test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold PvP Towers required?

darthbbqdarthbbq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
Are they are a required structure to advance the leveling of your Stronghold?
Guild Leader- Fair Dinkum 2.0

Comments

• fenyxdrayvenfenyxdrayven Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Yes as the 4th structure to be able to upgrade to rank 3 stronghold
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hmm, I thought so too, but our guild is in the process of upgrading a Rank 2 to Rank 3 Guild Hall, but have not built any PvP structures yet. We have two Rank 2 structures and one Rank 1 structure if that makes any difference.

For guilds that don't participate in PvP, needing PvP structures to level the SH doesn't really make sense.

Especially now that the glory contributions are nerfed (bugged?) in that it would take ages to build one. The contribution:glory ratio should be fixed first before having any such requirement (if at all).
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Yea with the glory bugged you need a few million glory to get a tower.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    vordayn wrote: »
    Hmm, I thought so too, but our guild is in the process of upgrading a Rank 2 to Rank 3 Guild Hall, but have not built any PvP structures yet. We have two Rank 2 structures and one Rank 1 structure if that makes any difference.

For guilds that don't participate in PvP, needing PvP structures to level the SH doesn't really make sense.

Especially now that the glory contributions are nerfed (bugged?) in that it would take ages to build one. The contribution:glory ratio shoudl be fixed first before having any such requirement (if at all).

PvE guilds that dont participate in PvP are in FAR better situation that PvP guilds that dont participate in PvE. The Glory bug (as it is confirmed by Panderus to be bug) will probably be fixed on 27/08, since they didnt manage to fix it for today.
  • fenyxdrayvenfenyxdrayven Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    vordayn wrote: »

Especially now that the glory contributions are nerfed (bugged?) in that it would take ages to build one. The contribution:glory ratio shoudl be fixed first before having any such requirement (if at all).

Sure about that ? We wernt able to upgrade our stronghold to 3 without building the pvp tower first, I can only presume its counting the rank 2's as 2 points on that ... were just rank 1 on farm and lumber plus the market place

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    darthbbq wrote: »

No. Your guild hall counts as a structure.

Going from 2 to 3, you should have a farm, lumber mill, market and guild hall.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Yes, this.
    I find it almost disconcerting that people are often presuming the Guild Hall is not a "structure" in terms of "structure counts" in your stronghold zone. The ranking requirement say "X Number of Structures", it does not say "X Number of Additional Structures".

So in @ironzerg79 's example above: you'd have four (4) Structures, not three (3).
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    How do you get a rank 2 building without a rank 3 guildhouse? I'm in Darthbbq's guild. We have the marketplace, timbermill and farm at rank 1 and the guildhall at rank 2. We cannot improve the timbermill or farm, so it seems we must have a pvp tower. If I'm missing something obvious, please let me know as I can't see how to avoid building the PVP tower. (Doesn't rank 3 guildhall require 4 buildings OTHER than the guildhall?)
    edited August 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

This would make sense then.

Though the wording of the tooltip is ambiguous as it states, "Level 3 - Requires: 4 other structures at rank 1. Unlocks 2 new Production Plots and 1 new Support Plot."

Bmppdvv.png

The "other" in that sentences seems to indicate that it is another structure aside from the Guild Hall.

Ah well, the tool-tips are misleading at the best of times.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    edited August 2015
    melindaoz wrote: »
    How do you get a rank 2 building without a rank 3 guildhouse? I'm in Darthbbq's guild. We have the marketplace, timbermill and farm at rank 1 and the guildhall at rank 2. We cannot improve the timbermill or farm, so it seems we must have a pvp tower. If I'm missing something obvious, please let me know as I can't see how to avoid building the PVP tower. (Doesn't rank 3 guildhall require 4 buildings OTHER than the guildhall?)

I am not sure how we upgraded our other structures to rank 2. We had the farm and the marketplace at rank 2 before the Guild Hall was upgraded to rank 3.

Yes, going by the tool-tip, one needs a guild hall to be rank 4 before other structures are upgraded to rank 2, and this would indicate a PVP structure is required if the 'other' in that sentence indicates structures other than the guild hall.

But perhaps the tool-tips are incorrect. Try upgrading your guild hall from 2 to 3 anyway (if Ironzerg is correct), or try upgrading your marketplace to 2 to see if it unlocks your guild hall upgrade. It is certainly confusing.
  • thorfin0095thorfin0095 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I thought the leaders were able to choose what structures will be built in a numerical order. The 4 structure can be pvp tower or a stone quarry or yard whatever it is called. Now you will have 4 structures up.. lumber, market, food, with 4th being pvp tower or stone. The guild does not count as a structure. That is the way it is done in the guild I am in.
    After guild is built up to level 4 than go to the structures and you should be able to build them up to level 2. Hope that helps..
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The guild hall does count as a structure. I believe it's just a tooltip issue. You can't build Quarry without having the Guild hall already at Rank 3.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png