test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xbox Tank LF insight to mod 6 changes

rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
Curious how viable GF tanks are in end game content. I currently pull door to door in any dungeon without healer and keep teamates alive. So no scrub here.

So geuss my question is are "good GFs" viable in end game.

I read alot of comments about things like DR bugs with enemies negating any defence you may have. And pulls will definitely be smaller because of insane heavy hitters compared to mod 5.

Any insight is welcome, i main a tank gf, and wish to keep doing so. But not if its a dead end class

Comments

• Options
    zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Xbox tank here looking for the same info. Pretty much same boat here, should I look forward to another class now?

Also for pve tanking, what 4 artifacts should I be looking for? Currently using the blood skull from pvp, waters, and the white dragon heart.
  • Options
    Im thinkin blood skull, green and white heart, undetermined 4th. But i do keep a purple tiamats orb on me for utility
  • Options
    zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I'll definitely be getting the cleric artifact, and keeping the raven skull. I'm thinking my last two will be the white heart and gwf sigil.

Something I'm curious about, and can't find any confirmation on, is the pseudo dragon companion. Do you know if you can trigger it's active ability with reflect damage, like from guarded assault or the blacksmith?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    zachwho wrote: »
    I'll definitely be getting the cleric artifact, and keeping the raven skull. I'm thinking my last two will be the white heart and gwf sigil.

Something I'm curious about, and can't find any confirmation on, is the pseudo dragon companion. Do you know if you can trigger it's active ability with reflect damage, like from guarded assault or the blacksmith?

I dont have it but i believe it states "powers" trigger it. All other tooltips that say that proc on at wills and encounters
  • Options
    whuchakawhuchaka Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    It is called google, just having knights valor on anytime that triggers from a teammate taking the damage, you taking the redirected damage and than finally you blocking the damage will trigger pseudo dragon. Guarded assault is in same category as a weapon enchantment with what it applies and does not apply. So it will not proc the pseudo dragon.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    ditch any regeneration, its worthless after mod 6

also prepare for pain because you'll be holding block almost always.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    it depends on your party. its not that hard as it was, armor pen bug was resolved. maybe you find it similar as at mod 5, no need to change anything
  • Options
    walkercat42walkercat42 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I've switched to indys pvp slayer build, sm conq and steel defense combined with heal daily and itf and et you keep guard , health and team up at all times, my friends prefer me on gf over any pally, I heal in ecc from 3-7 million self heals every run, have done every epic dungeon with all dps and no heals easily, just have to set your guy up good, and Indy explains it all very well.
  • Options
    Nah looking for info on ppl that didnt give up and go dps, but i have a sound build now that laughs at dmg bugg
  • Options
    walkercat42walkercat42 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    You can always have infinite heals and imunity with tactician sm, steel defense, shield talent and fighters recovery