated than raising the AD price cap; that is, make it impossible for zen items to be sold on the AH entirely. Which would just make zen shop items even more impossible for people to get.
  • Options
    I'm waffly on whether raising the AD cap is a good or a bad idea. In practice, I think part of the reason why zen sells for 500 AD is because zen sells for 500 AD. People know zen will always be 500 ad so they place their orders at 500 ad. I suspect raising the cap to 1000 AD wouldn't have too much effect. Some people who otherwise wouldn't bother buying zen for cash might be willing to, but here's the problem:

When zen can't effectively be bought for AD due to the time delay due to insufficient zen on the exchange, people who DO have zen can sell zen-shop items on the AH at a markup. As long as this is an option, people are always better off selling items on the AH with zen they buy for cash than directly selling the zen for AD.

In short, the entire methodology behind the zen exchange is flawed from the start. Coupons do have the interesting effect of lowering prices on some goods, so that those goods can't produce a profit in this fashion without the coupon, but preservation wards still sell for 6400+ per, meaning that you can get more AD by buying Preservation Wards and reselling them than you can by just selling your zen directly. And Preservation Wards move pretty quickly too, since everyone needs them.

Un...fortunately, the only way I can think of to solve this problem is almost certainly even more hated than raising the AD price cap; that is, make it impossible for zen items to be sold on the AH entirely. Which would just make zen shop items even more impossible for people to get.

Hello, I think what you say in your second paragraph is true, however also i believe that the offer will remain strong in the AH being that goods offered by Zen owners are real high circulation as Preservation Wards . So I think the market will adapt and equilibrium is created, all in the case of maintaining the system of bands in a free market system would be the law of supply and demand which regulates the market.
  • Options

Hello, I think what you say in your second paragraph is true, however also i believe that the offer will remain strong in the AH being that goods offered by Zen owners are real high circulation as Preservation Wards . So I think the market will adapt and equilibrium is created, all in the case of maintaining the system of bands in a free market system would be the law of supply and demand which regulates the market.

Supply and demand aren't fundamental laws of the universe; they're simplifications of the incentives that human beings face and operate in. It's not enough to say "markets will stabilize." One needs to be able to tell a story about how markets can stabilize.

If the price cap was removed entirely, then I think that the problem re: buying pres wards and selling them on the AH would probably go away, because at any given time when a player is willing to buy pres wards for AD, they'd just as soon instantly buy up the zen and buy it directly.

But, as I've stated elsewhere, there's no telling where the price of zen in terms of AD would stabilize. And if it stabilizes at a price too high for free to play players to purchase, then some of them may essentially have no means of getting wards, and as thus may well leave the game. If this occurs, this also affects the zen supply curve-in that, how much RL money a person is willing to put into the game is affected by the state of the game. In short, even if the market "stabilizes" that's not the same thing as the market stabilizing in a place that is healthy for the game as a whole, as it may stabilize with less overall player activity, which could be harmful.
  • Options

Supply and demand aren't fundamental laws of the universe; they're simplifications of the incentives that human beings face and operate in. It's not enough to say "markets will stabilize." One needs to be able to tell a story about how markets can stabilize.

If the price cap was removed entirely, then I think that the problem re: buying pres wards and selling them on the AH would probably go away, because at any given time when a player is willing to buy pres wards for AD, they'd just as soon instantly buy up the zen and buy it directly.

But, as I've stated elsewhere, there's no telling where the price of zen in terms of AD would stabilize. And if it stabilizes at a price too high for free to play players to purchase, then some of them may essentially have no means of getting wards, and as thus may well leave the game. If this occurs, this also affects the zen supply curve-in that, how much RL money a person is willing to put into the game is affected by the state of the game. In short, even if the market "stabilizes" that's not the same thing as the market stabilizing in a place that is healthy for the game as a whole, as it may stabilize with less overall player activity, which could be harmful.

Ok, now part of present a situation of not winning, what do you think would be a viable option?
  • Options
    I never said there was a viable alternative to what we have now.
  • Options
    true you never said nothing constructive
  • Options
    In the sense that arguing against destruction is not technically construction, you are correct.