test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR /Archer still good on pvp?

marqueskikomarqueskiko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
As the title says, does archer still good on pvp? i've seen videos when they rekt, but maybe cuz there gears are limited edition, and other videos they don't do dmg at all, just use daggers hide, and do last hit.
I've told that to don't max archer, cuz it sucked or got nerfed ( im kinda new to this ), so my ideas are wrong ? OR some are corret, and i need to pick other class? Ty for reading/aswering.

Comments

• crimpatulcrimpatul Member Posts: 197
    edited August 2015
    Archery is fun when you start in pvp, but is not viable when you advance and get some normal or skilled matches. At the end you cant do 1 vs 1 versus any class, and you become a dead weight for your team . Its nice in PVE because of the DPS but they have very low CC, only some encounters. So in dragon fights maybe performs well, but inside the dungeons you want CC.

Cryptic nerfed Aspect of the Lone Wolf, stormstep, constricting arrow, etc, so Archery HR have not enough defenses/CC to play in pvp.

The combat three is dead, its very nerfed. Not worth for pvp or pve.

The trapper tree is viable for both, pve and pvp. You can get a lot of fun in both types of gameplay.

There are people that are requesting nerfs for the Trappers, but its not planned any great class balance change in the next mod launch, maybe the change could come in the next months, but there is nothing confirmed or mentioned by Cryptic for this class. And also there are some HRs that defend the class on the forums ;) .

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9483053-community-corner:-strongholds-questions-&-answers
    Teribad15: Will there be any upcoming class balance changes?

We will be monitoring player behavior and feedback once Module 7 goes live. Based on that observation and feedback, we may decide to make class balance changes. That said, at launch there are no large class-balance changes.

If you are making a new char and want some range powers I suggest you to try CW. Its very versatile in any game situation, there are different builds for him, and performs very well anywhere. Also there is a lot of CWs in the game, maybe its one of the most popular. Its not hard to guess why.
    Post edited by crimpatul on
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Archery HRs are currently the weakest possible path for any PvP classes in the game. At least, if they're not the cheap knock-off version, make-shift Trapper copycats using the same Crushing Roots oriented permadaze meta.

You can do reasonably well if you just make a slight variant of the cookie-cutter Trapper build complete with Negation enchants and root-power spamming, but in this case it's just a poor-man's version of the Trapper with significantly weaker CC capacity, and has no advantage over the base-line Trapper build. Even the DPS sucks and Trappers actually have higher DPS than Archers.

The Archery path feats are made for long-range bow-and-arrow shooting fights in mind, except this is NW, and there's no such thing as a "long range fight". Doesn't work in PvE, and doesn't work in PvP. So around half of the feats are absolutely useless in both PvP and PvE, and the feats that actually do have relevance are also made useless in general in that without the constant CC spamming like the Trappers can do, even with slightly higher damage buffs you can't survive long enough for them to be useful.

Every ranged class dominates the Archer at long range, and every melee class dominates the Archer in close/mid range, because the damage output is a joke. That's how 'viable' Archery is, in PvP.

There are some recent discussions in The Wilds/HR forums.

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    edited August 2015
    TBH I am not sure what are you trying to say.

latest?cb=20110606042636

edited August 2015
    Maybe Im wrong. I dont know all the HRs of the server.

But please, If you can, tell me 1 combat HR that classified as top 1000 in the NCL.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9357303-neverwinter:-combat-league-leaderboards

Just one.

TY.
    edited August 2015
    Only 16 SWs in the top 1000. That is representative of how bad the class is because we are talking of the result of an entire class (played by many) in a 1000 player ranking.

GWF is not OP, but you talk about 1 player, the top 1 is not representative for the class or the game, he just represent himself or his premade (idk).

Do you understand the difference? Im not a native english speaker, I dont know If I can explain it to you with a more simple way: Please dont elaborate a fallacy with a cheap syllogism.

Im talking about 1000 players, and you still dont say 1 combat HR that classified well. And yes, that is representative because we are talking about an entire class played by thousands in a 1000 top ranking. Its not 1 player like the top 1 GWF.

At least for me, to check PVP ranks and classes its a good method to see how it is going on in PVP. But you need some basic logic and perspective to analyze the results.

I know that you are the master of the HRs because you dont play trapper and you like to master a tree that nobody uses at high end pvp. But with the kind of logic that you have probed to elaborate its not strange for me to read the things that are you writing.
    edited August 2015
    Ok whatever. My point is that there are not combat HRs at the top 1000 of the NCL, and that is representative, like the SW stats. Is that your point too?

But if it is ok for you: HR combat is not dead.

PS: Please, can you send me a msg with the name of that one combat HR player. TY.

PS2: Still waiting for the player name with a combat HR that classified in the top 1000.

PS3: Time waste. Its all I can say.
    edited August 2015
    Yes sure xD hahahahahaha Its not relevant XD Please try something better.

So I must search all the HRs in the top 1000 and ask them one by one what tree they play. LOL. FU man. Dont waste my time.

muere-harold-ramis-uno-de-los-cazafantasmas_r75d.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Im not searching all the HRs in the top 1000 and PM them asking which tree they play.

The troll of the week.

If you dont want to say what combat HR is in the top 1000 I will take it as no one did it and you are just trolling.
    edited August 2015
    TBH I dont care for what a low pvp HR can say about anything and then dont give any proof about that. This is just a time waste.
    edited August 2015
    Just lol ...

I said the contrary because I ranked in the top 1000 NCL (19 HR) and I have not seen any combat HR inside... 0. With more than 300 matches played, 0 combat hrs. So I asume that combat HRs are not winning enough to get inside my matches, but this is something very hard to guess by you. Maybe someday Ill take some time to explain it to you with more detail. :)

I dont know if outside the top 1000 you see a lot, maybe you can check it :)

Clonkyo, the low pvp GWF that speaks about how good its a combat HR. :D
    edited August 2015
    Just another trapper hater. I knew it.

Keep that good work with your chars.
    edited August 2015
    Yeah sure xD

All the top 40 didnt try the combat path, never played it, and they dont try maximize the best of their chars to get as far as they can in a pvp competition, not easy at some levels, and not for taking tee cups at the moonstone mask while bragging about combat hr skills.

We are all trappers because we dont like the hard word, because combat hr is good but all we go for the easy way. And thats the only reason to not see any combat HR in high end pvp. :D

It seems that you cant understand the most basic things.
    edited August 2015
    I said that is not dead, just because there is a player like you that use a 1,4 IL combat HR.... very representative. And your secret friend of the NCL that is not relevant... :D And if you want to know him and maybe learn something from him you must search all the HRs in the top 1000 and pm 1 by 1. LOL FU.

I talked about GWFs in another threads, I will not repeat it, if you care (idk) you can search about it.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    i played this spec. at leaderboard i was at 110 page at best when i was lucky on teams, when i have bad matches i was 400 page. In my opinion still viable to have fun. i have around 3000IL
    edited August 2015
    Even archery is fun. I said it before. But as soon as you win some matches its not competitive and must be very hard to get into the top 1000, I dont know anyone and If there is one combat HR in the top 1000 I want to know him.

If a player is requesting for a tip about a tree I cant push him to specs that have 0 chances to score high. I will tell him my POV of the feats, as I did before, and I will try to point him in the right direction (at least the right direction for me).
    edited August 2015
    I played archery for more than 2 years and no one can say that I go for cheesy mechanics.
    Anyway you can take me for whatever you want, I dont care. Also I play all classes in the game, just for fun and for learn how they work.

You cant say that I dont know how to play a tree just because I dont use it at this moment.

I specced my HR the best I could to score as high as possible, and as far as I know that is not a bad thing. If you dont do that for your chars I respect it. Ill try to do it again in the next NCL.

I never said or proved that things about GWFs/SWs, stop lying. My logic is very far from that.
    crimpatul wrote: »
    Only 16 SWs in the top 1000. That is representative of how bad the class is because we are talking of the result of an entire class (played by many) in a 1000 player ranking.

GWF is not OP, but you talk about 1 player, the top 1 is not representative for the class or the game, he just represent himself or his premade (idk)

Do you understand the difference? Im not a native english speaker, I dont know If I can explain it to you with a more simple way: Please dont elaborate a fallacy with a cheap syllogism.

Dont mess with my words to probe false sentences.

EDIT: Ive responded to Viceent1. Still looking for that HR combat that scored in the top 1000.
    Post edited by crimpatul on
    edited August 2015
    Can you explain why do you use the lathander set on your 2K GWF?

Do you like strange builds?

Just curiosity.

edited August 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    (edit to add): if you are asking me

Its due it's the cheapest "set" (just necklace and belt) for "utility" slots and get extra XP from praying and questing. Some time ago wanted the full set to use it with Soulforge... but as the "Eye" avoids me, i discarded the idea and use other sets like "Valindra" (Lostmauth) set.

Welcome. :)

I dont know the "Valindra" (Lostmauth) set , is it a new self invented pro-combo or what?. :)
    A typo from devs :p
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    @clonkyo1
    Firstly meele atwills should have damage increasing like CoS(up to 8) to improve Combat Capstone. Aiming strike need faster casting because using this without Boar is stupid way. Maybe something like this for combat capstone.
    "Enemy Combat Advantage not works to you for 12s when you go in-combat. Additionaly you steal enemy Combat Advantage Stat to get extra damage buff for 6s. Damage buff is not stackable". This bonus should re-active again when you go in out-combat and again in-combat like First Strike or just grant Combat Advantage every time when you have Flurry.
  • kupyxaskupyxas Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Wild medicine can be raised by the received treatment. PvP I was able to get 690hp per stack. in the second I get 1794hp. PvE 7176 per second.On the Russian server, few can kill me, but with bugs.
    This is only one skill to regen.
    With the elven calm I get 30000 (20000)
    With vampirism by devouring from 10 beats 2-3 on 25000
    With a wheel I get 75%
    And so the same meditation
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    My Conclusion:

HRs needs to be severely reworked:

- Archery needs much more burst damage mechanics to compensate the almost 0 CC and defenses. Archery paragon must hit hard like a pro sniper, but actually hits like a slingshot ^^
    - Combat paragon... hmm... If the life steal mechanics worked like Path of Exile's life leech, these builds should be fun again to play. The actual life steal mechanic destroyed completely this pagagon.
    - Trapper builds ... The CC and DoT effects are very good enough to solo survival. No needs to change.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    @clonkyo1
    Classes like GWF, GF, TR have easily ways to get Combat Advantage buff - marking or going in stealth. Marking grants mechanic damage buff and Combat Advantage. Combat capstone grants only offensive source, so i think capstone should have also defensive capability. So if HR be able to offline enemy Combat Advantage for a few seconds entering in combat its should help againt less/more with fighting GF stunlock combo, TR CoS spam and another situations. But this debuff really need have low time-working and should works like First Strike - you go in-combat then you have this debuff for example 6s and if you wanna re-activate you need to go out-combat and then again in-combat.