test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

foundry and the copyrights

mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
hi everyone, i'll be brief. is it ok to base my quest on a different game? by base i mean use the original dialogues, plot line, lore, npc names, locations and such. if no, would small adjustments in each category i mentioned help? would i still be able to refer my quest to the game? thanks in advance
<font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>

Comments

• Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    They don't care about "Fast Review Quest", much less about copyrights... And there are several WoW / EQ foundries outhere.

My advice: go ahead, your foundry will only get banned if some player flags it several times. But I would not refer to any other game from your foundry.

NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    thank you, valcontar73 for your advice... don't get me wrong, it is not about me. it is about the uniqueness of one forgotten game that i would like to present to you via my quest. trying to leave the same atmosphere may be more challenging especially with such tied hands than actually creating a new one.
    <font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    If you wanna do it, go ahead, do not hesitate!

To make a foundry requires a lot of energy, to make an adaptation in the current state of the foundry, requires a lot more energy. So if you have the will to do it, go ahead.

And if the game is "Forgotten" I think there will be no problem. :)
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Based on and clear plagiarism are two different things. Not that it matters much (well twill definitelly heavily affect my rating of such quest if i recognize it, but thats just one potential review).

ps: u should rly read the ToS, u even accept it when u start it the 1st time ); that nobody pays attention to it does not mean ur work wont be deleted after hundreds hours of work just because u dont have "irrevocable, written licenses granted specifically for that purpose" or such;
    Post edited by maegmaag on
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.