test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No longer able to play

This problem began with me turning off my xbox and moving it to another TV.

When I loaded up the game it said "Neverwinter needed an update, but there was a problem" and to check my net connection. The net connection was ran by the xbox and came back fine and I even have an open NAT as well.

I have tried various clear cache methods as well as hard resets (only thing I havent tried is bringing entire xbox to factory defaults).

Giving up on fix attempts, I uninstalled the game and even wiped my local game saves and have also bypassed any and all routers with a direct Ethernet connection to my working internet connection.

When it was done reinstalling, I now have the "Play" button greyed out. I have tried also the swap to different profile fix based on searches for this problem.

The maintenance scheduled for today doesn't begin till 10am EST (7am PST as posted) and its not even 9:30am EST yet.

This problem began over 3-4 hours ago and well before the scheduled maintenance.

Please help. Any suggestions at this point I will try.

Comments

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    It was broken for everyone, not just you. Now maintenance has started, so lets hope they fix this problem when it's over...
  • valaniillevalaniille Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    There is already 1 thread about his problem... its not only you. No fix yet.
  • adwelphinehasadwelphinehas Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    valaniille wrote: »
    There is already 1 thread about his problem... its not only you. No fix yet.

Phew..thx. When posting I checked Twitter/here first but saw nothing as of yet.
  • ninjafarmer665ninjafarmer665 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem with the update but now when i get on to the "Press A on any controller" part it pops up with "The console was unable to retrieve a security token. Please try again later." so i don't know what's up with mine.
  • mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    "Server not available" after the update.
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    They say it is fixed, but I still can't get on lol. Classic
  • wgpaydaywgpayday Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Restart ur xbox
  • patriotfan74patriotfan74 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    xbox restart fixed it for me...
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    It would have been nice if they told users it would require a restart
    Pretty poor show all round guys
  • dmikkelsendmikkelsen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Still does not work after restart. Timing out everytime.
  • mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    It did not require a restart for me. Took a while after the update but eventually just started right up.
  • tang3tang3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    *-deleted-
  • tang3tang3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My play button is greyed out. I restarted my Xbox still doesn't work..worked fine til today(played last 2 days)..
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    My Play button is also greyed out
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Xbox live says there is an issue on there end. Social and gaming services affected.