test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Happened With this Foundry/Campaign

valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
In the middle of Mod6, I found a Foundry as that was part of a campaign. It was infuriatingly fast and simple. You went and "talked" with Lord Neverember. That was the 16 or so Foundries in the campaign. I am wondering what happened to/with this person/foundry because it was immensely popular.

Comments

• Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Holly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! Are you asking about a "Fast review quest" ? That's sad, very sad.

I really hope they (devs or anyone with power in Cryptic) shut down all this kind of Foundries that do nothing good to the game.

Let me enlighten you please:

"The core of D&D is storytelling. You and your friends tell a story together, guiding your heroes through quests for treasure, battles with deadly foes, daring rescues, courtly intrigue, and much more."

So a quest that only requires to talk to Lord Neverember and get a reward right away, is NOT what D&D or the foundry must be. Capisci?
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    mrgiggles65mrgiggles65 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    In the middle of Mod6, I found a Foundry as that was part of a campaign. It was infuriatingly fast and simple. You went and "talked" with Lord Neverember. That was the 16 or so Foundries in the campaign. I am wondering what happened to/with this person/foundry because it was immensely popular.
    Well, if Cryptic caught it and got rid of it, it will likely get remade by the author. "Fast quests" of one sort or the other have been around since the beginning. Other than potentially filling the best lists (which definitely annoys the authors of serious quests), they don't harm anyone.

• Options
    myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    The main thing with these quests, is that they are a scam done by the author themselves, that fool the masses.

The only person who benefits from these is the Author who is laughing his butt off at the people who give him plays/reviews and diamonds. The only thing the person who plays that gets is 15 review quest, and 1 tip an author since you can't tip the same author twice in one day. That's all you got towards your achievements.

Meanwhile the authors of these quests put no effort into them and then scam players into feeding them Foundry levels.

So if you want to fall for that go for it, the other thing you need to understand is a quest has to be 15min long in order to count for daily rewards, so as I said you really get nothing out of playing them but some green vendor trash and a few reviews. If you like wasting your time like that go for it.

You could be playing as a Vampire leaping across building tops fighting hunters, Or choosing from 3 Unique Storylines within the same Foundry, with entirely seperate terrain, enemies, story and npc's. Or delving down into a handbuilt 1 map dungeon, starting above ground and working your way down, down, to the boss chambers.

Those are just a few of what I have created, so it's up to you what you get out of this game. Amazing stuff is out there waiting to be played and enjoyed...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • Options
    valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    I found it just looking through the catalog. Each one had around 3000 reviews. It pissed me off. I have made a few foundries of my own, each one getting a little better. It is work, and for my achievements so far, I haven't gotten the Book Imp yet, but I think I am very close (1-3 achievements away, not sure off the top of my head). And here was this guy, he might have even gotten the Stone (which is what I REALLY want), and the Bear Mount (would be nice for some of my more masculine toons instead of my Unicorn).

I just wondered if they were still around (we can't check since the foundry is down), if the guy got busted (banned/achievements taken), or what.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    yes they were hopefully removed, and he was hopefully banned from publishing anything else
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.