test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leveled dungeons/locations: effective level?

shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Maybe I missed something, I tried searching for answers but found nothing.

I stopped playing for a few months, and now that I'm back, when I go to certain areas or dungeons, I get a message saying "you are now fighting at level 41".

What is that?? I spent a lot of time developing my character before I stopped, I was finally able to take on some dragon cultists without dying in 3 seconds, and now I'm back to that again. Some of the dungeons that were easy before are super hard again. What is this ":effective level" nonsense?

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    The Tyranny of Dragons areas in the older zones, as well as Sharandar, the Dread Ring, and a few other areas, artificially raise or lower your character to the level of that area. This only affects your character's base stats, not their gear. You become very powerful if you are leveled down in this way, but the same is not true if your level gets raised, (as your gear is still low). This effect is only temporary, and you will return to your normal/real level once you leave the area.

One benefit of this is that defeated enemies will drop gear appropriate to your "true" level.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    ya if your 70 and get lowered you destroy everything if your not and get bumped to 70 you can't I tried to do some killing in my stronghold on my 64 gwf and the stuff there just eats me alive because my level might be 70 my gear is not and you just can't take the dmg they currently dish out. hoping this changes with the leveling balances they posted in the dev blog lowering npc health and dmg should help
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc