What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There's just no other solution now. Seperate the queues

2»

Comments

• lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    iwd dom is the answer!

problems are:

1 it does not start at a regular time, go figure where the heck is iwd dom going on now . (even when you spam chat for iwd dom inv it does not help).

2 iwd dom are bugged some encounter or feat or power or ench or what ever cause iwd dom to get "stuck" fix it for the love of god.

3 if or when you are lucky enough to actually find iwd dom and you call on your guild for help. pvp channel or zone chat guess what? no 1 comes to help you. so most times i find myself 4v1 10v3 and the game is lost.

so stop crying about dom or gg and start pressuring devs to fix iwd dom already!!!!!
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I wish it ran every hour on the :30. That would be better than the seemingly random schedule. I would play in there all the time.

There are problems with PvP... period. If it was not one of the ONLY things to do right now... I would have left it alone already. That is why I have been spending a lot of my game time in the PTR.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    I waited about 30 mins for a GG queue last night, earlier I gave up with dom after a similar amount of time. When you get such long queues during the bonus hours it's clear PvP is in a really bad state. I'm also finding it less and less common to see anyone who's not in a PvP guild any more.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Because of companions, IWD BID is badly badly broken. Forget the event itself being bugged - companions in PvP are stupidly unbalanced.
    edited August 2015
    And, I think there is another solution to having separate queues (yes, I'm shamelessly quoting myself, haha):
    kvet wrote: »

my suggestion to resolve the whole "roflstomp" issue is not related to the queue in any way. Instead, incentivize an equitable battle.

if you win by more than 50% of the progress bar, you get nothing (including XP). If you lose by more that same margin, you likewise get nothing. If you score MORE or LESS than 2x (maybe 3x?) the median score (not average score, mind you, but rather the median), you get NOTHING. XP and glory awards start at some predefined value at the median point, not the top end and are awarded based on points. Less XP, more glory on the higher side, more XP and less glory on the lower end - out to +/- 50% (maybe 65%) of median on either side.

If you roll the other team without effort you earn no glory for giving having no challenge and you earn no XP because you learned nothing. If you lose without giving a true effort you earn no glory because you did not give a good accounting of yourself in battle and no XP because again, you learn nothing by being a slacker.

PvP gear drops should be given to out as a % chance from 10% to 80% starting at the median and going BOTH WAYS. Someone trying to improve but failing needs gear (or the AD) too after all.

It's certainly possible to exploit a system like this, but no more (and probably less) so than the current system. If a team has quitters (I REALLY hate the term "leaver") and is being ruined because of that, the opponents are forced to recognized this and or lose out on the awards. AFK camping would be reduced because simply capping a could points and waiting out the rest of the match won't work since a bar 600 points will be outside the award range by the end of a match - you must participate or you get nothing.

What's more - winning or losing outside the "reward range" does not count on the Leaderboard. Only wins or losses (and kills, points, deaths, assists) that happen within the "range" have any effect on your standing. Easy victories will not benefit you in any way other than the little wood (emphasis on little) you get from being a bullying.

Finally, I propose removing the "leaver" penalty and instead make it such that if you leave during a match it counts as a loss automatically and your standing is affected accordingly - no other stats are added (kills, assists, deaths and points are not counted, only a loss). This way, leaving to prevent a lost will only result in another loss (and a drop in your standing) and no reward of any kind. This doesn't help the problem of disconnection, but at least this means if you DC you can queue up right away. Sadly, people use the "DC" excuse (even DCing on purpose) to quit matches, so it can't simply be OK to DC since it's more likely to be used as an exploit that way.

Shamelessly quote away sir. IMHO... they can't hear it enough. To be quite honest... I think the reason that some guilds do not support it, when most do, they are afraid.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I don't pretend to have a solution to this problem. I have noticed substantially longer Q times for both Dom and GG PvP over the last few weeks. A few nights ago, I did all three zones in Sharandar before the Q popped . . . on my OP (which we all know takes forever to kill something now).

Perhaps PvP needs a rework from the ground up? I don't know but, unless you're in a group/guild that does it all the time, it's become a tumbleweed town.
    I aim to misbehave
    *nods* simple math: Fewer people in game = longer queue times. Try getting a lower level skirmish to pop outside of the Skirm hour... good luck.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    As to the longer queue, I am not sure if its due to ppl actually leaving PvP or just taking a break before SH releases.

Personally I dont find much incentive playing PvP right now consideringly I have 12 Bloodravens in my bank and close to 50k Glory again... DOM takes too long to pop, GG is full of pugs, and finding a good premade vs premade fight takes forever... I only join a random GG game to finish my daily, then maybe do leadership and praying, then off to PoE until Stronghold releases. :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Here's an interesting example. An opposite case.

XeHGHO2.jpg

In this case, they had a trollmade. We had a trollmade. Game starts, our trollmade is stronger than theirs. Things don't happen quite as well as they probably thought they would. Our trollmades are stronger.

What do they do?

Time stamp, number of people. In 3m 48 secs, they walk out. Just like that. Game's over.

Right. Such a nice, innocent bunch of people looking for PvP fun. I thought that had something to do with fighting in earnest, taking both the good and the bad. Guess that kind of "fun through earnest competition" probably wasn't in their job description when they signd up. Either that, or maybe they thought it wasn't worth losing their precious ranks and K/D ratios any further on a pug-queue GG, I dunno.

Whatever it is, they are such, such a nice influence to the PvP for sure. ROFL.

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Some ppl wait for the next Mod, but I think that many ppl who are not in a PvP guild left PvP. Why? Many decent PvP players joind big guilds for strongholds. This results in fewer and worse geared PuG players and more premades.

After ca. 10 matches with 1.xk IL PuGs and a few decent geared ppl against semi or full premades I stopped playing for some time. Today I tried it again for two matches.

First match, PuG against (I would say) semipremade. My team with a decent TR (3k+), a 1.3k IL player, a HR with 3k Mod 5 gear and blue main/ offhand, a CW who disconnected after 1 min and my 3.6k t.neg/t.vorp CW. Enemy, at last 3 ppl with negation, a few feytouched, 2 TRs, 2CWs and a DC. They crushed us. I say semipremade, bc I fought one of their TRs 1v1 and killed him in seconds. Might be, that he just got overconfident fighting constantly 3 or 4v1 or 2.

Second match, 3 ppl ca. 2.2k IL and a TR with similar gear as I have. The enemy team was a PuG team with mostly bad gear (I think I saw one neg.), maybe a bit tenacity. We crushed them. After capping 2 I went to the enemy node and killed everything showing their head there attacking me. I think, that I could have killed some of their team just standing there using ray of frost. I waited for a GG, that never came.

Zero balance zero fun.

Changes with Mod 7? I will merge my 1 player guild with 3 other guild, get all boons and either fight premade with them or get crushed trying to fight premades with good gear and all buffs with 1.xk players without buffs. To put things into perspective a team with full stronghold buffs will have more stat points from their buffs, than some PuG players have including gear and buffs. The gear/ buff gap will be so intense, that very few ppl will go PuG, new players will quit PvP or join a big guild. My money is on, most of them will quit.

A seperate premade que might get some results, but with this few players and no way to get decent gear with reasonable effort, PvP will die out.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    true and this merging already starting. yesterday i have 4 matches, all versus semipremades. 3 times we were destroyed, one times it was hardfought win. hope its not a new meta

my HR glass cannon archery feats hit a CW with encounter power and crit. i have pure vorpal but it only hit for 1000 damage ....
    so strongholds will be released today. Ultimate glory farming starting. enjoy the mess
    The PvP will not start for at least a month
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Yes, we are waiting for Chuck Norris' approval!
    drkbodhi wrote: »

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    edited August 2015

what pvp? can you tell me you cant spend glory to start building structures requiring glory today?

edited August 2015
    I was in a 60s PvP match on an alt last week against a 4/5 premade (from a guild you'd recognize with a name related to the slaying of pugs). Those 4 were all BIS and they all had kills in the double digits. But, my team won the match anyway. Why? Because they thought rotflstomping would win. Thing is, we evaded them and capped points. My mediocre DC came in #2 in that match, and despite so many kills, none of them were even in the top 4. That one that was? That was the pug they picked up - that guy capped points instead of chasing us around. Lol. BiS premades aren't always winners :)
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Separate the queues

Now
    vinceent1 wrote: »

what pvp? can you tell me you cant spend glory to start building structures requiring glory today?

SH PvP will not be available until next month... at the earliest. That was stated in the blog relating to the scheduled release of M7. There are still bugs in the system.

ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance