test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 6 and Armour Sets

cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
As states in the title, Mod 6 and Armour Sets.

As a SW, I know my Acc Diabolist Set was the BiS for my lvl 60 character as its this that all the guides recommend due to it's set bonus.

Now, with Lvl 70; what Armour Sets does Mod 6 bring for my SW. All I could find info wise was all the lvl60 stuff.
Will there be an "upgraded" Acc Diabolist set at lvl70?
Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)

Answers

• salacious66salacious66 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I believe it is useless but it will have served me well I guess. I have been searching around and what I can tell in MOD6 you can still go to the WoD but the mobs will be 70 however should be able to make it to the camp vendor where:

1) Get 60 Fallen Dragon Fangs and 200 Dragon Hoard Coins: At the WoD vendor there’s a new Eternal set available for 15 Fangs and 50 Coins per item. It’s a level 61 blue set which is a decent start into your post-60 advancement and the new stat curves. The most important thing: It adds over 30k HP, which you are going to need.
    2) Farm Linu’s Favor: The new Greater Cloaks are available for them at 15 each.
    3) Maybe try to save up heroic successes from herald farming pre MOD6 hitting as might give new belts if opened post MOD6 - no idea on that one tbh..
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Can you also buy the off hand for another 15 favors right away?
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
    apparently some elemental elven ward is the bis for my class, but idk about your guys class. its an item level 135 gear and you can make level 137 gear with level 5 black ice shaping which takes forever to level i hear, because you need to mine black ice and refine it.

no you don't buy your offhand from wod vender.. you get your offhand for free from sergeant knox once you hit level 70..

Oh yes, sorry, you're correct. I was thinking I needed 30 favors for some reason.

GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    apparently some elemental elven ward is the bis for my class, but idk about your guys class. its an item level 135 gear and you can make level 137 gear with level 5 black ice shaping which takes forever to level i hear, because you need to mine black ice and refine it.

no you don't buy your offhand from wod vender.. you get your offhand for free from sergeant knox once you hit level 70..

Yeah it's impossible to find any info post mod 5. Look up armor set for tr and it's still recommending swash lol.

Quoted the above text because I don't believe this to be fully correct. Although I read the off hand does come from that quest, you can also get one with favor. Though I'm not sure how much it cost or if the one for the quest is somehow better.

On another note, I read the main hand simply comes form the ToD campaign like before. The only difference is you click lvl 70 weapon instead of lvl 60. Of course that could be changed for us and the info may be outdated. As I said, not much to go off from the Internet.
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    So the Greater is still the 15 Favours in WoD then? Or are they more expensive?

I ask this as I have the 15 I need for the Black Ice Cloak, but I don't want to waste it if 15 is needed for the Lvl70 Greater version
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
    I'm not speaking from experience just google searches :smile: there is a neverwinter unblogged website that I was looking at but that was just one article in isolation.
    Can you link?
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
    Definitely hard to find solid information on the web, seems like we have to go off of word of mouth from ex PC players.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
    edited August 2015
    http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/mondays-bag-of-tricks-vol-4-mod-6-preparations/

PC is obviously different in terms of how level cap changed etc so not all relevant to us (I haven't played PC personally). Looking at the comments on that post saving the herald rewards up seems pointless.
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Good info. So in other words, farm the hell out of Tiamat now while we can before mod 6 drops. It will be impossible to beat her for awhile until we are all lvl 70 and geared.
  • majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Good info. So in other words, farm the hell out of Tiamat now while we can before mod 6 drops. It will be impossible to beat her for awhile until we are all lvl 70 and geared.

Impossible now the raid is dead.
    I've beaten it 3 out of 3 times today. It is tier 4 now so you should have no problem now.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I did two yesterday, one success and one fail (lack of dps)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    I've beaten it 3 out of 3 times today. It is tier 4 now so you should have no problem now.

Unless you're paired with complete morons who use the wrong souls on the heads, use them too early (black/white) or use them on the cleric stages....
    Or people go down and spam "help" in the DPS phases expecting you to stop dps'ing to revive them... Then said people just sit by the fire
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
    cyberguts wrote: »

Unless you're paired with complete morons who use the wrong souls on the heads, use them too early (black/white) or use them on the cleric stages....
    Or people go down and spam "help" in the DPS phases expecting you to stop dps'ing to revive them... Then said people just sit by the fire

Exactly but for the most part it's alot better than it was. And to say the raid is dead is absolutely wrong. It might be someone before tier 4 but after it hits tier 4 is a different story.
    maybe he is referring to the level 70 raid on the PC but as you say it is most certainly not dead on the xbox and I've beaten it probably 10-12 times since it hit tier 2 on the weekend.
  • mylyf2mylyf2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I must need to change instances as i am 1-13... i am a Trapper Hunter and usually am in top 5 in tiamat... i root the adds away from the clerics and go all out crazy on the heads.... i usually die once or twice per attempt and see 5-6 people just sitting at spawn.. It is very annoying., and causes a lack of dps on the heads.. The last battle, we did not even make it out of the first defend the clerics (SIGH!!!)
    I must admit I always go in at one of three specific times - at the moment I'm on a roll 8 in a row or so on the same entry time every time and I see quite a few of the same people. I view the scoreboard as meaningless - I'm usually top five but the TT from a SW tends to melt the adds at the clerics even if they are being flung around
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    2 successes in a row today as well but as mentioned above I use the unofficial '13k+ timed entry'.

Funny how people say it's not GS but whenever I actively avoid low GS by using this method I go from 10% success to 90%.

The one fail from yesterday had about 7 players between 10 & 12K and funnily enough we didn't have sufficient dps on the heads to bring them down fast enough - but maybe it was the 15k+ players all using the wrong skills as some say?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ketthooverketthoover Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    People can waste time reading gs, but then note the inability to revive a guy to avoid dps loss. Idk

Also, just a thought if you let the guy down release then run all the way back, is that more of a dps loss than reviving him?

Sure the reviver loses a little dps, but that won't equal the dps lost by the idiot spamming help for 10 sec then running back (that is if he doesn't sit at fire).

Also, who says the guy down isn't a precious 15k gear score? These decisions can be difference between win or loss.
    I don't know the times I must admit - guess I just settled on 3 specific entry times that generally yield results. GS can be misleading sometimes as I've seen 16k-17k plus DPS classes with 5 or 600 ARP whilst in my last run yesterday there was a 10.2k rogue but they did have 2k ARP - not ideal but at least trying to be effective - these are the exceptions however and in general a higher GS means more likelihood of having stats more suited to the event even if by accident.
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Last weekend i had 23 straight successes cause i went in at 1 specific time. Then everything ended and i went on a rough streak cause of lack of dps. My CW has all the soft caps and i do pretty well. I dont bounce the mobs out, i freeze them so others can kill them. The 1st part goes great. But then when get to black dragon there is zero dps. last couple runs they have gotten the black dragon down at the 1 min mark. which is lousy. I always pay attention to the clock, if its below 1:20 its gonna be rough after the first dragon. granted you can do it, but you have to have the dps. I stay for the first full run to see where we get. But alot of times we dont get off the green dragon. Too many people causing lag, and using the wrong soul gem on the wrong dragon and the whole group gets wiped. You would think after all the time we have had this that everyone would know to use the correct color on the dragons and not use astral seal. i was lagging so bad i was flying all over the screen and was even in thin air. ugh.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    I really hate when I see someone just laying on the ground spamming help. Like seriously, its not a dungeon where if you die you are done until the end or everyone else dies. So for the love of god please just respawn if you die, do not just lay there.
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I try to respawn myself, but numerous times i have had people pick me up as i am hitting ok to release, next thing i know i am up. some people also need to just let people be and let them release to respawn
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• ketthooverketthoover Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    ketthoover wrote: »
    People can waste time reading gs, but then note the inability to revive a guy to avoid dps loss. Idk

Also, just a thought if you let the guy down release then run all the way back, is that more of a dps loss than reviving him?

Sure the reviver loses a little dps, but that won't equal the dps lost by the idiot spamming help for 10 sec then running back (that is if he doesn't sit at fire).

Also, who says the guy down isn't a precious 15k gear score? These decisions can be difference between win or loss.
    I never pick up anyone. If they are dumb enough to go down then they probably aren't a high gs..

Smh...

Really? Didn't know there was a gs that made you invincible. What gs is it? I need to set that as a target.

I release immediately at clerics and wait a sec at heads. As I said reviving at heads reduces the potential overall dps loss.

Everyone can do what they prefer, and if somehow letting them spam while the team is losing dps without them proves some sort of point then win percentages will stay where they are at.
  • nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I never pick up anyone. If they are dumb enough to go down then they probably aren't a high gs..

lol People that die easy are glass cannon DPS types. You don't need those people on the dragon heads. You need the GF that was able to run to the head without dying to the 5 adds that people just stopped killing when the clerics charged up. Oh, why even pick up gems if these high GS people can take a dragon breath without dying?
    I literally always spam " GET DRAGON SOUL, AND USE IT" every time I run Tiamat. Then I just look and see 10-15 people with no souls and I just face palm. Like its not hard to press A and grab a soul ffs
  • armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Everyone should empty a belt slot so it goes there upon pickup.

Easiest way I found was split 1-3 dragon scrolls in your inventory then load them on your belt and use them waiting to enter. Great way to get rid of these things too.

If you have green white or blue gems leave the previous dragon zerg a little early and pave the way as I have seen too much DPS died on the runway and great runs go down the drain because of this.
  • lucaspetribrlucaspetribr Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    ^^ this! This is exactly what everyone should do.
    Xbox CW SS Renegade
    That's what I have done since Day 1 lol. seems like a majority of people don't, and thus they never grab/use a soul