test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free respec for mod7?

sojourner71sojourner71 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hello does anyone know if we will get a free respec when strongholds hit the deck?

Best Answer

• fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Nop, devs stated that there wont be "major class balanicing" so, no need for a respec token ^^

Answers

• twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    AFAIK there are no major changes to classes so why would you need a respec?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Is there a free Respec hitting 70 or they removed it?

I'm not sure they ever offered one.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »

At level 60 I had a free Respec with mine old toons, so I will not have even a free Respec for mine new toons?

You NEVER got a free respec for leveling to 60. If you had one, it was simply because you happened to have that character around during one of the few times they have given out respecs.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    No, once again, you have never gotten a respec for hitting 60. The ONLY time you can get any kind of free respec is when Cryptic has chosen to offer one. The last time one was given out was with mod 6. This is when you and your friends most likely got it.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    EVERY existing character got a free respec with the release of Module 6, not just the ones at level 60. It had nothing to do with endgame, it was entirely because of the fact that the changes made across all classes with the level cap increase made it necessary for many, if not most, characters to need a respec. If I recall correctly, they only have done this once before, Mod 3, I think, when there were a lot of changes to all classes (but not as bad as Mod 6). I wouldn't count on a free respec again for some time.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Heck, I'm still waiting for them to fix my glitched toons that got the 4th grade in certain powers before 70 and now I can't add any points in anything. ​​
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    cococya wrote: »
    Heck, I'm still waiting for them to fix my glitched toons that got the 4th grade in certain powers before 70 and now I can't add any points in anything.

I think the fix for that was to purchase a respec to fix your toons, last I heard. You could submit ticket, but I am quite sure that may be the response, pretty much pay to fix the bug, in other words.

Of course a purchased respec would fix it, but I do not intend to pay for their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I'd rather leave the toons gimped and/or not log in at all.
    ​​
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    From reading threads in the Bug Reports forum, if you have this glitch and you do not have a free respec, contact Support and explain the situation. In most cases they have been granting the player a respec token.

Here is an example of such a thread.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    From reading threads in the Bug Reports forum, if you have this glitch and you do not have a free respec, contact Support and explain the situation. In most cases they have been granting the player a respec token.

That is correct. If your character had a free respec, you were suppose to use it. If you don't have a free respec, contact support to get one added to your character. Apparently you can't "bank" free respecs, so if you have one, they can't give you two.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

That is correct. If your character had a free respec, you were suppose to use it. If you don't have a free respec, contact support to get one added to your character. Apparently you can't "bank" free respecs, so if you have one, they can't give you two.
    Only some player are complaining about the support not giving out any respec tokens anymore, even if they have that bug, but no free respec from module 6 to use.
    With some communication between them and the support going back and forth with explaining and screenshots and everything, but the support just ignoring them after a while?

Handing out a free respec with the new module to anyone without a free respec, might be a good idea... therefore i doubt that this will even cross their mind to do.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    kreatyve wrote: »

At level 60 I had a free Respec with mine old toons, so I will not have even a free Respec for mine new toons?

You NEVER got a free respec for leveling to 60. If you had one, it was simply because you happened to have that character around during one of the few times they have given out respecs.

You are incorrect. They used to offer one free respec when you hit level 60 in the open beta. I used it on 2 different toons. However with the issue of a free respec now, there are no class balance changes so why would they offer one?
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User

ironzerg79 wrote: »

If they're still giving out free respecs for that, they're not doing it for everyone. If I want that bug fixed, I have to buy one.