test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How much money have you spent on this game?

zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
Interested to hear what people have spent on this game and on what. I've spent £96 so far on two characters. This was mainly at the start of the game to convert zen to AD to set my professions up.

Comments

• Options
    madokanxboxmadokanxbox Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I spend a bit more then €100,- since release date. I spend it for the champion of the north and dragon born bundles. It was quite easy to level up and every char has useful items, esp artifact, ring and inventory extension from the dragon born bundle or a fast epic spider mount from the champion of the north bundle.
  • Options
    razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    £40 then my character got deleated.
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    razalkunn wrote: »
    Why did your character get deleted?

• Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    I have dropped $60. That is what I would have bought it for, if it wasn't F2P. SO I figured why not.
  • Options
    fluffyr00fluffyr00 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Not a single penny and own both champion of the north and dragonborn bundle. Just exchange AD for zen when the price is right
    "Patching the patch that patched the patch"
  • Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Probably around $100 to $150 USD, depending on the exchange rates at the time. Regretting it a little bit tbh, started out by doing the same as patsfire and dropping $60 about a week after launch when it looked like I'd be enjoying the game. Then a couple purchases of $20 here and there, then one of $50 during Zen sale. I'm still sitting on most of that last purchase, for down the road.
  • Options
    birdsarcomabirdsarcoma Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2015
    $900+ USD

Those lockboxes just keep calling out to me. I hate it :(
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    "If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    lol, you would be fun to watch in Las Vegas
  • Options
    grandpaxxxgrandpaxxx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    2400 so far is there any special items for big spenders?

Vegas sheesh last time I was there spent 30k large. Blackjack love it but it does not love me. Lol

Now that I think about it. They should treat there big spenders like Vegas treats us. They provide me with free flights and super sweet rooms to come to Las Vegas. Free shows while in Vegas and even a driver to take me anywhere I want to go.

Maybe Neverwinter should have pay levels based on how much you spent thus far. $500 a legendary weapon no one alse can get in game. $1000 legendary off hand. $1500 Legendary armor $2000 legendary ring and so on. I know the cheap players would cry about it but who cares they don't pay in anyways.
    Post edited by grandpaxxx on
  • Options
    razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User

A spitefull 9 yearold nice. Nuff said.
  • Options
    theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    About $45 on lockboxes, mainly just to "donate" something for a game that gave me a lot of joy for many, too many, hours (and after that, just a plethora of annoyance.)
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • Options
    birdsarcomabirdsarcoma Member Posts: 40
    [quote=" I know the cheap players would cry about it but who cares they don't pay in anyways.[/quote]

"Cheap" and "Free" players are definitely a different thing. Focus, man! The Glitzy lights are gettin' to ye!

"If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."
  • Options
    [quote="birdsarcoma;12652200"][quote=" I know the cheap players would cry about it but who cares they don't pay in anyways.[/quote]

"Cheap" and "Free" players are definitely a different thing. Focus, man! The Glitzy lights are gettin' to ye!

[/quote]

Semantics, I try to avoid those conversations. Your always paying for something, you do know that regardless, No such thing as free. You could earn more using your talents. Spending the fruits of your labor to enjoy your downtime. So how many hours have you wasted playing. Multiply that by your worth and it equals what?
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    They should kickstart something. A bonus reward for pledging a million dollars would be a weapon that kills everything on the map for you once an hour. Then they could use that money to get some servers to take over when they're doing the maintenance or are overburdened. Or some staff to test with, you know, find out things like an initial quest like the merchant in the WoD wouldn't talk to you for the quest, or that a cleric spell kicks an entire PvP team off the game at once. Which actually, that's a pretty good spell, if you could cast it and the entire other PvP team locked up for 5 or 10 minutes etc. When it hits your team, pretty terrible for you. But great trap for the others.

There are a number of ways you can f2p. Play a lot and farm and grind (regardless if you're really slow and ineffective at it like me or not) and be part of the lots of playing player base you need. That's the largest number. Buy things to enhance your playing experience, quicken your progress, and have unique things. That's smaller. Both are important. Then there's do neither, and be the troublemakers that ruin it for the other two groups and contribute nothing but drama and tends to make both the other types quit for a while or go away entirely. (Although if you have lots of both of the first type, you might not bother doing anything about the third until you have to.)
  • Options
    [quote="xxxsfalxxx;12652711"]They should kickstart something. A bonus reward for pledging a million dollars would be a weapon that kills everything on the map for you once an hour. Then they could use that money to get some servers to take over when they're doing the maintenance or are overburdened. Or some staff to test with, you know, find out things like an initial quest like the merchant in the WoD wouldn't talk to you for the quest, or that a cleric spell kicks an entire PvP team off the game at once. Which actually, that's a pretty good spell, if you could cast it and the entire other PvP team locked up for 5 or 10 minutes etc. When it hits your team, pretty terrible for you. But great trap for the others.

There are a number of ways you can f2p. Play a lot and farm and grind (regardless if you're really slow and ineffective at it like me or not) and be part of the lots of playing player base you need. That's the largest number. Buy things to enhance your playing experience, quicken your progress, and have unique things. That's smaller. Both are important. Then there's do neither, and be the troublemakers that ruin it for the other two groups and contribute nothing but drama and tends to make both the other types quit for a while or go away entirely. (Although if you have lots of both of the first type, you might not bother doing anything about the third until you have to.) [/quote]

LOL, I pledge a 100k but I want to be a god of the arena. LOL, I want to be able to go in and 1v5 only against TR and Clerics. LOL and win everytime. That way I can get my giggles in before bed.
  • Options
    mrmeat1966mrmeat1966 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i used to play final fantasy 11 online for a subscription of bout £8 a month few years back so every month on NW i raid the piggy bank and buy some zen for keys and other goodies etc for £8-10. then for the next 29 days i restrain myself from real money purchases lol
  • Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User

A spitefull 9 yearold nice. Nuff said.

Funniest thing I've read in a while! Kids who'd have em!
  • Options
    zunamarzunamar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Im addicted to this i wonder why.....after yesterday.....i have put around 300$ in us currency in this..so far by far the most expensive free-to-play game ive played...
  • Options
    vagu2vagu2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Not a single dime and I won't spend anything on this game in the future.
  • Options
    azcrackazcrack Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    About $2000. Lockboxes......<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    about $70 here.
  • Options
    mische201mische201 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    About 60€ Herr.
  • Options
    trealgortrealgor Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Too much probably close to £300 but they are not getting a penny more... and with the new expansions meaning every pound I've put in so far is now in obsolete gear I'm seriously thinking I'll not play again as soon as September's updates drop.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I have dropped around $200 which I'm good with. This has been the only game I have played since it's release. Seeing how I typically would have bought around 3 games in that time it evens out. I will continue to support this game as long as the acknowledge the bugs/ dc, lag, etc and fix said issues. As for the new content dropping already, I'm excited for it. This is an mmo and yes the grind is real! We all knew it was coming...
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Maybe $200 on lockboxes. After playing a subscription MMO for 8 years I don't mind supporting the game.
  • Options
    drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Could be around 400 euro. I only buy lockboxes. won't be buying any more till mod 6 though.
  • Options
    kc7777777kc7777777 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    $20 so far for keys mostly.
  • Options
    xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    80$ probably on various things (mounts, dragon pack, scourge). Done nothing to really help myself out. Tip: buy 1 110% and forget about the others. At the end of the day they really don't serve any purpose.
    Post edited by xalorus on
  • Options
    spookyvaporsspookyvapors Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I've spent probably between $200-$300 on the game and I'm done. Lockboxes are a complete waste of money. I've never gotten a companion, artifact, mount, nothing worth anything. The only things I got that were worth the money is buying a mount through the zen store because you get it on every character. And recently bought some extra character slots to farm diamonds on. I'm done spending any money on this game. Putting money on lockbox keys is a complete waste. You won't get anything.