test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Have the devs ever discussed why they don't want you to raise leadership?

majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
Its the only profession horribly gimped in exp totals, and as if that wasn't enough, it is the only one you are limited to 3 per on the exp only tasks.

When the level cap is increased it will take 15 days to level from 20-21 leadership, in that time I could go from 20-25 jewelcrafting in 17 days.

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They want you to work for your Astral Diamonds. That's the main thing.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    If I had known Leadership was so lengthy gimpy stupid slow I woulda picked something else. Let's see, 4 slots at 240 would be 960 and 4 at 160 would be 640, so if you could do that it would be 1,600 a day if you didn't obsess about logging on to restart professions. For 38,000 XP that's 24 days... So at a 3 per limit that's even longer. Even for NW that seems excessively grindy.
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    ^^ And that is saying that you are pretty much ONLY doing leadership lol. I got Weaponsmithing up to 20 1st, big mistake I didn't realize that was a waste of time and completely pointless/worthless. Then I got Jewelcrafting, then Platesmith, and now I am lvl 19 on Leadership! The grind has been real.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    It did not take me long to start thinking it would be nice if you could log in remotely somehow to manage these professions tasks. I was crushed when I read on these forums that there is a way... for PC only... with no plans for the same ability on Xbox. :s
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    soonergm wrote: »
    It did not take me long to start thinking it would be nice if you could log in remotely somehow to manage these professions tasks. I was crushed when I read on these forums that there is a way... for PC only... with no plans for the same ability on Xbox. :s

The bots that operate there is one of the big reasons I am sure. You could simply set up a bot for multiple characters and let it run over and over. It would be nice to have but not nice to have if bots run on it all day and wreak havoc on the economy.

Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • Options
    kreatyve wrote: »
    They want you to work for your Astral Diamonds. That's the main thing.

I agree with this. If Leadership was easy to level people would be making so much AD that it would make earning it next to pointless.

• Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Strange one leadership. I've been chipping away at it since the game was released when I have nothing much to do with my two main professions only to really release the final slot and it's still only level 16. Seems to take forever compared to the other professions.
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I have 3 to 20 in this order

Leadership for diamonds I do not need on my main ...lol
    Weaponsmithing assets were cheap but nothing of use
    Alchemy assets were cheap and needed for Mod 6

I was able to do the last 2 in 1/3 of the time it took me for Leadership ...lol and I have Jewelcrafting to level 11 in 2 1/2 days what !!!!

• Options
    Ok, so what use is Alchemy? I have sold all my alchemy components, so I guess I am out of luck come Mod6. But I have no idea what use it will be. I thought it is just potions and stuff.

Side Note: I looked at Alchemy and I can't get by lvl 1 without some sort of Alchemical knowledge? It says it is bind on pick-up, so there is none in the AH. How does one get started in alchemy without that thing?
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    The use of alchemy in Mod 6 is to make something that is needed for personalized rings...from what my understanding is. An elemental that goes in it. This is what someone told me ao don't quote me.
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    You can make the resources used for crafting with alchemy (iirc fundamental fire) . The knowledge piece happens after doing experimentations. Not every experimentation nets the result, so you do it a few times until it gives that in order to level.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Some good info in this thread so far. Right now my understanding is the most important professions on main character are jewel crafting and alchemy... everything else not so much. Right?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Well, leadership for AD. Just from 2 characters I am getting about 28k ad a day, the good AD tasks are like 12hrs long lol.
  • Options
    patsfire wrote: »
    Ok, so what use is Alchemy? I have sold all my alchemy components, so I guess I am out of luck come Mod6. But I have no idea what use it will be. I thought it is just potions and stuff.

Side Note: I looked at Alchemy and I can't get by lvl 1 without some sort of Alchemical knowledge? It says it is bind on pick-up, so there is none in the AH. How does one get started in alchemy without that thing?

You can make an Epic compound called Unified Element which is a required item if you are going to craft BiS shirts pants and rings

Best I can make out from the Wiki is once your Alchemy is level 25 no Epic assets are needed to make it or the elements to make it

I also believe it is used in Black Ice Shaping for improving Black Ice gear. I am not sure where this gear ranks vs what we can get in drops

• Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    JC would be the most important to personalize rings. You can also do jewel kits for action points, regen, and stamina.

Leadership is great for extra AD and some of the chests that give additional resources.

Alchemy is great for a quick unlock of the 100% slot. I have yet to level it to 20, but think you can also make dyes which can be interesting.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Yeah I make 50k minimum per day off my leaders but why even include the profession when they clearly don't want you to do it.
  • Options
    majik518 wrote: »
    Yeah I make 50k minimum per day off my leaders but why even include the profession when they clearly don't want you to do it.

The reason why leadership takes the longest to level has already been stated. Why should it be as easy to level as something that makes less profit? You can earn far more by running dungeons and selling gear or salvaging it or by playing the market, so to me leadership is to get a bit more without actually doing anything to earn it.

• Options
    cycloptomesecycloptomese Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I get close to 50,000 AD per day between seven characters. Also, when I get off work today, I'll hit 20 with my first character! WOOHOO!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Can't recall exactly, but when we get Mod6 don't the professions go up to like 25 or something? Can't wait to see how much grind is needed to get my Leadership to 25 lol

Edit: Going up 5 lvls in leadership is probably around 1-2 months worth of grind maybe. At least I am hoping its not any more
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Can't recall exactly, but when we get Mod6 don't the professions go up to like 25 or something? Can't wait to see how much grind is needed to get my Leadership to 25 lol

Yep. At level 21 the Exp for tasks will go up.

Most players will see a drastic reduction in AD earned from Leadership with the changes. There are two reasons for the reduction. There will be a temptation to focus on high experience task rather than high AD task to level up more quickly. Second, the "good" tasks as someone called them, will no longer be 12 hours. Destroy Enemy Camp becomes 16 hours. Meaning you will run them fewer times per day.

• Options
    So....Will lvl 25 tasks give a ****ton more AD?
  • Options
    kamikalzekamikalze Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    No, sadly the level 25 common quest gives only 2000AD for the 24h task and the 25 rare task 4000A for the 24h task.
    So it seems, they don't want you to earn too much money from leadership ;)
    And each level from 20 to 25 needs 40k xp. so it isn't taking that much longer to level, than from 19-20 per next level.
  • Options
    It takes 17 days from 20-21 with seven slots I think is the math I did. It might have been based on eight slots.
  • Options
    It really doesn't matter as Leadership = free AD and the devs clearly want you to work for it. If it was easy then what would be the point in farming for things to sell to get AD?
  • Options
    Leadership is an no effort way to make some rough AD with Alts and the worst way to open the 1 to 20 Professional Slot as it takes forever

With a little effort you can earn more refined AD in several of the other Professions IMHO and I am not talking about selling high end level 20 items.

If I had it to do over Leadership would be the 4th profession I would try to level for a character IMHO
  • Options
    zephyriah wrote: »

Yep. At level 21 the Exp for tasks will go up.

Most players will see a drastic reduction in AD earned from Leadership with the changes. There are two reasons for the reduction. There will be a temptation to focus on high experience task rather than high AD task to level up more quickly. Second, the "good" tasks as someone called them, will no longer be 12 hours. Destroy Enemy Camp becomes 16 hours. Meaning you will run them fewer times per day.

Wow, so they will nerf it even more after I spent all my time getting it up? What a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> joke.