test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Siege of Neverwinter Returns on Xbox!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
With Tiamat being summoned, the Cult of the Dragon is attempting to invade Neverwinter once again!
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9477443

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Nice to see this come back again. Will there be something new next time?
  • idontcombatlootidontcombatloot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    It's the same re-used content. Would have been nice too at least get some different fashion or companions.
    Kirov - 19.2k Hellbringer Fury Warlock
    Guild Leader of <Critical Severity>
    We are recruiting 15+GS PVE and PVP players
  • wulfironshieldwulfironshield Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Only on X-Box?
  • usaorganizerusaorganizer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ok I am pretty livid right now. What is the deal with the siege defense effort in the profession area reading I'm getting 3 defense supplies from the tier 3 crafting resources on the defense supply icon? After completing the task using the rather rare items (A couple I purchased in ah, in large quantities thinking I was going to keep doing it the entire event.) I only received one defense supply upon collecting the rewards. And actually I hadn't realized it was doing this until the 3rd or 4th time running the task because, I haven't checked my inventory after collecting my rewards, because I didn't think I'd have to. it clearly says on the icon 3 and the task just above it reads 2 .. I really feel like I got totally screwed unless somebody can give me a reasonable explanation of what the deal is here and how I didn't just get taken for a ride where I used a lot of ad I shouldn't of had to at ah because I wouldn't have done that if I'd known I was only going to get one supply each time using so many of my resources. Yeah so like I said if this is somehow my error I would gladly accept the explanation showing me the error in my ways but if not I think I I am right and they need to correct how that's written on the profession sheet.
  • saskgodfathersaskgodfather Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    > @usaorganizer said:
    > Ok I am pretty livid right now. What is the deal with the siege defense effort in the profession area reading I'm getting 3 defense supplies from the tier 3 crafting resources on the defense supply icon? After completing the task using the rather rare items (A couple I purchased in ah, in large quantities thinking I was going to keep doing it the entire event.) I only received one defense supply upon collecting the rewards. And actually I hadn't realized it was doing this until the 3rd or 4th time running the task because, I haven't checked my inventory after collecting my rewards, because I didn't think I'd have to. it clearly says on the icon 3 and the task just above it reads 2 .. I really feel like I got totally screwed unless somebody can give me a reasonable explanation of what the deal is here and how I didn't just get taken for a ride where I used a lot of ad I shouldn't of had to at ah because I wouldn't have done that if I'd known I was only going to get one supply each time using so many of my resources. Yeah so like I said if this is somehow my error I would gladly accept the explanation showing me the error in my ways but if not I think I I am right and they need to correct how that's written on the profession sheet.

Hey usa, i believe your issue is with the tool you are using. You are only guaranteed one defense supply. Using pushcarts (crafting tool for this event) you can raise your % of getting 2 or 3 supplies depending on which materials you are using to craft. If you look once you select the craft you want to start, the bars will be listed at the bottom showing your %'s to get what. Hope this helps.

Behemoth
    -EGV-
  • usaorganizerusaorganizer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @usaorganizer said:
    > Ok I am pretty livid right now. What is the deal with the siege defense effort in the profession area reading I'm getting 3 defense supplies from the tier 3 crafting resources on the defense supply icon? After completing the task using the rather rare items (A couple I purchased in ah, in large quantities thinking I was going to keep doing it the entire event.) I only received one defense supply upon collecting the rewards. And actually I hadn't realized it was doing this until the 3rd or 4th time running the task because, I haven't checked my inventory after collecting my rewards, because I didn't think I'd have to. it clearly says on the icon 3 and the task just above it reads 2 .. I really feel like I got totally screwed unless somebody can give me a reasonable explanation of what the deal is here and how I didn't just get taken for a ride where I used a lot of ad I shouldn't of had to at ah because I wouldn't have done that if I'd known I was only going to get one supply each time using so many of my resources. Yeah so like I said if this is somehow my error I would gladly accept the explanation showing me the error in my ways but if not I think I I am right and they need to correct how that's written on the profession sheet.

Hey usa, i believe your issue is with the tool you are using. You are only guaranteed one defense supply. Using pushcarts (crafting tool for this event) you can raise your % of getting 2 or 3 supplies depending on which materials you are using to craft. If you look once you select the craft you want to start, the bars will be listed at the bottom showing your %'s to get what. Hope this helps.

Behemoth
    -EGV-

Then it shouldn't say 3 on the icon, it should say somewhere "chance for 3 based on your quality of resources. I think since I've only seen the quality of your resources affect the quality not quantity of other items made in the professions section, *ie.- weapons, rings, etc.a simple explanation especially for a one week event that happens maybe twice a year if they don't run it again later this year. And by the way I did use the cart that is being sold by the siege store sales person at the siege which is supposed to be a better cart then the regular one, which I actually figured was just making the time less. So if what you're saying is true I could see maybe getting to defence packages and then if I was ever lucky enough to get the epic wheelbarrow maybe get three then sure but I only got one with the better than regular cart, and a ton of expensive resources. Which by the way except for a little bit more time I could have saved a ton of money and just bought the minor injury kits to make the supplies and would have had just as many supplies made by now.

Behemoth, have you actually read that somewhere from ark or any of the game resources? Or is that just how it made sense to you because like I said the way it made sense to me was the way I said it.
    I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong and I'm not saying you're right and I'm wrong but there's little to no explanation on the whole thing and I wasted a lot of AD, that I wouldn't have wasted if any of what you say is true and the only way to make the 3 is with an epic cart. I mean really 20 of each resource just to make one supply defense what a waste. But hey thanks for responding I'm really trying to get to the bottom of this was trying to figure out if this was a glitch or something on the game.
  • xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Not very apparent, no, and very misleading if you don't already know from experience or reading a wiki etc. The number you see in the main list is like all professions, a maximum result. (Only in most other professions, you have optional slots that let you give yourself a 100% chance to get Tier 2 results and when present up to 60% to get Tier 3 results)

Depending on cart color, you have a 16%, 24%, or 40% chance to hit the tier 2 result and getting more than one item out of it. Look at the tier percentages in the bottom section before you hit X to kick it off. At best (on the average) you can get 3 defense supplies only 2 out of 5 tries.