test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STRONGHOLD seems...

guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Boring...Protector Enclave is More Deserted than ever...dungeons are HARDER then ever and well pvp is ...the only thing that is remotely funny.... is time to look elsewhere to another game?
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    The module is like 10 hours old.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    Well my guild seems deserted .... go to PE and is deserted... go for a DUNGEON and is almost impossible and rewards are MEH.... idk how the developers figured this Mod was gonna be but i dont see more players around....and only way to do all those Dungeons is using my credit card...i mean... all the players i know must had to get geared in Mod 6 to get a shot in MOD 7 Dungeons, in PVP or at the game in general... CMON!!! i have 2.6 ilvl P.Vorp and T.Nega and got oneshoted in Valindra, got oneshoted in eCC , got stomp in PVP.... i really dont know how are the newbies and scrubs gonna survive at anything...
    This is my first impression in the first 10 hours ... imagine it within a month ....
    Im guessing all the <3ilvl people are gonna become the new scrubs and gonna get smacked here and there... whether is PVP or PVE....no pay no game.. OMG!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    and thats cause ive invested a little $ through my time in neverwinter... imagine all the scrubs who got in fresh at this MOD.... forget it... no chance at all...= desserted game
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Look for another guild. I know that a number are recruiting in PE.

If you are a solo player, you will more than likely find other solo players in guilds too. I normally solo play, but I'm enjoying this guild content. I think the guild you are in will play a strong role in your enjoyment factor.

The content is there ... you just have to access it someway or another via the guild system. Give it a chance. What is it you've got to lose?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    beck54beck54 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    My stronghold was hopping all day. It was way fun. Sounds like you need a new guild.

Who cares lf PE is a ghost town. The only time it's been fun was when we had the event where the baddies popped up all over town.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    beck54 wrote: »
    My stronghold was hopping all day. It was way fun. Sounds like you need a new guild.

Who cares lf PE is a ghost town. The only time it's been fun was when we had the event where the baddies popped up all over town.

The only time I was in PE was for the bank or mailbox anyways.

Actually this has me thinking, if more people are out of PE will the RMT spam go down since they can't reach as many people?
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    Strongholds was all in all very well planned and executed. PE is more empty because people are in their SH and doing dailies in icewind dale, running dungeons, and playing with and around other players doing things.. People were standing around a lot in PE before because there was not much left in mod6 to do. Dwarven valley was busier than it has been probably since mod3. I had a lot of fun today. Huge part of the experience mod7 is totally dependent on your guild.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    SinSojekiSinSojeki Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Honestly I thought I was going to ignore this mod Strongholds, cos I'm a solo player... Then I saw they introduced those boons, specially +15% crit severity, so now I'm "FORCED" to find a guild and play with them... sigh
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Well it's live and i may say it now officially, one word describes it all, BORING. The entire "new" Mod is like Mod 6, recycled content, Stronghold map is a map in disguise from another game, revisting the old maps like in Mod 6, terrible. C'mon is this all the creativity, Cryptic could come up with... All the bugs made it live, all the former bugs, some even 2 years old still there, the T1 dungeons laggy to the core, zero new(!) PVE content, semi forced PVP, no old or new dungeons, nada, not alt friendly at all. My verdict, big zero again, like Mod 6. How many Mods will be the same, revisiting recycled maps over and over again?!

The joy in my guild was- politely said- not overwhelming at all, most didn't even log on or couldn't cause of technical issues and a few left out of boredom.

A Mod should be a new Map(s) (entirely, not just copy paste or revisiting old ones), new Monsters (not just new skins), new Dungeon(s), new skirmish(es) and/or sometimes a new DnD class and/or race.

Maybe i am an idiot, but where are the Dungeons from a Dungeons and Dragons game? Two Mods and no Dungeons, no comment...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Too bad for you - my guild filled up with people had had more than 20 ppl online - far short of our pre-module 6 record of 50+ but still the highest in months. For me and mine... So far M7 has been a success.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Is it so hard to socialize and find a decent guild? I think not.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I didn't get to experience much of the map yet but killed the bulette, ran a few HEs and killed 100 mobs. But I am really enjoying it so far - seeing just guildies around and helping out when needed. Can't wait for more to log on so we can give the bigger HE's and the dragons a go. New zone looks very cool and refreshing. I see no recycling there.

With a mailbox and a bank there I have no need whatsoever to return to PE, where the Garden was my hangout spot. The Guild Stronghold will be my new home from now on. Invoking from anywhere inside the walls? Awesome! No need to find that campfire.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I am in a very small guild (max 10 online at any given time). Some times I am only one online.

Must say I really like the stronghold. My only problem is the dragons are a bit impossible for a party of 5 to take on in a small guild. I would just like it if there is some way of allowing a guild with say less than 10 players online to get a dragon with a reduced hp simular to the way you level lvl70 players down in certain regions.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    My guild has been more active since SH launch since pre-Mod 6.

We've been really looking forward to this mod... and despite the minor issues and irritants here and there, it's really delivering.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    I hope they will put in guild alliance system, like the armada system in STO. Then smaller guilds can band together.
    Yeah, stronghold mod is cool.
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • Options
    yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    i dont think bots can farm AR anymore even for a lv 70 player those mobs still take a chunk of your hp
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This mod caters to larger guilds, obviously. But it's something at least a percentage of the player base has wanted for awhile.

My guild (Grievance) fielded 20+ people last night as we tried to figure out the what's what of Strongholds. At least some of the content is small guild unfriendly, like the 4 dragons that you have 8 minutes to kill. :wink:

Hopefully this will help consolidate the playerbase a bit, though I am worried it'll just give more people a reason to leave.

Now that being said, even with the servers not going live til 7:30 eastern I spent more time playing Neverwinter yesterday then I had in the previous 4 to 5 months.

So that's a win for them right there. Now will this be something that keeps people invested in the game long term? I honestly don't know yet. They really still need to work on making some of the classes work better.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    Too bad for you - my guild filled up with people had had more than 20 ppl online - far short of our pre-module 6 record of 50+ but still the highest in months. For me and mine... So far M7 has been a success.

Dude, I sure hope your having a bad day or something, cause yeah....Kinda being a @#!$ there.

• Options
    ogarious wrote: »
    This mod caters to larger guilds, obviously. But it's something at least a percentage of the player base has wanted for awhile.

My guild (Grievance) fielded 20+ people last night as we tried to figure out the what's what of Strongholds. At least some of the content is small guild unfriendly, like the 4 dragons that you have 8 minutes to kill. :wink:

Hopefully this will help consolidate the playerbase a bit, though I am worried it'll just give more people a reason to leave.

Now that being said, even with the servers not going live til 7:30 eastern I spent more time playing Neverwinter yesterday then I had in the previous 4 to 5 months.

So that's a win for them right there. Now will this be something that keeps people invested in the game long term? I honestly don't know yet. They really still need to work on making some of the classes work better.

I think it'll end up keeping more people. You get people talking and playing together on a regular basis rather than pugging and you keep them more often than the other way around.

• Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Oh no, I'm being "forced" to play with other people in this multiplayer game, oh woe is me!

Lighten up guys.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,289 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    For me, it was an exciting first night. I hope my guild can stay active. A lot of confusion but we will manage better. We had 3 groups fighting 3 dragons and we could almost kill 3 within the required time frame. Better experience than I was soloing (and I did solo only until the after half of mod 6). I can do more dungeon opportunity than before since there are quests that make you to do all the existing dungeon instead of people all go to eCC in mod 6.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    All I can say is check the steam charts. This mod didn't bring back many players. The guild I'm in had 2 other people logged in.

It looks like their war on bots is winning, but in a different way. There just won't be anyone left to buy from the bots and thus the bots will be gone.

Bots will be gone but so too are the players, but hey, a goal is a goal and damn the consequences.

steamcharts.com/app/109600
  • Options
    sm0ld3r wrote: »
    All I can say is check the steam charts. This mod didn't bring back many players. The guild I'm in had 2 other people logged in.

It looks like their war on bots is winning, but in a different way. There just won't be anyone left to buy from the bots and thus the bots will be gone.

Bots will be gone but so too are the players, but hey, a goal is a goal and damn the consequences.

Doesn't that only chart those that play thru steam? I would imagine that number is getting small considering the payment issues and the fact that there is no point to using an additional frontend.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I like it.
    Dailies are easy enough to complete - 3 quests in an old mod zone, a couple in the stronghold zone, and I feel like I'm contributing to the guild effort. It's been easy to find an extra body to knock out the HE's. I'm looking forward to going after the dragons at some point.

Overall, I think it's pretty solid.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    sm0ld3r wrote: »

Doesn't that only chart those that play thru steam? I would imagine that number is getting small considering the payment issues and the fact that there is no point to using an additional frontend.

It does and what you say makes total sense.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »

How do you install Neverwinter without Arc? I'd love to get rid of ARC and just have the game.
  • Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    You need to Arc to install the game, but afterwards you can delete Arc and find the game file, it will load the launcher directly. (or you can do that without deleting Arc)

If there are ever promo codes, you'll need to reinstall Arc tho.