test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have the Gateway leadership changes affected how much time you spend in game?

2»

Comments

• temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    It hasn't affected the time I spend in game.
    You have to define what you mean by 'spend more time in game". I spend more time logged in to the game client, but a fair bit less time actually playing the game. Managing professions via the game client is much slower (for me, at least) than through the gateway. I have quite a few toons (my choice, I know) so end up just pressing Collect Result over and over (would a Collect All button have been too much to ask along with the gateway change?) rather than running dungeons or beating down other players on the field of combat.

Yeah this is the one that puzzles me. they could put small AD rewards correlated with daily quests (and not just the foundry...that gets old after awhile, and its current design is very limiting). like all those horrid grindy quests we have in elemental escapades...add some AD to that. and we could...I dunno...play the game and get the AD that is almost necessary now, instead of logging in and clicking really boring buttons in a clumsy and inefficient system for an hour before playing the game...

When I say that having AD In leadership was a mistake (and I do believe that), I feel that based on the idea that it should be IN the game, but not in the leadership window. it should instead be linked to questing. or open world events, or something. sure, getting enchants and other items (that you could potentially sell), if they were competitively priced, would work. but at the same time, they could just give us AD. This wouldn't be any more beneficial to botters (less actually, since it's more time and more complex scripts), and we who actually like playing the game could...I know the idea is crazy...but PLAY IT.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Don't usae the gateway anymore ... no reason to. I have to log into the game running from my external hhd where ever i am.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    I spend less time in game.
    I found I did leadership via gateway every day at least once with each character, both for the daily reward and the ease of the interface. When there was a festival or CTA I would often do a dungeon with my smaller characters to get the festival drops so my smaller alt could "catch up" in content with my older characters.

While many days I might not have actual time to play, when I did I STILL used the gateway to set the professions (it was easier and faster) THEN log in and actually play.

Now I find myself eating up my actual playing (doing quests, dungeons, dailies etc.) with switching between characters setting skills and invoking. Then doing a minimal playing and logging off. I now play far less and am even considering not at all.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    It hasn't affected how much time I spend in game at all. I still do all my leadership in game. Gateway has never worked very well for me and I gave up on it long ago. (For months it wouldn't even load for me, no matter what browser I tried.) Personally, I feel that Gateway was poorly implemented and it poorly maintained. My own experiences with it tend to determine my beliefs on the subject, though.
  • makerofthings65makerofthings65 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I don't play any more.
    Just invoke and professions. So I have not played the actually game since a week after Mod 6 came out. Hoping Strongholds is enough to incite me to play again.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    Does not affect how much I play the game. It affects how much time I waste changing toons to do leadership though. I would play or queue in one windows and od leadership on the web while I was waiting for it to come up. I only do leadership once or twice a day still... I just lose actual playing time.

Well at least I'm invoking every char again now (11)
  • thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    I relied on having Gateway available to do Leadership (8 chars) resets while working or whatever - it always worked very well for me (even better in recent times - thanks to whomever suggested the Backspace key!). It was one of the big deciding factors to spend my limited gaming time on NW.

Having to use the client for Leadership now means I use Gateway far less (I still enjoy the occasional SCA). Which, as so many others have mentioned, means less actual play time, since I have limited time in the evenings when I can use the client. No such limit with the Gateway since I could use my phone.

Along with all the other changes -- and especially due to the nature of the changes -- it has become less enjoyable to play NW these days. It is too much like a job that has lost all its charm and upside. I don't look forward to logging into NW anymore, especially since I know I'll be using up most of my time doing busy work instead of playing -- the net result is that I am actually logging in much less than I was.

It's kind of sad after having spent a lot of time on this game over the past couple of years. Six of my 8 chars are very playable (lvl 70, 2k+is, augments, etc), one is very close, and my Pally is lvl 62 and climbing (but much slower now thanks to the XP nerf ... another nail in the coffin). I spent some money early on (hero pack, Zen, etc) but not in over a year now -- the poor handling of the economy and the crooks has left me unwilling to invest more.

However, I was still willing to check out Strongholds to see if that could rekindle my interest. My guildmates are very active and helpful, so I was somewhat hopeful. While not super-rich, I certainly have enough to contribute a fair share to our stronghold.

I've been able to amass a few million in AD through Professions (Leadership plus making/selling shirts/pants, etc), from occasional Lockbox luck, and recently from finding/selling Companion gear found in SCA. Some of the AD has been recently converted to Zen (about 3000) for this mod, and some into Keys for the new Lockbox.

But you know what? With today's delay, the chatter about all the unresolved issues from Preview, along with the recent monetization announcements, I'm no longer sure I want to even see Strongholds.

Fortunately, NW is far from the only fish in the pond ... yes, it would be a shame to leave all that AD, keys and invested time sitting on the shelf ... but it would be better than dreading what is supposed to be fun.

TL;DR: Less play, more skepticism. :-(
    Lolz 21 people don't play anymore but lurk in the forums!? Why!? YOU'LL BE BACK ADDICTS! :smiley:
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    I spend more time in game.
    Lolz 21 people don't play anymore but lurk in the forums!? Why!? YOU'LL BE BACK ADDICTS! :smiley:

That is odd. When I'm on a break from a game I'm not on their forums either.

• subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »

That is odd. When I'm on a break from a game I'm not on their forums either.

I'm taking a break from the game but still regularly checking the forums for updates. I don't think it's that unusual.
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    I don't play any more.
    @cbrowne0329
    Lurking the forums is a way to be in touch with what's going on with game development to see if things are actually getting fixed without the frustration of having to play and becoming stressed on how badly broken the game has become. Addicted????? Maybe to the first 5 mods but regardless, I refuse to participate in-game because they broke it and are now finding ways to make us dump more money into it. Not going to happen until they fix the long list of bugs and start paying more attention to the supporters. At the moment all they are doing is trying to compensate the broken play by adding more content required to spend money and not giving adequate rewards for playing this mess they have created.
    Watching the forums lets me see what's being done to fix the game without having to be stressed playing so call it what you will. The game has lots of potential, if it was in the right hands but as it is, all I see is a greedy money grab and disregard for the players.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
    edited August 2015
    @gramps5scorpion

Doesn't change the fact you WAAAAAAANNNNNTTTTTT it! YOU NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD IT! :wink:

Nah but seriously when I stop playing a game... I could care less what is going on. I really do find it odd. It's like hating hating someone buty stalking their Facebook page. Absolutely no reason for it. Not worth the time.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    @gramps5scorpion

Doesn't change the fact you WAAAAAAANNNNNTTTTTT it! YOU NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD IT! :wink:

Nah but seriously when I stop playing a game... I could care less what is going on. I really do find it odd. It's like hating hating someone buty stalking their Facebook page. Absolutely no reason for it. Not worth the time.

It's a human quirk that you may be lucky to immune to.
    When Howard Stern got on national radio they did a study of the listener base. They found out that the average fan listener tuned in around 32min. a day, they liked Stern and faithfully tuned in ea day when they could.

So what of the Non-fan base? The ones that hated Stern and despised the antics he did? They tuned in nearly 2x longer than those that loved him! When asked why they listened, it boiled down to about this: They hated him, he was a jerk, they can't believe he was allowed on air. BUT they tuned in to see just what he was going to do next.

The word is titillation. They loved to hate so much they tuned in to hate.

Why do you even think the Kardashians exist, what are they famous for? Like the Gabor sisters of another era, they are famous for being famous.

All of them Stern, Kards, the NWO are like a big train or multi car wreck, you can't resist rubbernecking to see what happened, you think to yourself "thank God that didn't happen to me, poor sods, hope they all didn't die."

• starrlight9starrlight9 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    > @kemi1984 said:
    > But fear not my fellow adventurers! the dev's are HARD at work thinking about new ways to make the game rewarding. Soon (!!!) we will trash our Leadership armies and go play picking flowers around PE earning thousands AD by doing so o:)

What messed up, op medications are you on and are you willing to share?
    twitch: Lady_Starrlight
    mattsacre wrote: »
    It's a human quirk that you may be lucky to immune to.
    When Howard Stern got on national radio they did a study of the listener base. They found out that the average fan listener tuned in around 32min. a day, they liked Stern and faithfully tuned in ea day when they could.

So what of the Non-fan base? The ones that hated Stern and despised the antics he did? They tuned in nearly 2x longer than those that loved him! When asked why they listened, it boiled down to about this: They hated him, he was a jerk, they can't believe he was allowed on air. BUT they tuned in to see just what he was going to do next.

The word is titillation. They loved to hate so much they tuned in to hate.

Why do you even think the Kardashians exist, what are they famous for? Like the Gabor sisters of another era, they are famous for being famous.

All of them Stern, Kards, the NWO are like a big train or multi car wreck, you can't resist rubbernecking to see what happened, you think to yourself "thank God that didn't happen to me, poor sods, hope they all didn't die."

This whole post right here, is the reason I always pray I never come into any sort of real power.... BECAUSE THE CLEANSE WOULD BEGIN!
  • endlifeendlife Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I don't play any more.
    This is EA/Ubisoft levels of consumer-flagellating DRM, combined with increased grind and reduced convenience, after a half-assed module.

I'm out, I'm upset at myself that I've financially supported the game, and I'll be sure to advise anyone I can against NW in particular and PWI in general.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    Hasn't changed anything as far as I'm concerned. I have a limited time I can spend in game, anyway. Tell you what though, it made the Gateway pretty useless. For al I care, they can go ahead and remove the Gateway completely now.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • bluellbluell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    the feed the pig attitude has driven away so much of the player base youd think theyd examin the feed the pig ideology of there greed cause the pigs gonna start to starve withought players.
  • thorfin0095thorfin0095 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I don't play much in the gateway because I can not invoke. I just do all my professions when I invoke in real game time. Now with the new companion items you can get in the gateway when you game with your companions I would like to login into gateway more often. Yet my big problem is TIME.