test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artifact Weapon Clarification

gravioligravioli Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Maybe I'm missing something, but I seem to have encountered a problem when opening Dragon Artifact Chests to get my artifact weapons. When opening my 1st chest using my Divine Oracle DC, the item description said the weapon had the Astral Seal bonus. I was thinking great, RNG is working in my favor for once. However, when I claimed it, the item description changed to the Blessing of Battle bonus....useless to my Divine Oracle. :/

Thinking I might have just misread the bonus, I decided to see what happened when I claimed the weapon on my GWF's 3rd chest. The previous two chests I opened had item descriptions indicating that I would be getting the Reaping Strike and Sure Strike at-will bonuses (two that I use very rarely with my Iron Vanguard build), so I passed on them and took the Shards of Dragon Forged Steel. Anyway, when I opened the 3rd chest, the item the description said I would be getting the Wicked Strike bonus, not great for my Iron Vanguard, but not bad either. To my surprise, when I claimed the weapon, the item description indicated that it had the Reaping Strike at-will bonus....an at-will I never use. What the hell is going on here?

Prior to this, I thought the whole process for getting the artifact weapon was completely non-intuitive and convoluted mess, but now I am thinking it is even more ridiculous. In the future, I'm thinking the best thing to do is claim the first artifact weapon regardless of the at-will bonus, and just unlock others using Cubes of Augmentation.

Comments

• ljubomir78ljubomir78 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    From my experience bonus you get is random, what you see before opening a box is more like a preview of what bonus can be,1 of possible bonuses, but for real bonus you roll dice when you claim it. So yes, just take 1st artifact weapon and use Cubes... Hope that helps...
  • adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    The weapon bonus is random, you get first when you open the chest.
    There was a problem with it in mod5, when ToD shop showed different off-hand's bonuses.