test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Releasing 4 expansions at once?

zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
I note that ARC have announced the release of all 4 missing expansions at once in September for the X1. Is this wise? Sounds like a guaranteed train wreck to me on current form.

Comments

• mrwilsonvamrwilsonva Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    No. It will be fine. They are including it with all the New Elemental Evil Stuff. What can go wrong.
    vr7gyg.jpg
    Larua TR | Thomas GWF | Lizard Wizard CW
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    LoL. Only the most hardcore players would be able to juggle all this content at once. With school coming back soon, I doubt many people would have time to work on all content. There's only a handul of 20 k GS players and this will make it even harder to reach the "end game". I just hope they don't release mod 6 as is on PC. Those players are unhappy with the way they "beefed up" the content there. Not only this, they also nerfed Dragon Hoard enchantments on PC to a daily limit. They can't even do a proper reset and they want to release all content minus Strongholds. I don't honestly see it working too well.
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Wut?
    So come September my main and off hand become junk? Sure all the gear will, but I've just sunk a ton of ad getting my off hand right....
    kriptical1 wrote: »
    Wut?
    So come September my main and off hand become junk? Sure all the gear will, but I've just sunk a ton of ad getting my off hand right....

Cloak and belts become obsolete as well. When they did this on PC 7 months after Mod 5 there were a lot of upset people. Shouldn't be any different on XBox. We had less time compared to PC players however to get our mod 5 gear up.
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    doing all these campaigns at once.. bad idea. Players crave new content on a regular basis. They could have released a new mod every 6 weeks for half a year and we, as players, would have been happy. Now they have only 2 mods in reserve.

As someone with multiple 60's, its going to be impossible to do dailies for FOUR campaigns.

I'm otherwise a NW supporter, but this is a poor choice. You have chosen.... unwisely!
  • worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    So I haven't played the PC version and have been working like a dog trying to make some AD but, it's pretty slow so I'm wondering if PC players could give some advice on what to do to prepare for it and what items we should be looking to get ahead of time. Ie. Switching from swashbuckling set on TR to Draconic templar. I play a TR and DC so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I would stop working on gear since it's all pretty much obsolete. I'm not clear on whether artifacts will be obsolete. Artifact equipment is probably going to be useful as refinement points at least.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • bmeanbmean Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Looks like I just need to stock up on everything refinement then. I'm talking multiple stacks of 99x stones and enchantments... lol
    kriptical1 wrote: »
    Wut?

Cloak and belts become obsolete as well. When they did this on PC 7 months after Mod 5 there were a lot of upset people. Shouldn't be any different on XBox. We had less time compared to PC players however to get our mod 5 gear up.
    Ouch. My HV took forever to complete. In fact, my toon just got to a place where I was kinda ok. with it this past weekend. That is, once my black ice gets to purple(close).
    Seems as if there is going to be a lot of content with irrelevant drops only being done for boons etc?
  • drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Correct me if I'm wrong but do we have 4 campaigns to lvl up to 70?

so it should be easier for us to hit 70 than people on pc who already had the previous campaigns completed?

• lucivictuslucivictus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    As some have said, new content making old items obsolete is just the nature of the beast with games like this. My only concern is what it may do to community, releasing so much new content will surely spread the community thin as everyone concentrates on different things at different times. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get tier 4 rewards with Tiamat with only a third of the community doing the dailies/hoard collecting?

Hopefully it won't be bad.
    I hear you with new content//old items, but refinement puts a curve into the equation. Also, the ad pit which affects your off hands powers is relevant too. I'm all for new content, but, as you said, the potential for scattering people seems great.
  • mrmeat1966mrmeat1966 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    they should install some sort of vendor where you can take your current gear and pay to have it upgraded as you move up to 70. yeah yeah i know im dreaming lol.they want more rl money asap and i bet a HUGE number of ppl will spend a fortune to hit 70 real quick so they can moan about all the 10-16k GS players clogging up the level 70 version of tiamats dungeon ^ ^
  • drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Also how much AD have you spent on augment cubes for your off hand. in two months time your going to be doing the exact same thing to probably get the exact same feature...
  • freshtuhhdeaffreshtuhhdeaf Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Would someone post a link to where perfect world/cryptic announced this? That would be much appreciated.
    It's on their twitter page after they realized they needed to make people happy when they servers were down. Only thing is it back fired IMO.
  • kamikalzekamikalze Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    This step forward has its pros and cons:
    + it is by far easier to get to 70 and don't have the feeling of grinding as much as on PC, because of 4 campaigns
    + we still can learn from mistakes from the PC version and react accordingly to it
    + Maybe the option to play on the same servers with People on PC (Windows 10 and same progression story wise on both platforms) ?!?!
    + most likely the sinking cost for items like GMoP, low level enchantments, etc.

- of course everything we did in the last 4 months was absolutely useless and 2 months for Tiamat and boons with alts is almost impossible to achieve
    - it is by far the worst AD sink to come and by far worse than on PC, due to the mass of new stuff
    - MOD 6 !!! (Dragon Hoard Enchantment degration, some serious and way exaggerated class nerfes)
    - probably the explosion in AD/Zen exchange to 500:1 in less than 2 months after?!?!

So after all I'm quite undecided, what to think about this future update. I like playing neverwinter and I hope that it will stay that way, especially through overthinking decisions made by arc, even though that is very unlikely, but hope dies last :)
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I had previous been reading about this on the wiki, regarding the artifacts once the cap increases. How it seemed to me was, nothing you own currently goes away per se. Most of the cloaks and belts have a "greater" version for example, but an orange level 60 is probably still better than a purple 70 (PC confirm?) The artifacts (non-equipment) I believe now just simply have more levels to obtain. I think this is the case for the main and off-hands as well, however I do remember seeing something somewhere about having to get new ones and the old ones counted for so and so much conversion so your RP wasn't completely wasted.

All I know is I won't be spending any more RP into my purple artifacts that's for sure. I'll save it all up for September, just in case.
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Seems to me that the game will become less enjoyable and a lot more frustrating. Endless grinding and feeding items together with a great need for more AD to remain competitive doesn't really sound like fun somehow.
    Also the idea of adding 4 expansions at once seems badly thought out and a little bit rushed. All I can foresee is endless freezing problems and glitches, just look at today, a one and a half hour maintenance has turned into a 12 hour fiasco. Imagine what it will be like with 4 expansions added simultaneously, doesn't bear thinking about. I shall seriously consider whether I want to continue with this game as all I can see coming are serious problems, not enjoyment.
    I've really enjoyed playing Neverwinter (when it's working) and think it's a fine game, however if things look like they're taking a turn for the worse I will have absolutely no hesitation in leaving it and moving onto something I really enjoy playing.
  • gkjones85gkjones85 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    My god people. Let's all QQ some more why don't we. We complain of lack of content we complain of too much content if they released it every 6 weeks we would complain that it should be 5 weeks. I mean what else is there? If they give us a ton of content to work through, that's great! Thank you arc!!!! I play this game all day every day thank you for giving me a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of content to work through !!!! Could not be happier! I was just hoping for one new campaign and now your giving us far more than expected!!!! Soooo amazing! Arc your the best !!!!

Chuck Norris

The game has been down all day long! Noooo. Where is my compensation for being forced to be with my family
    And not this entirely free game I haven't spent a dime on!!! Come on guys let's ask for free things from a free game for ruining our lives for a few hours !!!!
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    kamikalze wrote: »
    This step forward has its pros and cons:
    + it is by far easier to get to 70 and don't have the feeling of grinding as much as on PC, because of 4 campaigns
    Haha no, you don't understand. You will die with one hit regardless of whatever class you are until you are a extremely well-geared player. I had a 21k CW prior to launch of mod 6. I'm still getting one shotted now, even with all of the new BiS gear. You are not going to be able to use these new campaign zones to level at all (level 73 mobs anyone?). If I were you, I'd get some Azures, as high of a rank you can, and put them in all of your utility slots. If you haven't completed whispering caverns yet, start there when you level, it will still be playable. Hopefully you can get to 61 by completing that whole entire zone. Then prepare yourself for 30+ hours of boring repetitive unrewarding grind that will result in lots of dying and little return.

​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    but an orange level 60 is probably still better than a purple 70 (PC confirm?)

Incorrect, the green rank 1 version of the new stuff should is equal in stats to the legendary level 60 stuff. In other words, your old stuff will not be relevant really anymore.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    lucivictus wrote: »
    As some have said, new content making old items obsolete is just the nature of the beast with games like this. My only concern is what it may do to community, releasing so much new content will surely spread the community thin as everyone concentrates on different things at different times. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get tier 4 rewards with Tiamat with only a third of the community doing the dailies/hoard collecting?

Hopefully it won't be bad.

They changed tiamat hoard donation mod 6 because very few players are able to survive in WoD. Even BiS players will get oneshotted by mobs quite often, and unless you are a member of the only elite zerg channel left, you will not be able to take out more than 3 heralds in an hour. Most instances cannot even take down one.

Because of this, the donations reset every week, and normally on PC it reaches rank 4 within 3 days of the reset.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • trealgortrealgor Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    sounds like the perfect time for me to leave I think having done the grind on 4x level 60s I can't be bothered to pretty much start again... my CW was just getting where I was really happy at 17.3k and BiS rings a couple of days away :( farewell NW guess it's time for pastures new.
    [quote="jdnutz;12656610"]i think most of you people are selfish, this new content is good for neverwinter on the whole, it has been well know that all current PC mods will be released this year, maybe i,m naive as i,ve never played PC and dont really know what
    changes mod6 will bring, anyway i,m looking forward rather than crying about my current gear.[/quote]

I'd be interested to know what gs you are what artifacts you have and at what level they are.. because personally I've farmed RP for too many hours to only have those items be any good for a meager few weeks... my times worth more than that hence why I feel the way I do. . believe me I've played mmo games for years from DAOC when it was first released on PC and I know how they work but the rewards for playing a lot in this game have just been yanked a way a bit too fast, had they given us 3 or 4 months to enjoy the artifacts that have just become available and over that time dropped 1 bit of extra content a month that would IMHO have been a better strategy and I'd have felt more rewarded for the time I've invested. Where as atm I feel my invested time has pretty much been wasted.

Trisha (cw)
    And just to add that they knew the mess mod6 created on PC so why not hold off on the game release a bit and just give us mod6 from the off... no one would have known any different then.
  • indiscriminantindiscriminant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    You won't be doing Tiamat right away anyways, because at lvl 60 you will no longer be high enough to handle Well of Dragons as everything gets their level buff. So thats not a concern right away.
    Even with the nerfed rate of drops they added to Dread Ring you will see GMarks drop from the stupid 500k down to around 100k as they become far more common than what we deal with now making it easier to upgrade your gear. And you are not starting over on your artifacts your starting with 80% of the investment you made, so you lost 20% of your effort but gain gear that is literally 2 times the stats on it. Just don't be an idiot and make sure you do it during double refinement which comes along every month or so.

Sounds like a bunch of cry babies not understanding what is really happening and worried the sky is going to fall.

Not to mention, its not like you are going to instantly be lvl 70, have your new artifact weapons, neck, belt, and sigils on the day it drops. Its going to take you a month or two to get there in the first place