test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What I would like to see done for Neverwinter

thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
Hello Cryptic people. This message is for you. It is an opinion by someone trained neither in business nor computertechnology, but has played computer games run by businesses, so my grasp of technical realities is limited at best. Nonetheless, here goes.

1) Hire a separate team to go through all the game code line by line and analyze it. Then have them give a list of suggestions on what needs to be done to clean it up, repair damage, streamline it make it work better.

2)Tell everyone that plays the game that you are doing this. Give a progress report on it every now and then.

3) Tell everybody what the suggestions are. Then do the suggestions. I cannot emphasize this part enough. If you get a study done then don't follow through on the results then you are acting like a politician. Do you know what the average person thinks of a politician? So do the suggestions. Seriously: do the suggestions! All of them! In the way they are intended! Do not half-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this. If that means you have to shut the game down for an entire week while you implement them then do that. If that means you have to invest in top of the line servers then do that.

This can all be done while maintainng the current game. This will probably cost a lot, maybe even enough to make you lose money for a while. You may have to literally beg us players to buy stuff for real money in order to afford it. However, it has a good chance of improving your company's reputation. That's a Public Relations intangible. I am told that P.R. is a thing and that things have quantifiable value.

I will once again point out that when it comes to business and technology, separate or together, I do not really know what I am talking about. I have no idea whether this idea is feasable or not. But, as the title says, it is what I would like to see done. This is my feedback after playing this game since late beta and through every module since.

Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely: Mike.

Comments

• Options
    starrlight9starrlight9 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    x) The Biggest change I'd like to see to neverwinter is all new forum staff. "volunteers who do not delete players messages they do not like. Staff that doesn't take comments and suggestions as personal attacks. Staff that does not edit players posts and type in their own feelings. Staff that does not ban players from the forums for voicing legitimate concerns that their basic human and parental rights are being violated by a game company.
    x) all items from boxes are BOA
    x) all mounts are bound to account ,even collected/used ones.
    -- At the rate the Arc screws up character classes and players have to switch from Class A to Class C to be effective/helpful/useful in dungeons or skirmishes or foundries it would be greatly beneficial for use to be able to move our favorite mount from Character A to Character F.
    -- OR AT LEAST once you get a mount from a box/AH, ALL characters get a copy of that mount.

The mount and companion system is completely broken. Instead of charging for a companion/mount charge for a Token that unlocks that companion/mount on all characters. The mounts are great atm, ONLY IF you buy them from the store, God forbid you get a nightmare or Drake from the AH and then want another.

x) Said above applies to companions from boxes and special keys.
    x) Said above esp applies to the fey wild panther. It is absurd, to me, to spend $20.00 for a panther that you can NEVER get again.
    twitch: Lady_Starrlight