test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The game "no longer responding" after the Neverwinter loading screen

thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
BAD Mod 7! You broke the game for me. I cannot even start it to try it out. How are you going to fix this?

Comments

• zercyxzercyx Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I have the same message and problem. This situation does not bode well.
  • tanksouptanksoup Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Me too, after every new addon! last time took me 2 months to get back on
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    Apparently the Mod doesn't like the windows 10 Geforce driver. It crashed mine 2x and on the 3rd attempt I tried to load in safe mode and it just "froze" for a few minutes but eventually loaded. I thought this was fixed in preview?
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    I am still on Windows 7.
    Windows 8 here.
  • drclawisdeaddrclawisdead Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Not working for me, either on windows 10.
    try loading it in safemode guys. That was the fix for the preview and it appears to still be working. (fingers crossed)
  • isos757isos757 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ive windows 10 as well and no available options in the log in screen remedy the outcome..I would think that windows 10 was not the OS they designed the mod on and that could be the source of the trouble..
    I am not computer trained. How do I log in in "Safe Mode?"

• jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Forget logging in safe mode. I have made no changes to my computer. The mod is broke and from what i see above they knew this in preview.... Whay not fixed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you know is broken in the preview
    Logging in on safe mode failed.

Possibly linked: Once I start to use the forums, when I check my shut down function it has the little "exclamation mark shield" beside it.
  • oldyladoldylad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    windows 10 here and it's a no go. who was the fool who didn't account for the new win 10 drivers and make it down the line compatible? perhaps someone minght be kind enough to send out e-mails to all whom wish to play instructing them how to get on, a bandaide if you will, until such time as a permanent solution can be patched in. please.
    Safe mode don't work for me anymore and I really dont want to uninstall and re-install, that takes all day
    AMD not responding? Whatever that is
  • voyavolvervoyavolver Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have windows 10 and am having the same issues. Sigh...
  • trilliumsrampagetrilliumsrampage Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Windows 10 on two different pc's and graphic cards one integrated one not, same issues nothing is working. Just started to play too, very disappointing. We all knew 10 was coming, I've been installing it on pc's all week at work...
    For those that don't know how to load in safe mode: When the neverwinter window opens, at the top you will see "options". Open that and check the box that says safe mode and then save. There are also a couple of command lines you can put in but I can't remember where I saw those. I would suggest putting in an actual bug report to the GM.
  • itsgregsteritsgregster Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    same problem here and on Windows7. really disappointing that they would release something so broken. I tried safe mode as well and no luck there for me.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    same problem (win 7). Was able to get in earlier this evening, now "not responding".
    I aim to misbehave
  • princenutmeg#4013 princenutmeg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    All I want to do is play Neverwinter (windows 8btw) :'(
    It takes me to the loading screen and it stays there for hours and thenI decide to just click once and it says "Game.exe is not responding" and Im here like "WTF" :s
  • itsgregsteritsgregster Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Just found a fix that worked for me in another thread. On NW launcher go to Options-then in the command line box at bottom enter -d3d11Enable 0 Then hit enter and start the game. It took around a min and a half to load but at least im on.

Edit

After the first long time loading it seems to actually load faster than it did before. I don't know if that is something from the new mod or something from using that command. the game runs the same and the only thing I've noticed is when the game is exited it puts up a notification that the game has stopped responding which i suppose it would considering you had exited it.
    Post edited by itsgregster on
    now after it leaves the cryptic loading screen it moves to the neverwinter screen with all the logos at the bottom and at the bottom left it says "Preloaded 7 hull shader(s) in o.29s" so yeah Im so confuesd :/
  • hellboy381hellboy381 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    windows 10 here and when i try to open the game on the loading screen my computer says graphic card failed and was successfully reactivated
  • ruihanaruihana Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Having the same issues, still using Windows 8 since a friend already informed me that the game wouldn't work with 10. However, I figured it would crash for me as well. Did the same thing with the last Mod. I couldn't get back on for months. Even then I had to log in on safe mode or it would still crash.
    They aren't paying attention to us players so I wouldn't hold my breath. Customer service guys suck as well so don't ask them for help; they try to make it out to be your fault. Claim your computer "does no meet system requirements", even if you never had a problem before.
    It did not fix it for me. =[
  • fredderickjcfredderickjc Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    so they going to fix it yet ?
  • stonegaze1stonegaze1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    has not fixed for me im over it
This discussion has been closed.