test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with CW PvP build

sairaiakkisairaiakki Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Can anyone help with a PvP build with the Control Wizard. Currently I am sitting on 15k gs. Over 4k power, 3100 crit, and 2900 arm pen. What stats should I be looking to increase? What enchantments should i be using? ( I have Vorpal and Soul Forge atm) Powers I use currently are RoE, Chill strike, entangling, and ice rays in tab. I have been messing with the shield and repel since i was suggested to use that. I do ok but there are some matches where I get stomped. Part of it also has to do with solo queue and I get matched up with people 4k-9k gs. Either way any help would be appreciated to better myself in the PvP world.

Answers

• mythdcmythdc Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'd suggest taking RoE and Chill strike out for Repel and shield.

But none of that matters if you dont have a premade to roll with, which is sad. Its premades or TRs. Thats your options.
  • somemintsomemint Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    mythdc wrote: »
    But none of that matters if you dont have a premade to roll with, which is sad. Its premades or TRs. Thats your options.

Not necessarily true. I'm below average player myself, I only queue solo and still able to maintain positive K/D and W/L ratios. Of course there is no chance to beat full Denial or Rekt premaid with PUGs, but I don't really care. It really depends on what you are trying to achieve.

• sairaiakkisairaiakki Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I have a positive W/L and K/D as well playing with pugs but 90 percent of my losses are from having pugs. It can be really frustrating to look at a level 60 and see that their gear score is 3900, which blew my mind. Person put no effort into getting a single piece of gear but queued up for PvP. Idk, maybe it is just me but I just dont see the purposed in queueing up with a gs that low.
  • somemintsomemint Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    sairaiakki wrote: »
    I have a positive W/L and K/D as well playing with pugs but 90 percent of my losses are from having pugs. It can be really frustrating to look at a level 60 and see that their gear score is 3900, which blew my mind. Person put no effort into getting a single piece of gear but queued up for PvP. Idk, maybe it is just me but I just dont see the purposed in queueing up with a gs that low.

Wow, crazy! The lowest I've seen was around 5000. I have DC alt that I'm leveling only by invocation and doing campaign quests once per week. At level 58 its GS is more than 3900 =)

I think they queue simply to take a look at a new content. Or to do daily quest. To be honest it happens pretty rarely, more often there are 9-10k players in PvE gear.

A few days ago I was in a match with two guys in full green gear. To my astonishment we stomped the enemy team. I wonder how low were they :)
  • armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    sairaiakki wrote: »

They were there for the AD, I have a couple characters (CW, GF ) which I refer to as my "Office Staff " they are both level 50 + and do not leave PE

I have not even assigned their Power Points or Feats nor upgraded there equipment since the last time one went out to get a second bag (NeverDeath).

They make me AD and hold my junk...but I would never queue them for PVP or any of the dailies it just is not fair to others