test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reward your "Bread & Butter" player base. The ones who fund your game

2»

Comments

• lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I also agree that campaign progression leading to more notable rewards (indicating time spent/commitment) is a great idea. So great in fact, bleedingblue, you should consider making your own post about it and not letting that good idea rot in this trainwreck of a thread.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Without the "bread and butter" player base as I'll loosely put it, the ones who fund this free to play game. It's safe to say this game would not last very long. That's just simple math and logic. This logic cannot be argued as this game is not run via charity. This game runs backed by $$$ that players put into it. End of story.

In saying that, it's logical and only fair that those types of players are rewarded as such.

I cannot agree with what you are proposing. I can however sympathize with you, because its much easier to level up characters now as opposed to when the game officially released. Bungie did the same thing with Destiny, a slap in the face to the "loyal" fanbase.

The thing is, you are failing to realize that the loyal customers that have spent money still have a leg up on the majority of free to play players. The beauty of this game model is that anyone can basically get anything for free (with some grinding) that the players can also purchase if they don't want to take on that grind. It's noticeable when you see someone has put money into the game just by inspecting their character.

Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    "Bread and Butter" players that's classic. I've played this game since XB1 launch and I have sent money on this game, but I avoided Tier 2 dungeons because my time is precious and when I would go into said dungeons. I would rather not spend an hour or so just to be booted. I would get booted before the fights or just before the end boss despite not dying, contributing, and so on. I understand the frustration on the lack of skill in the Tiamat fight, but I see high and low players not even picking up a dragon soul or not even using one in which half the players die right off the bat. Another awesome thing I am seeing is high GS afkers and quitters, just standing at the campfire, sometimes dancing or running around in a circle. This is even happening with a nice smooth Tiamat run.
  • aznly92aznly92 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Without the "bread and butter" player base as I'll loosely put it, the ones who fund this free to play game. It's safe to say this game would not last very long. That's just simple math and logic. This logic cannot be argued as this game is not run via charity. This game runs backed by $$$ that players put into it. End of story.

In saying that, it's logical and only fair that those types of players are rewarded as such.

I cannot agree with what you are proposing. I can however sympathize with you, because its much easier to level up characters now as opposed to when the game officially released. Bungie did the same thing with Destiny, a slap in the face to the "loyal" fanbase.

The thing is, you are failing to realize that the loyal customers that have spent money still have a leg up on the majority of free to play players. The beauty of this game model is that anyone can basically get anything for free (with some grinding) that the players can also purchase if they don't want to take on that grind. It's noticeable when you see someone has put money into the game just by inspecting their character.

That is a bias statement. My character is geared up, but I have been free to play. 22k gwf with proper stats. All it took was researching my character. This game has already been played on PC and there is a wiki and many many guides.
    GWF 3.5k i.Lvl 18.3k power, 15.8k Crit strike, 6.1k ArPen, 2.1k Rec, 66.5% Crit chance, 117.1% Crit Severity, Unbuffed
  • legendraystr3legendraystr3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    GS matters to a point. Using the dragon soul and WHEN TO USE IT matters just as much or even more. Not much I can do when I have blue and green head poisons the entire ground and people wasted their green in the front of the path and half the team runs to the head and dies because no one puts one in the middle or by the front of the head.....

Anyways about the OP about rewarding players who buy zen and stuff. The reward is, buying the stuff. The game is F2P. Everyone else has to grind or work for the items and such. So if you buy something..... that is the reward. If you feel you are wasting your money or not getting a good value..... then make smarter purchases or investments. I use to buy keys when I first started to play. Now I don't buy as much. But with the new lockbox, I'm curious of the new race and my girlfriend and son both got a Greater Mark of Power from the lockbox so I want to try my luck again.

Does it suck that the new end game items make the T2 items worthless. Sure it does. But that's what happens. I WANT THIS! I want new better gear that makes the current gear I have, worthless. So I have a reason to play. To farm. To grind. I honestly feel this is common sense. And if people have issues because THEY can't make AD, that's a selfish complaint and I don't care about your selfish issues.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me and I don't care if anyone does disagree with me. All I know is, my family and I enjoy this game. I have no issue spending money on this game. I know when I do, it supports this game and helps them make new expansions and such. I'm looking forward to the future expansions. The system they have with purchasing zen and items with money is fine and what I expect. If someone does have a problem with it, then either don't buy anything or spend more wisely. Not much else to say about it.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    to be honest, I think it was a bad move to add Tiamat without the previous campaigns. Even if they bring dread ring, sharandar. what will be the point. except the boons, nothing on those maps will be better than what we already have. The ice windy dale weapons are far worse than the artefact weapons as well, at least have some pvp. we could use gg. but then gg and ice wind dale would be the only good patch.
    So I think tiamat update was a bad move to be honest, unless you plan to bring mod 6 soon because i think people will get bored of tiamat in like a month or two max. But then, if you bring mod 6 too soon, I would probably be very upset considering I have finally made 3 of my artifacts items legendary. (a mixing of light p2w and heavy farm). However, a bunch of friends i know paid the entire RP for all their legendaries. They will be probably be very upset if mod 6 hit here too soon and all our gear be like useless and not give enough RP for the new items.
    so I am not so optmistic to the situation of the game right now to be honest.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Mod 3 will lower the outrageous prices of Greater Marks you see in the market. Even though there is a low chance to get them, there's still that extra chance. That will eliminate the price gouging going on in the market for them. I hope they increase the difficulty of older mods. It would be a walk in the park being geared from mod 5 and then going through the old content as is on PC. Also no reason to get gear from there as well. Ice Wind Dale would be worth it though. Giving out t2 armor like candy was a bad idea and does eliminate some people from running T2s. People still need Greater Marks and aren't as fortunate as others when it comes to AD. I constantly help others run T2 content in my guild. I also sometimes randomly jump into a T1 PUG and help people there as well.